Parenthood (2010)

ParenthoodNetwork: NBC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: March 2, 2010 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Lauren Graham, Peter Krause, Mae Whitman, Miles Heizer, Craig T. Nelson, Bonnie Bedelia, Erika Christensen, Sam Jaeger, Dax Shepard, Joy Bryant, Monica Potter, Sarah Ramos, and Max Burkholder.

current TV show

TV show description:
Sarah Braverman (Lauren Graham) is a financially strapped single mother. She packs up her Fresno apartment and uproots her two inconvenienced kids, Amber (Mae Whitman) and Drew (Miles Heizer), to make a big move back home to Berkeley to be closer to her family.

Sarah is greeted by her larger-than-life and headstrong father, Zeek (Craig T. Nelson), and her pillar-of-strength mother, Camille (Bonnie Bedelia). Unbeknown to Sarah, her stable parents are privately dealing with marital issues.

Meanwhile, Sarah’s sister and complete antithesis, Julia (Erika Christensen) is a successful corporate attorney who juggles work and motherhood, alongside her stay-at-home husband, Joel (Sam Jaeger).

Sarah’s younger brother is commitment-phobic Crosby (Dax Shepard) who must suddenly contend with accepting adult responsibility when an old flame, Jasmine (Joy Bryant) shows up unexpectedly and he must re-evaluate his priorities.

Still, it’s Adam (Peter Krause), the oldest Braverman sibling, who must relinquish his preconceived expectations about what constitutes a “normal” family. He, his wife Kristina (Monica Potter), and teenage daughter Haddie (Sarah Ramos) learn that eccentric little brother Max (Max Burkholder) is diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome.

Although each sibling and family has its own share of life to grapple with, perhaps this reunion is the push they need to help each other pick up the pieces and focus on the everyday challenges that families face while raising children and starting over.

lINDA r. December 9, 2010 at 1:56 pm

pLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!! iT’S THE BEST SHOW TO HAVE COME ALONG IN A LONG IN A LONG LONG TIME.

Lee Ann December 9, 2010 at 4:52 am

I am in love with this show and the actors on the show and can’t beleive that it might be cancelled. I look forward to it every Tuesday, and I talk to so many people that I know that watch it too and love it, so I am shocked to hear that it isn’t doing as well as it is. Please don’t cancel it, I love this show!

Elaine December 8, 2010 at 4:28 am

Love the show, I look forward to Tuesday when its on, finally something on TV that is worth watching….Please keep it going, LOVE all the charcters

Ellen November 10, 2010 at 11:57 pm

I am a huge fan of Parenthood and do not have children – by choice. The writing, acting and directing is first rate and the show should NOT be canceled. The show is about relationships in families, which all of us have experienced. The fact that the story lines show both humor and pathos is what makes it believable. You don’t need to experience first hand all the situations to understand and feel for the characters. Please keep the show going for several more years. It’s truly one of the best shows on TV. Who can we write to and express our thoughts for keeping Parenthood alive and on the air?

kassidy October 19, 2010 at 12:02 am

i love this show! i watch it with my dad and he never likes any show! so i think it’s a keeeeeper :)

Susan Danielson September 7, 2010 at 7:17 pm

I love this show and am eager to see it return – it is straightforward – the characters are sympathetic and realistic, the struggles they face are recognizable – no horrid violence,no absurd computers, no horrid politics – really – we need more shows like this!

Lori July 16, 2010 at 6:04 pm

I LOVE this show. It is a drama, a comedy & it inspires change & encourages personal growth & it’s all wrapped up into a 1hr show. The characters are amazingly interesting and the storylines really hit home. This is a WINNER. Everyone I know watches it & we look forward to it every week. So glad to see Lauren Graham back on tv. Sure hope she & the teacher get back together. I sooo liked the two of them together.

Amisha May 12, 2010 at 10:09 pm

I know I totally agree! this is one of a VERY few shows where the characters feel soo real…almost every episode I find myself on the verge of some great emotion!…….plus, it doesn’t hurt that peter kraus is smokin’.

Sally Ragdoll April 15, 2010 at 1:15 pm

I 100% agree with Blue Honey. The casting is perfect and the way each episode builds on the other has me totally addicted!

Glenda Gibson April 15, 2010 at 8:49 am

I think Parenthood is one of the best shows currently on t.v. please leave it alone. Don’t change a thing.

Heather April 14, 2010 at 5:32 pm

My husband and I love this show and we aren’t even parents yet. Please keep this show. It could become a classic like The Cosby Show was when I was a kid.

jade April 5, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Please please please don’t cancel it! I love this show so far and the actors in it!

susan cunningham March 22, 2010 at 2:28 pm

fantastic show so far. something to look forward to. I used to love ER and Judging Amy. Somthing else than a foolish reality show.

Kim Osmar March 18, 2010 at 7:55 am

Totally agree, Parenthood is a fabulous show. In the time of reality shows this family oriented program is a fresh change. Although biased, as I have an autistic son of 7 years, and is emotional for me. But would be heartbroken to see it not make it. The young boy that plays Max is great, and love the actors portraying these characters. Please do not cancel this show. Is fantastic.

Blue Honey March 15, 2010 at 11:34 pm

So far, I can safely say that I think I am in loooooove with this show!

Please, please, please don’t cancel it… I finally have something to look forward to watching on Tuedsay nights.