Parenthood: Cancelled Over Dispute for Season Six?

Parenthood canceled or season six?Sounds like there’s some trouble over at the Braverman house. Deadline reports that the show may be cancelled over salary and cost-cutting measures.

Airing on NBC since 2010, Parenthood revolves around the lives of the extended Braverman family in Northern California. The ensemble cast includes Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Tyree Brown, Joy Bryant, Max Burkholder, Erika Christensen, Miles Heizer, Sam Jaeger, Monica Potter, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Mae Whitman, with Bonnie Bedelia and Craig T. Nelson.

Word is that NBC wants to renew the show for a final season of 13 episodes. To cut costs, the network/studio has asked the large cast to reduce their episode guarantee from 13 to nine episodes. That would mean that they’d potentially only appear in and be paid for nine installments.

Reportedly, they don’t want to do that and the cast and studio are at an impasse. If a deal isn’t reached today, the episode that aired on April 17th may be Parenthood’s defacto series finale.

What do you think? Are you hoping that Parenthood returns for one final season? Would you be okay with everyone not appearing in every episode?

Anonymous October 25, 2014 at 4:51 pm

I love this show! It’s one of the best I’ve seen. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL PARENTHOOD!

vicki October 3, 2014 at 9:09 pm

We really enjoyed a show with family values of current times. Nothing like it on current tv. We grew up in late 195O’s &early 60’s with tv shows teaching good manners & values for kids with families without them. Even if only it touches a few children, it can make a difference. Great show!!!!!

Anonymous September 27, 2014 at 10:43 am

Please don’t cancel! I love that show!

gina September 11, 2014 at 9:33 am

Please put Bellevue back on I love that show My daughter and I watch the show together that was r quality time together and its a good show for kids

Cheyenne September 2, 2014 at 7:52 am

Parenthood is one of the few shows I like on TV. It is uplifting and positive. TV is full of garbage. There is so much glorification of disturbing, depressing people on TV that healthy people like me have better things to do than watch self destructive people.

Lynne July 15, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Why did NBC take the show off the air? CBS is my favorite network anyway, so it would be great if they picked the show up. Stupid move NBC!

Steven June 9, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Is it a profit issue? Doesn’t NBC make enough money? This show in my opinion is one of the best to hit TV in years. It’s the only show I look forward to watching with my family. I’m so tired of the singing/dancing/talent shows that run EVERY night. This is the only show I watch on basic cable. I hope a different network picks up this show where this stations largest mistake may happen. Find your thinking caps NBC.

Kevin June 16, 2014 at 6:07 am

We as viewers all need to ban together and give NBC a ton of backlash over this!! Networks continue to throw a bunch of garbage at us, but won’t air quality shows like “Parenthood”. I have vowed to BOYCOTT NBC if they do indeed cancel “Parenthood”. We as viewers do need to start a petition, website, and make ourselves known before its too late. Write NBC, call them, do whatever we can to let our voices be heard. Lets make them know how we feel. It makes me ill as this is a well written, high quality show for families to watch!

pat connolly June 5, 2014 at 3:54 am

Come on NBC! Why would you cancel the best drama on TV? It is clean, no smut and good story line…The acting is the BEST..you leave on a bunch of BAD stuff and take the good stuff out. Oh well, I’m sure those great actors will find excellent rolls on another channel…your loss and the fans that love it

Lisa May 28, 2014 at 12:25 am

the best show out there.. hope they can come up with a solution..

Jennifer May 27, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Taking this show off the air would be a bad decision considering it is the best, most educational, family show worth watching. Compared to the violence and smut shows out there, by far, it sounds like this is a very well-liked show by so many out there!

Please, please, please cast and NBC … we love the show … can’t we all just get along?

Kara May 27, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Please don’t cancel this show, I love parenthood and look forward to watching it every week! Please play session 6, love the storyline and cast!