Person of Interest: Season Three Ratings

Person of Interest season three ratingsThis season, CBS has moved Person of Interest to Tuesday nights. Will the ratings fall off as a result or will they grow because of a stronger lead-in? Let’s wait and see.

On Person of Interest, former CIA officer John Reese (Jim Caviezel) and billionaire Harold Finch (Michael Emerson) continue to work together to prevent violent crimes in the Big Apple. Taraji P. Henson, Kevin Chapman, Sarah Shahi, and Amy Acker round out the cast.

3/13 update: This show has been renewed for the 2014-15 season by CBS.

Final season averages: 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 11.82 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The second season of Person of Interest averaged a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 14.41 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Person of Interest TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fourth season?

Personally Not Interested Any More, Sadly June 3, 2014 at 4:49 pm

If a show has great popularity and critical acclaim and also extremely good ratings and viewership numbers and it makes a drastic change in the way it is presented and this modification results in less popularity, more criticism, and a decline in ratings and viewership numbers, why do the writers of the show and network executives continue to pat themselves on the back? Fans and former fans of Person of Interest have been very vocal about their displeasure regarding the direction of the show, and many threatened to stop watching the drama. The ratings for season three indicate a significant number did just that. Who at Warner Brothers and CBS does not understand the travesty of what has happened to this show? Creative license is not beneficial when it discourages viewership. Season four will continue the downward spiral of Person of Interest failings. Those in charge, who are pleased with this evolution, should be replaced.

Melly W June 2, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I loved Person of Interest from the start. However, I do not like the direction the show has been going in the last year. I don’t like that Carter was killed and that another machine was bought into the picture. Couldn’t they just remain getting numbers and helping people – the original premise of the show? Where could they possibly go with this season’s ending?

Mary June 1, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I used to watch CBS religiously. Then Person of Interest pulled the horrible “bait and switch,” and the writers of the show exhibited their true colors and I just got totally turned off. Now, I do not feel comfortable watching any CBS programming because I do not feel valued as a consumer or a customer. I will never forget the smugness and cavalier attitudes of Jonah Nolan and Greg Plageman when they crassly explained their purposeful intent to exact PAIN on their viewers when they brutally murdered the character of Joss Carter. Fine. Feelings go both ways. This former Person of Interest fan wants absolutely nothing to do with the show, the writers or any sponsors associated with the show. Nina Tassler should be fired or resign from CBS for being so gullible. Maybe she thinks the definable decline in ratings and viewership is a g0od thing, but she is wrong about that just as she is mistaken about the direction of the drama. Thank goodness for The Blackilist and 24: Live Another Day. Just watch those season 4 ratings for Person of Interest decline even more.

wynnonna pirsick May 31, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Wonder why the ratings for Person of Interest went South? Were there that many Joss Carter fans? Something had to happen to make this show so much less popular.

Jo Floyd May 29, 2014 at 7:26 pm

PLEASE renew this show. It is number one on my list of TV shows to watch. That is the only show I will NOT miss. Usually any good, decent shows are cancelled, I hope this one is the exceptin!!!

Jim Curtis May 25, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Predicting season four ratings will trend lower. There is absolutely no reason for new fans to invest in the show. The lack of continuation and anemic character development is a turn off. Person of Interest will continue to lose fans, rather than attract them. Also, there will be some new shows debuting in the fall and many viewers will appreciate a “fresh start” if they like sci-fi offerings, rather than continuing with a show that completely switched its original premise two and a half years into programming.

2pore SnaxAir May 25, 2014 at 4:00 am

I’m in love with this show. I hope it has a season 4 I really wish to c how finch and the team combat Samaritan now that its fully operational.

Lawrence May 23, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Really like the complexity of the show , bought all episodes thus far. Must be a renewed, characters are great. Keep the show alive, other ones are getting stale compared to this.

Jenna May 21, 2014 at 11:06 am

Person of Interest has really gotten weird. I’m done with the craziness. It used to be entertaining and has morphed into something macabre. I miss Carter too, but I’m glad she is not involved with the mess. Sorry Jim Caviezel’s talent is being wasted.

John V May 20, 2014 at 9:18 pm

The show has gotten to be too strange. I’m disappointed in the direction the show has taken. I won’t be watching it anymore.

Don C May 20, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Love the show and hope they will renew this fall. I also miss Carter.

vassarbushmills (@bushmillsvassar) May 20, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Best show on TV, bar none. Preempted the Snowden story by a year, deep…too deep for 19-30 yr old demographic, which may explain the fall off in Season 3. Very adult and philosophical, better than House of Cards, e.g. even without the sex. Season 4, from the ending of 3, will be very much worth watching, and owning for years to come. The entire cast have been developed as well as 400 pg novel

jpleban May 20, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Do not cancel POI. It is one of the best tv shows on. I love it because it’s different than any other show on tv. I like the story lines on good v. evil. It kind of reminds me of “Robin Hood”. Please, please bring back “Detective Carter”. I know you can do it! She added so much to the program.

Chrissieu May 17, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I really like Person of Interest. It has more depth to it then most of the fluff shows that are on these days. Have watched it from day one ! Please don’t take it off.

Maureen F May 17, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Keep the show!! Although I can’t imagine how the story line could go given the last episode, it will be great to see how they do it. I miss Carter.