Paula Zahn Now: CNN to Cancel News Show

Paula ZahnWord has come down that CNN is planning to cancel its low-rated news show Paula Zahn Now. Up against Fox News and MSNBC in the very competitive 8pm timeslot, the show often came in third place in total viewers.

Newswoman Zahn has been with the network since September 11, 2001 when she joined anchor Aaron Brown to covering the tragic events of that day. She then hosted a morning program entitled American Morning with Paula Zahn and began hosting Paula Zahn Now in September 2003.

CNN is reportedly trying to woo Weekend Today’s co-anchor Campbell Brown away from NBC to fill the slot. Zahn is expected to leave CNN in the fall when her contract runs out. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

22 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Audrey says

We are very disappointed that Paula Zahn’s show is still not on. She is very informative, intelligent, respectful and personable. She had a special show and is very difficult to replace!

2. Abdul says

Too bad CNN why didn’t you keep Paula? Sometimes you should ask for the viewers opinion. She is very smart and pretty too. I miss her news!!

3. says

Once again you have chosen to replace Paula Zahn and give us some young handsome conceited idiot to bring us unworthy news……are you so interested in young faces and not intelligence that you have given us the likes of Anderson Cooper, and Sanchez and let Paula Zahn and Aaron Brown who were the most influential, intelligent journalists and the only reason I ever watched CNN. You are not going utube but down the tubes and I will never watch any news or your station whatsoever, you have lost your integrity!

4. Chris says

Paula Zahn’s show was excellent. She was intelligent, professional, articulate and personable. Whoever decided to cancel her show should be fired themselves. I won’t be watching her replacement.

5. Linda Arndt says

I can’t believe that Paula Zahn is not on CNN anymore. Rick Sanchez comes across as brass and too aggressive. Paula’s show was classy and professional. She seems very intelligent. I won’t watch 8PM on CNN if you keep Rick Sanchez on. Bring Paula back.

6. Dennis A. Fletcher says

I cannot really believe that Paula Zahn Now has been replaced by some slick, fast talking, full of himself idiot who comes across as overbearing and impatient with himself, his guests and his audience. Paula is a class act and I trust CNN will reconsider such a stupid move and at least find her a suitable role ASAP. I detest that guy so much that I now find myself (horrors) watching Bill ‘O'(yuck).

7. Gail Livingston says

I am outraged that such a classy, smart show as Paula Zahn has summarily been taken off the air. I don’t like this new hunk Cnn has on. He’s full of bunk. I want Paula back NOW. or I WILL switch channels. what are you thinking?

8. A Bewley says

I am a big fan of Paula and was very sad to hear that she would not be continuing her show. She is always so sincere and real. She is a class act. It is a big loss for CNN.

9. Maria says

I enjoy watching Paula. She is intelligent, respectful and very pretty.
    I watch it almost every night. What program will they have in her place?
    Thank you.
    Maria

10. Salley M. Osborn says

I think Paula Zahn is terrific, and I enjoy watching her news program every night at 8pm. She is classy, smart, and intelligent. Lately she has been replaced by the usual, fast talking hot shot (not so hot) male we see too much of. Bring Paula Zahn back!