Parenthood: Season Five Ratings

Parenthood season five ratingsThough it’s been in danger of being cancelled each year, Parenthood has survived for five seasons. Will it see a sixth year or will this be the end? We’ll have a better idea as the weeks progress.

Airing on NBC since 2010, Parenthood revolves around the lives of the extended Braverman family in Northern California. The ensemble cast includes Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Tyree Brown, Joy Bryant, Max Burkholder, Erika Christensen, Miles Heizer, Sam Jaeger, Monica Potter, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Mae Whitman, with Bonnie Bedelia and Craig T. Nelson.

5/11 update: Parenthood has been renewed for a sixth and final season of 13 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.98 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

For comparisons: The fourth season of Parks and Recreation averaged a 1.8 rating in the demo and 4.98 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Parenthood TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for a sixth season?

Kara February 18, 2014 at 7:23 pm

This is my favorite show on TV. The portrayal of Aspergers Syndrome is spot on – I have a son with Aspergers and my husband and I laugh, cry, and find joy in seeing how show mirror our own lives. All the characters in this show are amazing. I hope you will keep this show on TV — we need to get the word out to our friends, as this show is amazing.

kath February 18, 2014 at 6:16 pm

i would hate to see this show end. so many aspects of the show are relatable to the average family. i love to see how they resolve issues and how they love each other no matter what. i look forward to watching it, so much that if it’s not on my thursday evening is not complete! please keep the show! Been following it since day 1 and have gotten lots of friends hooked too!

Janet Call February 15, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I just finished watching all four seasons. It’s my new favorite family. I would be so disappointed if it was not renewed. A friend of mine told me about the show and thought I would like it. She was definitely right!

Sara Loper February 5, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Please keep this show!! I love this show and it’s amazing family vibe! =)

Ann February 2, 2014 at 8:29 am

With all of the trash on tv today this show is a breath of fresh air! I want it to continue as long as it stays on the path it’s been on. I was sorry to see Jason Ritter leave, however. The acting is superb from everyone! Keep up the positive storylines please!

Marc January 27, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Great show. One of the best shows on tv today. Extremely worth retaining. If need be, find another day or time.

Ashlee January 26, 2014 at 4:59 am

I absolutely love this show. I watched it on netflix, episode after episode. I love the family dynamic. It’s been a long while since I’ve seen this type of relatable family show on tv. I think it is absolutely great, and the cast works well. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW. PLEASE.

Sara January 14, 2014 at 10:19 pm

This show always makes me laugh and cry. When they are happy I am happy. When they are sad I am sad. I feel their pain as if it were my own
For this I give not only credit to the phenomenal acting but the incredible writing as well. Keep it up!

Charlotte January 13, 2014 at 2:36 pm

I also love this show. please don’t take parenthood off. I hope the executives at nbc can see that this is the best show on television. We need a 6th season

DeeDee January 10, 2014 at 10:38 pm

I’m killing myself for not checking this show out sooner! I literally just watched the first four seasons in three days. What an amazing show! The writing is superb, the acting off the charts and they deal with real life issues in a truly human not trite way. Please please please do not cancel this show. We need more programming like this!

Otteson December 20, 2013 at 9:33 pm

One of the smartest and most humane shows on Network TV. Do not cancel, by all means.

Judy December 9, 2013 at 3:00 pm

This is my number one favorite TV show. The writing is usually incredible, though I would like to offer a few notes on some recent storylines that I feel could hurt the ratings in the long run. For example, I do wish they would refer to Haddie more, after all, we don’t forget our children when they go away to college, we generally worry about them and talk about them frequently. I feel that the show completely abandoned this character. I love the addition of Hank and was glad they finally matched Sarah up with a realistic partner., but now they are dropping this potential new love interest in our laps… her flightiness isgrowing pretty old. It’s also tough to see Camille and Zeke struggling, but even more difficult watching Julia wander away from what my daughters and I believe is the best husband character on television… Sheesh! When you add to that the fact that Amber is dealing with a fiance who is dealing with PTSD, there’s just too much turmoil and family discord. I have also gotten a little bit tired of Kristina getting the choicest storylines… She was phenomenal last year, but other characters’ storylines should get more attention this year now that her cancer situation has cleared up. I think Amber should find a viable love interest and that a singing career should blossom… also, someone as brilliant as she should be taking classes – perhaps online? I also wonder if Max should have learned by now that eye contact IS possible with training. It would make him so much easier to relate to and sympathize with. I have two friends who stopped watching the show because they couldn’t handle the scenes with Max. I defended all the decisions the writers made early on, but see that there are ways to make him a much more sympathetic character. I love this show so, so much and am as invested in the Braverman family as much as I ever wish to be… to the point that I would miss them terribly if the show were to be canceled. So, please continue to nurture them and keep their (fictiious) family alive and thriving as long as possible. I do love the drama, but this season it feels more forced than real and doesn’t touch my heartstrings as it has in season’s past, and that worries me!! And, PLEASE bring up Haddie more frequently. Having had kids away at college ourselves, her complete absence, at least in conversation, is glaringly unrealistic to my husband and me. Thank you for letting me vent!

Kel November 28, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Was just recently introduced to this show back in September and have watched all the seasons to catch up to the episodes airing now. I am obsessed with this show. Would love to see a season 6. PLEASE do not cancel the show!

am September 30, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Love it didn’t know it was on. Will set the PVR. Can’t watch right away but I LOVE this show.

Rachel September 27, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I love this show please don’t cancel it !!!

Rebecca January 10, 2014 at 4:48 pm

I LOVE this show!!!! Families are crazy at times and everything doesn’t go right all the time. I am so invested in Ryan and Amber’s story. I hope they don’t end it for good. I would de devastated if this show ended this season. It’s the only reason I stay up on Thursday nights.