Parenthood: Renewed for Sixth and Final Season

Parenthood renewed, endingThings were a little touch and go for awhile but NBC has now renewed Parenthood for a sixth season. It will be the last season and the cast and crew will have 13 episodes to say goodbye.

Parenthood revolves around the lives of the extended Braverman family in Northern California. The ensemble cast includes Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Tyree Brown, Joy Bryant, Max Burkholder, Erika Christensen, Miles Heizer, Sam Jaeger, Monica Potter, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Mae Whitman, with Bonnie Bedelia and Craig T. Nelson.

The series has never been a ratings hit for NBC but it has remained a pretty consistent performer with a devoted fanbase. This season, the ratings took a pretty dramatic downturn, dropping 20-30% compared to the fourth season. Shows like Revolution, Growing Up Fisher, and Believe all had better ratings but they were cancelled.

The network wanted to cut costs so they could bring the large ensemble series back for a final season but members of the cast reportedly didn’t want to agree to a smaller-than-usual episode guarantee. A compromise was eventually made.

We should have a better idea this week when season six will begin airing.

What do you think? Are you glad that Parenthood has been renewed for a final season? Would you like to see a seventh season or do you think this is the right time to end it?

Anonymous June 11, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Parenthood us one of my all time favorite shows. I would to see it last many more seasons.

bob June 10, 2014 at 5:55 pm

parenthood – one of the best scripted shows on TV. Can’t understand its low ratings this season. I would love for it to return for a seventh season. Each character feels like a family member.

Pene June 9, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Parenthood is the best show on TV. It appeals to all ages and it’s true to life situations and real life challenges make it so appealing. It is a good, clean series without vulgarity or explicit sex. A rare gem in today’s TR world! So many channels, so few shows worth watching.
All the actors in it are extremely talented & professional. The story line is well written. The photography is beautiful. Another great production by Ron Howard. I could watch this show for years to come as it evolves and its characters grow and change, resolving true conflicts and challenges that we all can relate to.
The only problem with it has been lack of publicity. If more people were aware this show existed, you would not even be considering canceling it for years to come!

Anne June 9, 2014 at 4:32 am

I agree Parenthood is absolutely the best show on TV. It touches on so many areas of parenting and families which most people can relate to and is very current. Will miss my fix when this show ends. Can’t wait each week to watch this show. DO NOT WANT THIS SHOW TO END

Pearlyq June 9, 2014 at 3:04 am

Please don’t cancel t show. I Lov’a, lov’a, lov’a this
Show!

Sylvia Scherer June 8, 2014 at 10:55 am

Do not watch much TV, but I really do like “Parenthood”.

Anonymous June 6, 2014 at 11:41 am

Do not end this show. It is one of the best shows.

Anonymous June 6, 2014 at 1:30 am

Please please don’t take it away!!!! It’s the best show out there!!!

Anonymous June 6, 2014 at 1:27 am

Please don’t end this show! I hardly ever watch TV , but am glued to the set every single week for Parenthood. The cast has so much going on in the show to end now. :(

Missy June 5, 2014 at 7:41 pm

I am 60 yrs old. I would like to be able to watch “Parenthood ” until I breathe my last breath. I am not much of a t.v. person…..but , I feel a deep connection to the Bravermans….I will feel like my family members have been lost to me. This show deals with all the realities of family life….the characters are wonderful!!!! Pleaseeee !!! don’t leave me!!!!

Anonymous June 5, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Love this show….do not want to say goodbye

Tiana June 4, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Love the Braverman family and all the great characters, sensitive brilliant writers, a truly great show. Don’t let this get cancelled there is more to their stories.

SGL June 4, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Parenthood is a very thoughtful and honest look into a family’s inter relationships and dynamics.

Not stereo typical like some of the modern shows.

Gale June 4, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Absolutely the best show on TV. I’m really sorry to see it end but glad that it’s going to have one more year. No other show deals with “life” as honestly as Parenthood. Three cheers to the writers and cast.

Peggy Grandey June 3, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Parenthood is the best show on TV right now. It has something for everyone…Such a great education for most of us…The characters are so real.
I agree..Ray Romano is a misfit.
Such a great wholesome movie.
PLEASE RENEW AGAIN AND AGAIN!
It is so worth watching.
Please reconsider and have it stay on so much longer……please.