Perception: Season Three Ratings

Perception TV show on TNT ratingsLast year, viewership for Perception dropped 28% when compared to the first season’s ratings. Will the numbers continue to fall, hold steady, or grow? Will this TNT TV show be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned!

Perception follows Doctor Daniel Pierce (Eric McCormack), a talented and schizophrenic neuropsychiatrist, as he assists his former student, FBI Special Agent Kate Moretti (Rachael Leigh Cook), solve complex cases. Other castmembers include Kelly Rowan, Arjay Smith, LeVar Burton, and Scott Wolf.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

For comparisons: Season two of Perception averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.06 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Perception TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Melissa August 29, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I absolutely LOVE the premise around Daniel’s disability and the fact that he’s a professor and can “function” (with some assistance). He is a wonderful actor… As well as Lewiki, but for some reason the Kate/Donny thing seems to be taking away something from the interest of the audience I believe. Perhaps it’s time for them to happily go away and introduce a replacement for Kate (another female, blonde of course like his delusion (I’ve forgotten her name)). Then get back that “closeness” that he and Kate shared. I personally feel this is a big part of why the ratings are going down. The viewers want Daniel to be happy and the “girl got away” so to speak. I really hope that the writers can change things up a bit and maybe salvage the show for at least another season or 2. :: Hopes for the best :: <3

Paula August 26, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Please do not cancel Perception! It is one of the better shows out and certainly one of the more intelligent, informative, and entertaining. Great cast, great series. Please don’t let it go!!!@

Natalya August 22, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Give it another chance! I know it can do better!

Heather August 22, 2014 at 7:40 pm

If this show gets cancelled, I’d probably spend two weeks, crying my eyes out. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dashia August 20, 2014 at 11:08 pm

This show is so great there’s no need to cancel it !! Really love this show. He’s such a great actor and so are the other , don’t know why some like the boring shows rather than the interesting shows ?? This is a very great show …..:) :)

Marilee Greene August 19, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Please do NOT cancel. It is one of my favorite shows. It beats a lot of the main network shows. Interesting plot line.

Nat August 9, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Just watched the first season, absolutely brilliant. Especially enjoyed episode five called Messenger. I hope the other seasons are just as good.

Carole August 3, 2014 at 10:35 am

love love love this show.

Tom Paine July 25, 2014 at 1:01 am

Episode 03-06:

You gotta be *******’ me.

“My BABEEEEEEE”….fer chrisssake….

Where is Sally Struthers when you really need her?

I knew this was getting soapy when Barbie and Ken’s relationship started interfering with a MYSTERY DRAMA.

But, holy shit !

How lazy can writers get…to have a kidnapping ?

Next will be a HOSTAGE……or maybe a TICKING BOMB.

Hire some REAL writers, or lose all the audience.

Douglas C. Meeks July 17, 2014 at 5:36 pm

I stumbled onto this series quite by accident and watched the first two season in a bit of a marathon over 3-4 days. While the premise and the actors did a exceptional job the writers need to rein in their “pet causes” if they want to attract as many viewers as they polarize. I know the “Hollywood” mentality is to be edgy but only my real enjoyment of the show allowed to to continue to watch it in some instances. I review books as a hobby and rule #1 in reading for entertainment is “Never talk about politics, religion, or pet causes” and this program has done each one and done it in a insulting manner in most instances. Gee, wonder why it lost so many viewers as the show went along?? You have an amazingly great and unique premise, great actors and all you have to do is get writers that can keep their politics, religion (or dislike thereof) and pet causes to them selves but whoever is producing this show obviously has no control over the writers. I am going to keep watching this as long as it is on the air but I fear that it may be shorter than I would like due to insulting storylines.

In all fairness it does seem to be lightening up on those type story lines in Season 3, I can only hope for a good producer who really is in charge.

nemo f July 18, 2014 at 2:25 am

watched a couple of episodes in year one and stopped because I couldn’t stand the overbearing sanctimonious self righteousness even with the pet causes I supported. Tried to watch last week and turned it off. Based on the poor ratings I guess I’m not alone.

Douglas C. Meeks July 18, 2014 at 9:11 am

I know more than one person who felt like the show presented a “if you don’t agree you are ignorant/stupid/etc” and refused to watch it after some insulting storyline. I hate this because it really is a great program but the writers are killing it slowly but as I said before it seems to be getting out of the hotbutton political type issues and more into things like health issues (mental and other) but it may have already offended so many people it can’t recover since lot of folks (like you) will not recommend it to anyone for good reason. I seldom watch TV at all, I read a LOT of things and when I see a show keep popping up in forums and such I tend to check them out and buy a subscription from Amazon (or watch on Netflix if possible) so if people are not out there pushing a show there is usually a good reason.

Anonymous July 24, 2014 at 2:59 am

Hahahahahahahaha, Hollywood, edgy, hahahahahahaha, you’re funny.

Douglas C. Meeks July 24, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Uh, and you are not ….

Jennifer July 11, 2014 at 3:47 pm

This show is like Longmire to me: one that I look forward to every week and will not miss for anything.

I know there is a lot of dislike for Scott Wolf in the online fan community but I don’t have a problem with the ex-husband coming back. If anything, I think him being around for a while could do even more for the friendship between Daniel and Kate. If Donnie falters in their relationship again, I’m sure Daniel might have an analysis or two about him. lol I see Donnie as a way to cause trouble down the line. He’s a plot point and doesn’t really distract from my main interest of Daniel in the least.

Gaia July 11, 2014 at 3:42 am

great show! Please renew

Mark June 26, 2014 at 10:17 pm

I started to lose interest towards the back end of seson 2 and this season is worse, I’m afraid.
Don’t know if it’s the introduction of the ex husband or the fact that the 2 main characters aren’t really partners any more that’s the most significant issue, but the charm has definitely gone.

Rose June 26, 2014 at 9:29 am

The season is off to a great start…. I love this show.

Barbara June 25, 2014 at 9:41 pm

GREAT SERIES…..VERY ENTERTAINING AND WELL DONE…..