Parenthood: Season Five Ratings

Parenthood season five ratingsThough it’s been in danger of being cancelled each year, Parenthood has survived for five seasons. Will it see a sixth year or will this be the end? We’ll have a better idea as the weeks progress.

Airing on NBC since 2010, Parenthood revolves around the lives of the extended Braverman family in Northern California. The ensemble cast includes Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Tyree Brown, Joy Bryant, Max Burkholder, Erika Christensen, Miles Heizer, Sam Jaeger, Monica Potter, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Mae Whitman, with Bonnie Bedelia and Craig T. Nelson.

5/11 update: Parenthood has been renewed for a sixth and final season of 13 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.98 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

For comparisons: The fourth season of Parks and Recreation averaged a 1.8 rating in the demo and 4.98 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Parenthood TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for a sixth season?

Courtney May 6, 2014 at 12:46 am

Keep the show for season 6! My friends and I are hooked. And we watch it online so the ratings don’t count that.

Suz May 6, 2014 at 12:18 am

I so agree with all the positive comments regarding Parenthood. The actors do such a fabulous job capturing the essence of the autistic spectrum disorder. Our family lives with autism and this show has become our joyful therapy.

Nicole May 5, 2014 at 11:44 am

YES keep this show! It may not get viewers like the walking dead but it’s an amazing show and the fans are DIE HARD! We won’t be happy with NBC if you cancel this.. Just saying

Michelle May 4, 2014 at 2:53 am

Parenthood, Season 5. Renewing to season 6. Yes, please! I love this show. I have watched every show, not at it’s airing time cause it’s past my bedtime. I love the actors and the story lines for each season. It is so well written. The only thing, I don’t like is how every final season episode has to be created like they aren’t coming back.

Dicle Tigris May 2, 2014 at 6:33 am

I think, that this wonderful, heartwarming, beautiful Show is also doing an absolutely great job in raising awareness in the subject Asberger’s Syndrome! After I was confronted to this knowledge in some episodes, I realised that a little kid from years ago, who used to play with my son, must have had Asberger’s! That was like an struck of insight! And I was just so judgemental at that time and just said “his parents did such a lousy job in educating him, he’s like a crazed monkey!” ……And now I know, that wasn’t the case! I’m so sad that I hadn’t ANY info about that back then. I lost a friend there! I love the peculiare attitude of Max’ parents, going around and giving people boks or instruction manuals about Max and Asberger’s. It seems crazy, because it’s so pushy, but it’s also very brave and brilliant, because there’s NO way other than that, to getting to know that syndrome! My hat off.

Dicle Tigris May 2, 2014 at 6:23 am

I absolutely adore this Show. It moves me to tears of joy or sadness each and every single time! I love all the characters, I love to see the four siblings supporting eachother, I love to see the two brothers getting successfull in their shared business dream! It gives me hope. I love to see the real life difficulties in some of the relationships and marriage….I find lots of stuff to relate and to love. It’s a Show for the heart definately! It’s full with strong and strange (and very loveable) people. I wouldn’t want to miss that in the future! They’ve done such a great job! Congratulations! The whole crew, all the cast, everyone can be really really proud of themselves! My favourite characters: Crosby, Zeek, Julia, Kristina, Natalie, Drew. I don’t like Amber expressing every single emotion with an instant tear flow. That would scare me a bit in real life. I love Kristina’s transformation through cancer and pot into an much more open minded lady: That’s what life can do with you. And she and her hubby are such a sweet and incredible harmonious couple. There has been lots of scenes, where I was expecting them to fight or call eachother “crazy / obsessive”, but it didn’t happen. She was so mellow and he was so understanding of her personality: Incredible! I’ve never seen something like that, but I definately enjoyed it. I love them both: Adam and Kristina, real soul mates, bonded deeply by life and long years. I love the whole development/transformation of Crosby! I love his attitude in still be able to push through his individuality! But I would like him to grow his hair longer, it suits him better. I love his wife too. I was very scared of her in the beginning, where she was very dominant, but I see that she truly loves him and she’s sweet to him now. I loved the hot intern at the Lucheonette and I wished she would have continued to work there! What happened, why did she just dissapear?
I just discovered this Show some weeks ago! I’m from Switzerland.

Lindsey May 1, 2014 at 9:41 am

Where do these ratings come from? I am literally shocked Parenthood is not higher, especially now that the first few seasons are on Netflix and people have been able to catch up. It is talked so highly about, most notably around people in their 30’s and 40’s

Brenda Halverson April 30, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Please keep the show on air there are every few show we ever watch and this is one of them. It is an actual good family show. No Bad language, no nudity, no guns or fighting, blood shed and nothing scary. This is a family show we’d hate to loose.

Pamela April 30, 2014 at 7:33 am

Parenthood is by far our favorite show on TV. The actors in this series are EXCELLENT!! We hope it is renewed!

Robert April 29, 2014 at 2:48 pm

By far the best show on TV!! Please keep it on the air.

Bett April 29, 2014 at 12:13 am

Love Parenthood,hope it stays on the air. Soon there will be nothing to watch at all. I hate “reality” shows,just watch one episode and you have seen them all. So many cop shows some Just getting more violent. My son is a law enforcement officer and had never shot his gun let alone every day. Parenthood is a good family show with real life issues.

Bob April 28, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Parenthood is like the modern day version of The Walton’s? Great entertainment with characters you can relate to and care about. It should continue for at least another 5 years no matter what the 18-49 demo numbers are. They are not the only ones watching TV.

Brianna Boulton April 28, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Please keep this show on the air! It is one of my all time favorite shows. It is rare that a show gets it this right. They talk about and show what real families face. Please please keep it on the air.

Ann April 28, 2014 at 3:56 am

It’s an awesome show and one of the few series my whole family sits together to watch. Please keep it, do not cancel!

Luther dudley April 28, 2014 at 3:03 am