Partners: Cancelled Show Wiped from CBS Website, People’s Choice Awards

Sorry Partners fans. If you were hoping that CBS might get around to releasing the remaining unaired episodes of the cancelled sitcom, you shouldn’t hold your breath. The network has completely deleted Partners from their website.

Just last week, you could find video of full episodes, clips, promos, synopses, biographies, and show photos on the network site. All traces of David Krumholtz, Michael Urie, Sophia Bush, and Brandon Routh have been deleted.

While Partners wasn’t a ratings success for CBS, it wasn’t a huge flop either. Heck, NBC and FOX would love to have more sitcoms with Partners’ numbers.

It’s curious that the network would so quickly wipe out all traces of a show that ran for six weeks but in the past they’ve kept immediate failures (like How to Be a Gentleman and 3) on their website for months.

On Saturday, Partners was deleted from the People’s Choice Award category for Favorite New TV Comedy.

While CBS promoted Partners’ nomination last week and the show is still listed as a nominee, you can’t actually vote for the show on the voting page any longer. The People’s Choice Award airs on CBS on January 9th.

It seems that CBS is trying to forget Partners as quickly as possible. Ah, Hollywood!

What do you think? Why do you think Partners was pulled from the CBS site so quickly? Would you be interested in purchasing the sitcom on DVD? Would you have voted for the show?

Canceled and renewed TV show

71 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

Good old CBS! Last year , they pulled ” S*** My Father Says'”; this year, it was “Partners.” If a show has Jewish characters, it’s pulled. Guess, it’s easy to discriminate. Why does CBS tease the viewers this way? I’m going to cut most of the CBS shows that I watch.

2. Rhonda says

I went out to CBS site to try and find episodes that I missed and I couldn’t find it. Then I did a search and found out it was cancelled. Now I am not a CBS watcher outside of the Big Bang Theory but I was really enjoying Partners. It is sad that actual funny shows are being cancelled. I mean at least give it to mid-season before you make a change like that. Maybe it should have been on another channel that would have given it time to find an audience. Hopefully TBS could pick them up. They are doing original shows now.

3. John Esche says

Very sad; but certainly fitting in with CBS’ rather long history of getting sitcoms with quality writing and not working with them in the face of initially weak numbers.

OF COURSE I would be among the first to order a DVD of all the filmed episodes of PARTNERS. With the quality of the personalities and the simple, almost Joe Keenan style of the writing, PARTNERS was – along with THE BIG BANG THEORY – the only television I went out of my way to see AND record every week.

We still watch TWO AND A HALF MEN, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (which has always been good but we made a point of turning on so as not to miss the start of PARTNERS) and on another networks BONES and WHITNEY, but only BIG BANG THEORY and PARTNERS were never missed at our house. PARTNERS will be terribly missed – probably the most missed cancellation for us since EUREKA.

There’s certainly no reason to keep the set on for the rather awful (even if successful) sitcoms which followed it. CBS, to that extent, is helping us catch up on our reading.

4. Michael Urie is the Best! says

I was really enjoying this show…unlike many other new ones (I barely made it through one episode of neighbours – LAME!). I’m disappointed that not only has a good show been cancelled, but Michael Urie is once again taken off the air and he is HILARIOUS. He has great chemistry with all of his fellow actors and is just cute and lovable (and this from a straight housewife).

• Claudia Balboa says

I agree, I LOVE Partners too, adorable characters, and just plain funny!! I think it’s REALLY cruel of CBS/WB to NOT let us fans be able to see all the episodes and to also own them on DVD! Why punish us more?! Partners is cancelled, let us to at least enjoy those 12/13 episodes they filmed. It’s our only consolation. Please!! :'(

Sad fan in California.

5. casidy says

I think they are making the right choice by pretending this terrible show never existed! Partners got on my nerves more than the incessant bark of my neighbor’s dog, or the constant rush hour traffic on the way to my office every day. What was even more annoying was that my roommate was completely in love with this show; some people have no taste in TV. 😉 She insisted on watching it every Monday! It’s definitely curious that CBS has completely erased the show from the website, but I think it’s a good move!

6. says

If it wasn’t a big flop, then why not move it to another network.

The show was hysterical.

It came from the creators of Will & Grace & look at how many emmys that show has won, so why cancel this show ????

7. says

The website might not be there but the show should still be on. It wasn’t even given a fair chance and I would like to get the DVD of the first episodes cause I loved it. Bad on CBS. I vaguely remember the other Partners show and personally think the old one was not that good. If you cancelled the new because of the old then wrong choice cause this has been the season for remakes and this one was a good one.

8. Buddy Glenn says

I noticed the same thing. The webpage is totally gone. Usually it is just the link on the show’s section. The site is still up until the last full episode is expired. This time, goodbye show. Who are you? I didn’t know about the People’s ballot.

9. Ellen Lewis says

WHY WOULD YOU CANCEL THIS SHOW!!?? Finally a show to enjoy without the stress of blood and guts in every scene, just a great cast with alot of humor and fun. Do they even consider this at CBS? This show was terrific and hopefully some more intelligent network will pick it up. PARTNERS fit right in with all the Monday night lineup, good writing and characters-give a show a chance! And why gone so fast? Seems like there might be a story here…what happened? Come on CBS-bring PARTNERS back!