Parenthood: Season Four Renewal from NBC

season 4 for NBC ParenthoodThe Braverman family will be back next season. NBC has renewed Parenthood, their family drama, for a fourth season.

The move certainly comes as no surprise if you follow the ratings. While the show has been in danger of cancellation in the past, the state of NBC’s current schedule ensured that Parenthood would be renewed for another round of episodes.

It also certainly didn’t hurt that the show is produced by NBC-Universal and is coming close to having enough episodes for syndication.

According to TV Line, Parenthood has been renewed for a 15 episode season. If the ratings are strong enough, the order could certainly be increased to a full 22 episode season.

This season, Parenthood averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.13 million total viewers. On our NBC Ratings Report Card — which measures the demo success of shows on the network — Parenthood has a solid “A” grade. It’s the third-highest rated scripted show on the network this season.

We’ll know for sure if Parenthood will be returning next fall (very likely) and on what night.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that it’s been renewed? Were you worried that it would be cancelled? How long do you think the series should run?

Diane April 12, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Am so glad they have decided to renew Parenthood, It is one of the best NBC has to offer…in fact I now keep NBC on all evening on thursday, even though some of the shows that or listed is pretty bad…

Patricia June 25, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I am so thrilled that Parenthood has been renewed. It is definitely the most well thought out show on TV. The acting is amazing and, I feel, it continually gets overlooked when it comes to awards and accolades. I hope Parenthood continues to entertain and enlighten viewers for many years to come!! Patricia

mary April 26, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I love this show, please keep it coming. It is the only decent show on t.v. I love all the cast.

Julie April 26, 2013 at 7:00 pm

My husband and I LOVE this good all American family show! These talented actors manage to touch our hearts every week. So tired of the untalented reality shows, please find a way to let the show go on!

Anonymous April 10, 2013 at 7:09 am

My favorite show on tv. NBC should give it 22 episodes. It’s funny, challenging, thoughtful, and well acted!!!! Keep it going. I look forward to every episode.

linda March 28, 2013 at 8:55 pm

So excited parenthood will be coming back it is the best family show on tv. The story line
is very true to life and actors are great. Hope it goes to 22 episodes. It deserves it.

Martha March 25, 2013 at 7:43 am

Parenthood is an intelligent show that appeals to all audiences. My 19 year old and her 50+ mother both love the stories. I wanted to slap Victor for a while, but he finally got it together. I also appreciate not having a laugh track! I’m glad we can look forward to a Season Four, but do we have to wait until September 2013??!!