Person of Interest, Unforgettable: CBS Shows Get Full Seasons

Unforgettable and Person of Interest TV showsThe Tiffany network has announced that they’re giving full season orders to Unforgettable and Person of Interest. The newbie dramas air on Tuesday and Thursday nights, respectively. While they are doing decently, neither show is a big hit — despite what the network may lead you to believe.

Unforgettable is currently ranking 14th out of the network’s 20 scripted series. If you take already-cancelled How to Be a Gentleman and the network’s three Friday night dramas out of the equation, Unforgettable is the third from the bottom, beating only CSI: Miami and The Good Wife.

Doing a bit better, Person of Interest ranks 12th on the list of CBS’ 20 scripted fall shows. It’s usually in third place in its timeslot though and last year, CBS was doing significantly better with CSI at 9pm.

For the good news, here’s the CBS press release:

CBS GIVES FULL SEASON ORDERS TO TELEVISION’S #1 AND #2 NEW DRAMAS – “UNFORGETTABLE” AND “PERSON OF INTEREST”

CBS has given full season orders to the season’s top two freshman dramas – UNFORGETTABLE and PERSON OF INTEREST.

UNFORGETTABLE, the season’s #1 new drama in viewers, is averaging 14.00 million viewers, 4.2/10 in adults 25-54 and 3.0/08 in adults 18-49. UNFORGETTABLE has improved the Tuesday (10:00-11:00 PM) time period by +3% in both viewers and adults 18-49 and by +5% in adults 25-54 versus last season. UNFORGETTABLE wins its time period in all key ratings measures.

PERSON OF INTEREST, the #2 new drama in viewers, is averaging 13.97 million viewers, 4.6/11 in adults 25-54 and 3.3/08 in adults 18-49 in its Thursday (9:00-10:00 PM) time period.

UNFORGETTABLE stars Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya. Carl Beverly, Sarah Timberman and Ed Redlich are executive producers for Sony Television Studios in association with CBS Television Studios.

PERSON OF INTEREST stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman. J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk, Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman are executive producers for Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

What do you think? Are you glad that these shows have been given full seasons? Do you like one or both of them? Which is stronger?

Joe May 30, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I love both these shows . I wish the ones i like would not get canned. Thats so sad. Take care and god bless

Doris Malloy May 19, 2012 at 4:38 am

I love both shows and hope they will both be renewed.

Jorge May 17, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Absoultely is the best show, is great, show Person of Interest may be nomine, is like to see Jason Bourne, Oh man I like……………………

Sharon May 9, 2012 at 9:25 am

I like both of these shows. I hope they are renewed.

Melinda May 1, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I dvr the shows I like and watch them on my days off. These are two of my new favorites. A couple other shows I like are Blue Bloods, NCIS, NCIS LA and Couger Town.

Lisa March 13, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I haven’t been able to watch a full episode of Person of Interest, strictly because of that “silly” box that floats around the screen, pointing the obvious person of interest out. duh. it’s rather annoying.

Lisa March 13, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Unforgettable is awesome. insightful. what a concept. Mary-Lou Henner’s life story. who knew. i love every minute of it. the one show i actually can’t wait to see.

judy criswell March 1, 2012 at 7:41 pm

The only show I bother to watch regularly is Person of Interest. I will be extremely disappointed if this show is not renewed for another season. It is totally captivating. You never know how it is going to end, and it keeps you spellbound right until the very end. Jim Caviezel is awesome and the intricate plots are captivating. Needs to stay on!

patti smith February 25, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Ilove persons of interest, this show needs to stay on. Iget excited every thursday night. something to look forward to and we need something to look forward to these days. it is awsome

Robert January 20, 2012 at 8:24 am

I look forward to both nights for Person of Intrest & Unforgettable. Person of Intrest if by far my favorite, Jim Caviezel is a very dynamic actor. I have evjoyed every movie and show he has ever done. He played a great part in the movie Angel Eyes and I remember him in Frequency as well.
I also enjoy Unforgettable with Poppy Montgomery whom I remember in the series called Without a Trace where she played an FBI agent. I like the way she is able to see a crime scene once and is able to go back as many times as she has to to gather more information.
I am really glad that Person of Intrest and Unforgettable have been picked up for a full season and I hope and look forward to seeing many more episodes of both shows.

shon December 22, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Person of intrest is a Great Show. I work late late and I like coming home and having an awsome show to watch. Heck I close down my office early on thursdays.

Donna December 18, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I love both Person of Interest and Unforgettable and am glad that CBS has ordered full season episodes for both!!

Tina November 5, 2011 at 8:54 am

I love Person of Intrest! Its my new favorite show, I understand the lower than expected ratings its goes up against ALOT of popular shows, Greys Anatomy, Bones, Vampire Diaries… I hope it sticks around!!! Definitly a keeper!

Ingrid November 4, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I am glad that Person of Interest will be saved I absolutely love that show – what I like is that it does not have a predictable ending – it is a refreshing show and I hope the do their best to keep it because I sure am by talking about it at work I have gotten others to start watching it\.

Sarah November 4, 2011 at 10:29 am

Love Person of Interest!!!! The best new show of all the networks! Last nights show was incredible….no one I talked to saw the end coming! Great twists—–great actors!