The characters on Partners have to work to get along but the cast and crew may be out of work if the ratings don’t improve. Even good TV shows are cancelled if they have low ratings.
What can you do? Remember, the ideal scenario for CBS is for many millions of people to watch the show on their television sets, while it’s being broadcast. Unfortunately, ratings are put together based on a sampling of viewers. If you’re a “Nielsen household,” your viewing is being counted. If not, well, it’s not.
However, if you like Partners and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- If you’re a Nielsen family, watch the show whenever it’s on. If not, watch it on CBS.com or purchase episodes online so your viewing will be counted directly. Encourage others to watch the show. You might know a Nielsen family and not be aware of it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show that you’re invested in gets other people interested and might help bring former viewers back.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can use this form or, even better, write via “snail-mail” immediately to: Ms. Nina Tassler, CBS, 7800 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90039, RE: Partners
- Take note of the products that are advertised during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To CBS, KoMut Entertainment, and Warner Bros. Television:
We, the undersigned, enjoy watching Partners on CBS. The characters are likable and the situations are funny yet heartfelt. They keep us wanting to coming back week after week and we care about what happens on the show.
Please find a way to keep Partners on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on CBS or, if necessary, on another channel. If that isn’t possible, please find a way to wrap up the show.
Thank you for your consideration.