Passions: DirecTV Soap to Be Available Online?

Eric Martsolf on PassionsFans of NBC’s Passions were understandably upset last January when the network announced that the steamy soap had been cancelled. A few months later, satellite provider DirecTV stepped in to “save the day” and made a deal to produce Passions for their exclusive Channel 101.

Unfortunately, many fans can’t subscribe to DirecTV due to economics or a variety of other reasons. When Passions leaves NBC on September 7th, there’ll be no way for them to follow the adventures of their favorite Harmony residents. Or will there?

Last night, DirecTV hosted the first of four half-hour shows called Passions LIVE!. Castmember Eric Martsolf (Ethan) hosted the program, chatted with Juliet Mills (Tabitha) and Heidi Mueller (Kay), and answered fans’ questions.

After the show, Eric spent about 10 minutes online with viewers. One fan asked if Passions would be available online. Martsolf responded, “DirectTV knows that you guys want to watch it online so they’re taking steps and they’re making efforts to make sure that it is broadcast online very, very soon.” (You can hear it for yourself at the 4:45 mark.)

This certainly doesn’t qualify as an official announcement about online viewing but it does gives hope that there’s some action going on behind the scenes. Though production of the show will ultimately be funded by subscriber revenue, DirecTV knows that everyone can’t subscribe. Hopefully, the number of people who have subscribed will be enough to make the venture worth their investment and keep the soap going for years to come – both via Channel 101 and online.

We’ll keep you posted on any new developments so stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Jahira October 12, 2007 at 12:18 am

HEY I’AM A BIG FAN OF PASSIONS MY BOYFRIEND EVEN LIKES TOO. HE BUMMED OUT WHEN PASSIONS WENT OF AIR. ME ASWELL SO PLEASE PUT PASASIONS ONLINE AT LEAST SO TRUE FANS COULD STILL SEE IT.

Dre September 30, 2007 at 8:32 pm

I still dont know why NBC moved it. I had a little fix on Jet Blue last week and it came on!!!! I use to look at that and All My Children! Since thats not on I have lost intrest in All My Childern also!!! I really do miss it!!!!

chandra kaster gillette wyoming September 27, 2007 at 12:50 pm

I really do miss watching Passions it was the only show that I watch everyday. Ihave 5 children and don’t have alot of time. Please make it available for everyone I would pay to watch it on the enternet.
Chandra

zara September 27, 2007 at 12:17 pm

I can not get direct tv.
passion was my english class.
I enjoyed it and I learned english with passion.
I will miss it and I will look for it online.

bye

ROXY September 26, 2007 at 2:05 pm

PLEASE- PLEASE- PLEASE -PLEASE- PLEASE – PUT Passions– ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like crying!!!! My heart is broken!!!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! I have watched it since Junior year!!!!! I am now married w/ a son- i am 24 years old— and still a huge fan!!! I can’t and don’t have access to Direct T.V…. Please put online!!! i will watch everyday- i promise!!! i’ll even make a contract to swear i’ll never miss an episode!!!!!!!!!!!!

bern September 25, 2007 at 8:48 pm

The survey taken to see if people had switched to direct tv should tell the writers and producers one big important tid-bit of information…..80 percent WILL NOT switch to direct tv. You have lost a devoted audience. Numbers do not lie. Find a way for people to keep enjoying this show. Unfortunately if nothing is done, these wonderful actors will be looking for new jobs.

kristi September 25, 2007 at 12:58 pm

I have been watching passions sens middle school this is depresing please send me info about how to watch passion online i cant affored directv.

Teresa September 25, 2007 at 11:24 am

where did Passion go I live
in St Louis , and my channel 4 CBS is not running it
I can’t get direct in my
appartment. in dire need to watch it

noemi September 24, 2007 at 2:51 pm

hey i want my passions back, i cant believe they moved it to direct tv where i live you cant put up satalite dishes plus the only time i watch tv is to watch my soaps please find a way we can still tune in like the internet..

CAMILLA September 21, 2007 at 7:58 pm

PLEASE PUT PASSIONS ONLINE BECAUSE I JUST HAVE TO WATCH IT. FOR ME TO GET DIRECTV I AM GONNA HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL LIKE NEXT YEAR OR SOMETHING. I CANNOT WAIT THAT LONG. I HOPE ERIC WAS RIGHT WHEN HE SAID THEY WERE GOIN TO PUT IT LINE.

sky September 21, 2007 at 12:51 pm

Please get passions on-line.
I would pay up to $10 a month if I could watch it on-line.
I can not get direct-TV.
PLEASE PUT ON-LINE. SOON..THANK YOU THANK YOU

Jessica W. September 21, 2007 at 10:11 am

you have to put passions on the internet! please! its driving me crazy not knowing whats going on right now. unfortunatly i cant get direct tv because im not the one in control the tv. im not the homeowner. so please please please post passions online!

Rita Carol Burks September 21, 2007 at 5:40 am

Is Vincent ever going to forgive his mother and father
and start acting like a real son? can’t he see that he is killing his mother and Julian thinks that Vincent is dead, now he has to come to the realization that his other son “Fox” is dead. Will the man ever get a break? Will allister ever be brought down to justice? and Fancy will she ever go to the hospital and find out that her viscious grandfather has be treating her like a robot?

carole September 20, 2007 at 5:00 pm

please put passion on

ROSE September 20, 2007 at 2:03 pm

I also agree with everyones comments,and I miss Passions very much.I too am waiting for it to be online and hopefully that will be soon;but if not,maybe one of these days I can afford Direct TV.ROSE