Passions

Passions Network: NBC, DirecTV
Episodes: 2,231 (hour), nine seasons

Show dates:
July 5, 1999 — August 7, 2008
Show status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Chrystee Pharris, Heidi Mueller, Lindsay Hartley, Eric Martsolf, Galen Gering, Emily Harper, Christopher Maleki, McKenzie Westmore, Justin Carroll, Masters, Huber, Eva Tamargo, Juliet Mills, Tracey Ross, Mark Cameron Wystrach, James Hyde, Dylan Fergus, Brook Kerr, Adrian Bellani, Marianne Muellerleile, Charles Divins, Kim Johnston Ulrich, Nicole Cox, Andrea Evans, Phillip Jeanmarie, Silvana Arias, Erin Cardillo, Melinda Sward, Brandi Burkhardt, Shires, James Stevenson, Danica Stewart, Hannia Guillen, Kam Heskin, Cathy Doe, John Reilly, Sky McDougall, Adrian Wilson, Harrison Young, Daphne Duplaix, Jill Remez, Roark Critchlow, Amy Castle, Blair Redford, and Kathleen Noone.

past TV show

Series Description:
A campy soap opera that initially centered around horror-oriented themes like witches, warlocks and doorways to Hell. In later years, the soap has shifted to include more of the typical romantic storylines with some supernatural elements. Stories take place in the fictional New England town of Harmony and follows members of the Crane, Lopez-Fitzgerald, Bennett, and Winthrop families.
space

Series Finale

Episode 2,231
It looks like the evil-doings of Gwen (Liza Huber) are finally going to be exposed and Ethan (Eric Martsolf) and Theresa (Lindsay Hartley) will finally be together. Unfortunately, their happiness will be short-lived because Harmony’s long-dormant volcano is about to erupt and will destroy all of the town and its residents. Their one hope is for Tabitha (Juliet Mills) to agree to be baptized and forsake her evil ways forever.
Read a detailed synopsis here and here.
First aired: August 7, 2008.

space

What happened next?

There hasn’t been any news of any plans for a reunion or revival.

space

Behind the Scenes

space
Passions was cancelled by NBC in January 2007 because of low ratings. DirecTV made a special arrangement to fund production of the soap and began airing it exclusively in the Fall of 2007, hoping that fans would be willing to subscribe to the satellite TV service or to pay an online subscription fee. Unfortunately, the deal didn’t work out as well as expected and DirecTV pulled the plug in December 2007. Execs tried to find another outlet for the soap but were ultimately unsuccessful.
space
The series finale of Passions was filmed in March 2008. Many props and costumes were auctioned off in August 2008 with the proceeds benefiting charities through the Entertainment Industry Foundation.
space

space

scolar April 7, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I really miss the soap,it was one of a kind .Those of us who are SOAP lovers might know exactly what i am going through.Well , upon learning that i will never see Ethan,Therese,Rebeca(annoying as she was)Julian( the world’s biggest fool),Theresa(ever gulliable)only to mention a few i got torn apart.I miss it all-the lies,betrayal,superstition,passion.Oh my God,it was out of this world.I was in love with the Soap.I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the cast who made the soap a success-thank you

mbali April 6, 2011 at 12:06 am

i was da one supporters of passions,i was broke when it cancelled.we really miss dis series.

NATASHA PIERRE May 10, 2009 at 3:27 pm

why was passion being cancel i love watching passion everyday me and my cousin like passion passion was my favorite tv soap opera please bring it back to regular cable tv my name is natasha pierre my cell phone is 203-4242-9775 bring all the casted back

K. Kennedy April 22, 2009 at 11:50 am

I think that Passions is the best soap I have ever watched. I have been a fan since 2005 and it has never failed to provide me with entertainment. If you cancel it, I will never watch NBC again.

Gary March 5, 2009 at 10:30 pm

I loved Passions and followed it from day one until the very end. However, I have also been a DirecTV subscriber since 2005. Although I understand that unless someone were a diehard fan, few might have felt it was worth the cost of DirecTV just to follow a soap opera to another network. Again, I LOVED this show. But I can see how its remarketing resulted in it’s ultimate failure. I hope that someday one of the smaller cable channels might consider breathing new life into Passions on a more easily accessible (no extra cost) cable channel. In the meantime, I’ll continue to breath in and breath out. //Gary

yvonne February 14, 2009 at 11:16 am

Please bring Passion back That was one of my best shows ever, even though it was a littlle crazy at times. That’s what maid the show like it was.

Shasta February 9, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Please bring Passions back! That was my favorite show.. I liked it because it wasn’t like any other soaps, I dont watch any other soaps because I dont like them! I miss Passions, it was the best!

Samantha January 29, 2009 at 7:18 pm

It was time for passions to go.Time for the Actors/Actresses to move on to do movies/sitcoms

Anonymous December 31, 2008 at 5:29 am

I WANT PASSIONS FUKIN BACK NOW PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IS BETER THAN BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL PLEASE ITS BETER THAN REAL TV WE NEED IT FUKIN BACK NOW YOL SAVED ENOUGH MONEY DONT USE THAT MUCH MONEY LET IT END PLEASE.

lisa December 3, 2008 at 12:54 pm

I have been watching passions since the 1st day it came on air. I was very upset when it went off reg t.v. air. I will miss the show very much. Passions was different from all the other soaps, and thats what I loved about it. I hope the next one will match. I wish all the cast members the best.

essay November 16, 2008 at 1:12 pm

please come back on your first channel.

Mia August 14, 2008 at 8:21 pm

Wow, I was wondering what ever happened to my favorite soap. I am truly disappointed it has been canceled. Direct TV service is not that great in my area and goes out at the slightest bit of rain, wind, or snow. It was a great show. America wasn’t ready for an inter-racial relationship as main characters. It’s a shame. Hopefully we’ll get to see the stars in other roles.

sonja August 13, 2008 at 9:17 pm

I WILL MISS PASSIONS VERY MUCH , I RECORDS IT EVERY DAY IT’S CAME ON ,I WERE VERY UPSET WHEN IT WENT TO THREE DAYS A WEEK. I TRUELY GOING TO MISS PASSION I LIVED FOR IT OVER THE YEARS .IF THERE IS ANYWAY THERE CAN BE ANOTHER SOAP COMES UP, LET THE CASTS FROM PASSIONS BE IN IT . I WILL LOVE TO SEE ( THERESA ) LINDSAY HARTLEY AND (ETHAN ) ERIC MARTSOLF HAVE A STORY LINE TOGETHER AS AN COUPLE LIKE MY OTHER SOAP I LOVE TO WATCH DAYS OF LIVES BO AND HOPE. I LOVE YOU PASSION HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU IN ANOTHER STORYLINE. SONJA

joanna August 12, 2008 at 10:19 am

I will miss passions so much. Looked forward to it each day. I did not get to see the last show. Had an appt. Saw it on Utube later. Is there a way to get a copy of the last show? Joanna

rita August 11, 2008 at 5:26 pm

i was so bored today not being able to watch passions it was such a greta show i miss it already so much i didnt even cut on my tv today that was the best show in history please bring it back wonderful actors I felt like i lot a family. passions rocks love did so much i,m hoping someone will find a way to bring it back to us fans it was so awesome sorry but days is getting so boring passion passion bets soap>i love you passions and cast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!