Perception: Eric McCormack Show Gets Third Season

PERCEPTION season threeTNT has ordered a third season of Perception, their crime drama that stars Eric McCormack and Rachael Leigh Cook.

Season two of Perception is still airing and has been averaging 3.49 million viewers each week. That’s down from last season’s average of 4.24 million. The sophomore series is still one of the cable channel’s biggest draws.

Perception will end its summer run on August 27th and then season two will return in early 2014. The 15 episodes that TNT has ordered for season three will launch in Summer 2014.

TNT has also renewed Major Crimes for a third season and Rizzoli & Isles will be back for a fifth season. The fates of Franklin & Bash and King & Maxwell are still uncertain.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Perception? Are you looking forward to the new episodes in 2014? What would you like to see happen next year?

Elaine April 28, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Love this show. Make sure you advertise when it’s going to start the new season!

Dar April 13, 2014 at 9:00 am

Love the show. the plots and acting keep me truly engaged and longing for the show to go on for TWO hours!! Keep ‘em coming TNT!

Billy Sheppard March 19, 2014 at 12:06 pm

“The sophmore series is still one of the cable channel’s biggest draws.”

A sophomoric error. Glad the shows doing well. I’m a fan.

Diane March 19, 2014 at 9:54 am

I love…..LOVE this show!!! Wish there was more episodes per season!!!!!!!! PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THIS GREAT SHOW!!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

Pam March 19, 2014 at 1:57 am

Perception is great! Honest and intelligent.

Pam March 19, 2014 at 1:56 am

Love Perception , do not take it away, it is freshly intelligent and honest!

bob and victoria January 4, 2014 at 8:42 pm

We love perception and the cast bring it back pleasèeeèeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

M.J. Anderson November 30, 2013 at 3:56 pm

LOVE this show. Why has Eric McCormack not been nominated for an Emmy???
He is teriffic! I can hardly wait for the next season. Perception AND Rizolli & Isles -
what a PERFECT TV evening!

Patricia B October 25, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I love this show. I continue to search and unable to locate re runs. I even got my husband interested in the show. Really hard to wait for season 3.

valerie October 20, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I love this show. It’s funny, quirky, intelligent, and interesting. It’s also a different premise from other crime shows , Eric McCormacks’ acting is brilliant, his character Dr. Pierce is full and well developed, the other characters are also well developed and a good foil for Dr. Pierce

b heimlich September 29, 2013 at 4:08 pm

my husband and both love the show
eric has done a great job playing such a difficult character

Barbara September 17, 2013 at 9:45 am

This show is smart, interesting and thinks outside the box. It is not as predictable as other shows and the character connections are flawless. Hope you will try to keep it going.

Lovely Lola September 14, 2013 at 10:34 am

Much as I loved Will & Grace, and I LOVED that show for many reasons, Dr. Pierce is so much more interesting a character and person, and what is happening to him has so many more levels. May this show run as long as the people on this great team are happy to be doing it. Eric has taken his craft to a whole new level. And Rachael is a joy to watch performing.

Jess August 18, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I love watching this show! I hope they keep making it! It’s very clever and right up my alley, being a psychology major. :)

Gaia Di Lorenzo August 16, 2013 at 4:41 pm

yeeesssssssssssssss yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! I’ll be a fan till death! I’d like 10 seasons!!!