Parenthood: Season Four Ratings

NBC parenthood ratingsUnfortunately, Parenthood has never been a hit TV show in the ratings. Fortunately, the numbers have been good enough to keep it from being cancelled each year. Will the Braverman family’s luck hold out? Time will tell.

An ensemble family drama, the cast includes Bonnie Bedelia, Craig T. Nelson, Dax Shepard, Erika Christensen, Joy Bryant, Lauren Graham, Mae Whitman, Max Burkholder, Miles Heizer, Monica Potter, Peter Krause, Sam Jaeger, Sarah Ramos, Savannah Paige Rae, and Tyree Brown.

Season four of Parenthood typically airs on Tuesdays nights at 10pm on the NBC network. They’ve ordered 15 episodes.

These are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Parenthood is going to be cancelled or renewed for season five.

The figures will be updated as the weeks progress so be sure to bookmark and return to this page:

UPDATE: NBC has renewed this show for 2013-14 and has ordered 22 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.98 million total viewers.

Episode 04-15: Tuesday, 01/22/13 (season finale)
1.8 in the demo (-5% change) with 4.87 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.84 in the demo with 4.98 million.

Episode 04-14: Tuesday, 01/15/13
1.9 in the demo (0% change) with 4.96 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.84 in the demo with 4.99 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 04-13: Tuesday, 01/08/13
1.9 in the demo (+6% change) with 5.30 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.84 in the demo with 4.99 million.

Episode 04-12: Tuesday, 01/01/13
1.8 in the demo (-10% change) with 5.37 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.83 in the demo with 4.96 million.

Episode 04-11: Tuesday, 12/11/12
2.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 5.73 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 1.84 in the demo with 4.93 million.

Episode 04-10: Tuesday, 12/04/12
1.8 in the demo (0% change) with 4.98 million (+11% change).
Season averages: 1.82 in the demo with 4.85 million.

Episode 04-09: Tuesday, 11/27/12
1.8 in the demo (+6% change) with 4.49 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.82 in the demo with 4.83 million.

Episode 04-08: Tuesday, 11/20/12
1.7 in the demo (-11% change) with 4.62 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.83 in the demo with 4.88 million.

Episode 04-07: Tuesday, 11/13/12
1.9 in the demo (0% change) with 4.82 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.84 in the demo with 4.91 million.

Episode 04-06: Tuesday, 10/23/12
1.9 in the demo (-5% change) with 4.85 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.83 in the demo with 4.93 million.

Episode 04-05: Tuesday, 10/09/12
2.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 4.95 million (+11% change).
Season averages: 1.82 in the demo with 4.94 million.

Episode 04-04: Tuesday, 10/02/12
1.6 in the demo (-11% change) with 4.45 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.77 in the demo with 4.94 million.

Episode 04-03: Tuesday, 09/25/12
1.8 in the demo (0% change) with 4.85 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.83 in the demo with 5.10 million.

Episode 04-02: Tuesday, 9/18/12
1.8 in the demo (-5% change) with 4.98 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.85 in the demo with 5.23 million.

Episode 04-01: Tuesday, 9/11/12
1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.48 million total viewers.
Season averages: 1.90 in the demo with 5.48 million.

It wasn’t a great start of the season. Though Parenthood won its timeslot (opposite reruns), it was down year-to-year by 14% in the coveted demo (vs a 2.2 rating) and down by 13% in total viewers (vs 6.29 million). This isn’t a big surprise however since each season opener has been lower than the one before it.

Reference point: The 2011-12 season of Parenthood averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.13 million viewers.

Note: These ratings are collected by the Nielsen company and are the final national numbers. These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings and are reported by most other outlets. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Parenthood TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fifth season?

Amazon.com Widgets

Ellen January 23, 2013 at 2:01 pm

My favorite show. Never miss it. Great cast and wonderful storyline. I will be heartsick if they don’t bring it back!

wggirl January 23, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Please dont cancel Parenthood its such a good show. They deal with real life issue’s.

Emma Lyons-Macatee January 23, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Sooo true! :)

June January 23, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I enjoy “Parenthood” and I hope that it returns for a five season. I only watch four TV shows so I do hope that this one will be back.

Lisa January 23, 2013 at 1:14 pm

BEST drama on TV. Must be renewed !

Joanne January 23, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Please, please, please keep Parenthood on TV. It is the ONLY show worth watching. If you take this show off I will probably not watch any TV at all. It is the only show that I watch and DVR at the same time just in case I miss something I can go back and see it. It has the best writing and the best acting. PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACK FOR SEASON FIVE!!

LOUISE January 23, 2013 at 11:57 am

I would be extremely disappointed if it is not renewed. What a great family show. You feel like you know these people. There isn’t an episode that doesn’t bring tears to your eyes. KEEP IT ON.

Mommasita January 23, 2013 at 11:14 am

Please don’t cancel Parenthood! Best show on television!

Susan January 23, 2013 at 10:26 am

Parenthood is the best show on television and I hope it stays on the air.

Krista Long January 23, 2013 at 10:16 am

This show should absolutely be picked up for a 5th season. I think it is a great quality show. Definitely the only show I personally would stay up until 11pm for. I am too excited about it every Tuesday to even DVR it because I can’t wait to watch it.

linda hines January 23, 2013 at 10:09 am

My absolute favorite show. Please don’t cancel. Great family show.

Fran January 23, 2013 at 10:04 am

This outstanding family show tackles important, realistic family issues so well. The cast and writing are extraordinary. Please do not cancel this quality show that has a loyal fan base as evidenced on Facebook.

Mimi January 23, 2013 at 9:53 am

This is the best show on television, family values, no violence, a look at the close relationships within a family that is almost non-existent these days. It’s about love and loyalty…PLEASE keep it on TV

Judy January 23, 2013 at 9:31 am

One of the few classy shows still on TV – they handle sensitive subject matter with class.

Margaret McFadden January 23, 2013 at 8:18 am

I am so sick and tired of the way you T.V. Executives just up and cancel shows. Forget about the million or so of us that watch this absolutely amazing show Parenthood, what’s it matter what we think or like. Maybe do you stupid polls in Canada too geesh! This is an honest to goodness, whole hearted, family show. I even talk about it every week with my co-worker , whom I might add is a man! My 19, 20,and 21 year old daughters look forward to every episode, as do I. Unfortunately I have to watch mine on re- peat day due to working straight mid nights! You take so many actual good shows off the air! QUIT DISAPPOINTING US! Keep Parenthood going! Give us what we WANT!

Mary January 23, 2013 at 7:00 am

This is my favorite show and I am disappointed it is such a short season. The final also concerns me with the feel of this being the last show.

Betty January 23, 2013 at 8:23 am

Love this show!!! Please bring it back for a season 5. Best show on tv!!