Perception

TNT TV series PerceptionNetwork: TNT
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: July 9, 2012 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Eric McCormack, Rachael Leigh Cook, Arjay Smith, Kelly Rowan, and LeVar Burton.

past TV show

TV show description:
This TV show revolves around Doctor Daniel Pierce (Eric McCormack), an eccentric and brilliant neuroscience professor. Unfortunately, his mind is also damaged and he suffers from paranoid schizophrenia.

Pierce struggles with hallucinations and paranoid delusions brought on by his schizophrenia. Oddly though, he considers some of his hallucinations to be a gift. They occasionally allow him to make connections that his conscious mind can’t yet process. At other times, the hallucinations become Pierce’s greatest curse, leading him to behave in irrational, potentially dangerous ways.

Still, he’s recruited by FBI agent Kate Moretti (Rachael Leigh Cook) to help solve complex cases. Pierce has an intimate knowledge of human behavior and a masterful understanding of the way the mind works. He also has an uncanny ability to see patterns and can look past people’s conscious emotions to see what lies beneath. Kate is Pierce’s former student and, unlike her colleagues, she’s willing to look past his peculiarities.

Pierce’s mental condition and offbeat manner make it difficult for him to achieve the close friendships and intimate relationships he craves.

Those close to him include Max Lewicki (Arjay Smith), his teaching assistant. Max’s primary job is to keep Pierce in line and on task, whether that means grading midterms or laying out his boss’ wardrobe for the day. Natalie Vincent (Kelly Rowan) is Pierce’s best friend and every bit his intellectual equal. Paul Haley (LeVar Burton) is the dean at Pierce’s university and one of his few friends.

Pierce is in his element when solving an intricate puzzle or a coded message. But in unfamiliar situations, he can quickly become overwhelmed, and only his favorite music and a crossword puzzle have the power to make things right again.
space

Series Finale

Episode –
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: –

space

What do you think? Do you like the Perception TV series? How long do you think it should continue?

Darcy March 23, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I love this show…don’t cancel…………

brooksam March 13, 2013 at 8:14 pm

I LOVE this show! I love Eric McCormack and love his character. When is it coming back? I’m ready now!

Sandra February 22, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Love love the show. When will we see it back in 2013.

Terri February 18, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Great show and very different from other shows. We are so swamped with so many stupid reality shows that we need something better to watch. Mental illness is such a devastating thing that it is nice to see how they portray it as sometimes helping him and that he can still have a support system even though it is just a show.
DONT CANCEL!….besides Eric McCormick is great looking!!!! :-)

Laura February 18, 2013 at 7:45 am

This show is ridiculous. It’s purely obama socialist rhetoric with an eco cult terrorst side show. You’d have to be brain dead (which obama and eco cult supporters are) to not see this show for what it is. No wonder this country is in the toilet. 20 years of brainwashing by the socialist/eco terrorists with shows like this and now a terrorist as president.

Pat February 14, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I love the show, but the shows I like get cancelled also . Not enough sex and violence associated with the programs I perfer. Please don’t cancel this one, it’s a good show.

Vicki February 13, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Love this show! Impatiently waiting for a new one to start. Please do not cancel

Deb February 8, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Absolutely love this show! I certainly hope it does not get cancelled. I am not interested whatsoever in shows with vampires, werewolves and zombies. ugh. This show is so refreshing and interesting.

Anonymous February 6, 2013 at 3:40 pm

really like this show. One of the few truly watchable tv. series. It is intelligently written and very well acted. Would definitely like to see it continue.

reynf February 6, 2013 at 9:31 am

FANASTIC show. Do not cancel.

Elaine February 2, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Love the show!!!!!! Do Not Cancel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonnie January 26, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I loved Perception … always a new twist and the people were so HUMAN ! Truly tired of the fangs, etc.

Leona January 25, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I love to watch this with my husband. It doesn’t seem to be on enough.

Cynthia January 22, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Absolutely love the show. My dad had what I believe was Schizoprenia. He has passed, but the show gives to me a possible insight of what he experienced every day of his life. I wish our family could have had a better understanding of my father who was so deeply disturbed. We need to have more awareness of mental disorders even if it comes in a weekly drama show. Thanks. Please keep this fantastic and interesting show on the air!

atn January 22, 2013 at 12:15 am

Love the show, but it seems the ones I like all get cancelled.

I guess people love to watch more blood and gore.