Parenthood: Season Four Renewal from NBC

season 4 for NBC ParenthoodThe Braverman family will be back next season. NBC has renewed Parenthood, their family drama, for a fourth season.

The move certainly comes as no surprise if you follow the ratings. While the show has been in danger of cancellation in the past, the state of NBC’s current schedule ensured that Parenthood would be renewed for another round of episodes.

It also certainly didn’t hurt that the show is produced by NBC-Universal and is coming close to having enough episodes for syndication.

According to TV Line, Parenthood has been renewed for a 15 episode season. If the ratings are strong enough, the order could certainly be increased to a full 22 episode season.

This season, Parenthood averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.13 million total viewers. On our NBC Ratings Report Card — which measures the demo success of shows on the network — Parenthood has a solid “A” grade. It’s the third-highest rated scripted show on the network this season.

We’ll know for sure if Parenthood will be returning next fall (very likely) and on what night.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that it’s been renewed? Were you worried that it would be cancelled? How long do you think the series should run?

Christine March 23, 2013 at 4:24 pm

My husband and I love the show. We have been looking for when it is on.

Dan March 21, 2013 at 7:08 am

I’ve been looking for parenthood on my guide for weeks. This my wife and I watch regularly. Great characters and ” real” life situations that people encounter. All actors make it believable suspense filled and enjoyable tv viewing. Please don’t cancel and extend the episodes. Thanks for the previous episodes producers.

Betty March 14, 2013 at 1:55 am

Yay!!! I love love this show, the best show on TV now!!! my favorite :). Thank you NBC …I want as many episodes as possible, can’t get enough of the Braverman’s <3

Betty Mc Gaffey March 14, 2013 at 1:44 am

I love this show!!! So happy it is not being canceled…Thank you NBC :). I wwant as many show as possible…can’t get enough of Parenthood <3

Betty Mc Gaffey March 14, 2013 at 1:36 am

Yes!!! I love that show…was so mad when I heard it had been canceled!!! I can’t wait, and can’t get enough of parenthood…more episodes please :)

Reenie March 12, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I love this show, I literally plan my shcedule around it so I can see it right away unlike all the other shows that I record and watch later. I think it would be a huge mistake to cancel this show and I want all 22 episodes!!!!!

Amy February 20, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I’m glad Parenthood will be returning. It is one of the best shows on TV–thoughtfully written with identifiable characters. It deals with real family problems with responses that are real. Please keep it on.

Hollie February 9, 2013 at 1:13 am

Parenthood is the best- it would be a huge mistake to cancel.

grace February 4, 2013 at 3:46 pm

My husband and I love this show and can’t wait to see what Sarah does with her future. Ray Romano is a great character, as well as the whole cast.

Lilly January 27, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Parenthood is one of the best, if not the best show on tv. Please do not cancel it.

Carl January 25, 2013 at 12:25 pm

This is a great show with real depth,& character. This show is #1,on my top 10 show’s, period! Don’t even think of canceling this show! and don’t making the season so short. That drives me nuts!

Maggie Bufe January 23, 2013 at 7:57 pm

The show on January 22, 2013 was so emotional and I look forward to this show each week. Will it be back again or was this show the final one? I hope not.

Millie January 23, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I Love this show and look forward to it every week. If the network cancels it, NBC will not be a newtork I look to for quality and entertainment. If they have cancelled it, they should reconsider….

Sue January 22, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Parenthood is a great show. I never miss it. Defintely keep it on TV with many more seasons. More shows in a season would be fantastic. Ray Romano is fantastic.

Ellen January 20, 2013 at 2:32 pm

This is my favorite YV show. I look forward to it all week. I was afraid it had been cancelled, when it did not start promptly in the season. Why are there so few episodes. It seems to me that discourages viewers–they just get involved with the story line, and the abbreviated season ends.