Person of Interest

Person of Interest TV showNetwork: CBS
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 22, 2011 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson, and Kevin Chapman.

TV show description:
This crime drama follows a presumed dead former-CIA agent named John Reese (Jim Caviezel) who teams up with a mysterious billionaire, Mr. Finch (Michael Emerson), who’s also believed to be dead. Their goal is to to prevent violent crimes by using technology and their own brand of vigilante justice.

Finch is a software genius who has invented a program that uses pattern recognition to identify people who are about to be involved in violent crimes — either the victim or the perpetrator. It was originally built for the government to prevent another 9/11 disaster but found that it was predicting less catastrophic, “irrelevant” crimes. Finch built a “backdoor” into the machine so that, before erasing the “irrelevant” data each night, Finch is sent the social security number of a person about to be involved in a serious crime.

Finch recruits Reese because of his special training in covert operations. Using their combined skills, resources and advanced surveillance technology, they work outside of the law to identify “persons of interest” and stop crimes before they occur.

Reese’s actions draw the attention of the NYPD — including homicide detectives Carter (Taraji P. Henson) and Fusco (Kevin Chapman). The latter is a corrupt cop and Reese blackmails him into being a source of information inside the department.

With infinite crimes to investigate, Reese and Finch find that locating the right person, with the right information, at the right time, can change everything.

Canceled and renewed TV show

50 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ron K says

CBS, do you wonder why I only watch your network and not NBC and/or ABC?
    It’s because of NCIS and Person of Interest!
    PoI is a thinking man’s show and not some mindless dribble non-real reality show!

Take is off and lose one viewer!!

2. Micky T. says

MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!! When the “background” music drowns out the
    actors voices…. it AIN’T background anymore!! It’s a music station!!
    PLEASE… tone it down!!

3. Frank G Corner says

A Person of interest is my favorite show on TV. Sorry to see Sarah go, she was superb. To cancel this show will make me feel that the average American is a moron. FGC

• Laura says

couldn’t agree with you more frank long live Poi. America will watch these stupid reality shows that makes no sense instead that’s what makes them morons.

4. captain DeRego says

CBS
    I PRAY YOU DO NOT CANCEL PERSON OF INTEREST. IT IS ONE OF THE FEW PROGRAMS THAT I LOVE WATCHING.
    PERHAPS FOX WILL PICK UP THAT PROGRAMMING AND CBS CAN GO OFF OVER THE HORIZON.
    SINCERELY, C. DEREGO

• Laura says

I googled POI asking if there was any news on the renewal. One stated that a crew member said it was renewed for 2015-2016 season. CBS had no comment. I sooooooooooooooo wish it’s true. Love the show especially Jim C. He a great actor. If you ever saw any of his movies, you would know it already. Long live POI.

5. Laura says

love love love the show even the repeats a good if you haven’t watched it from the beginning you might look up from your cable company if they have it available I know mine does first second third and forth season might be a charge

6. Frank G Corner says

I just love this show it has over shadowed NCIS for me. I particularly like the performance of Sara Shahi She is also gorgeous.

7. says

I absolutely love this show, this is as real as it gets. The Intel that they use on the show is presently being used every single moment in our daily lives. Look at all the Cameras that watch us daily. There is no escaping being watched. Now that ONE person is running Samaritan, you can see the Evil that is being plotted for future disasters. I find that this series with its great actors & story lines are making me Think & Be aware & as time goes by, be prepared… Thank you for this great series.

8. Tiger says

I grew up a couple houses away from “Jimmy” Caviezel and his family. They were the best. A large Catholic family with wonderful parents. Back in the day‚Ķ.. Keep it up Jimmy, we’re watching from home.

9. Michelle says

Note – to any other Jim Caviezel (Reese) fans out there, I thoroughly
    recommend the movie ‘Frequency’ – it is fantastic with a brilliant story line plus you get the bonus of the great Dennis Quaid in it as well! :)

10. cara says

One of my favorite shows on tv itisonmy seriesmanger list to dvr. Need more intelligent showl ike this. GET RID OF THOSE B.S. REALITY SHOWS

• says

Great show and hope it keeps going without getting too dramatic as it was designed to get the irrelevant cases and not the terrorists.
      It is good when they stay on track this show.

11. says

The show is good but can go on with a missing character.
    Bonanza went on with the Departure of Adam ( Pernell Roberts ) and also Hoss ( Dan Blocker ) as did ER with George Clooney and I guess many others.

The Mentallist has nothing to do with this show so I will not comment on that but I wish that Person of Interest show can go on as it is a great show.

12. PSW says

This is one of my few favorite shows left. If the writers would stop thinking that there has to be MORE DRAMA all the time and keep the shows fun they may have more viewers. All of the great shows they ruin by insisting on more and more drama!!! Keep them fun without being stupid for those of us over 30.

13. POI says

POI was my remedy for the loss of 24. Scandal is at the top. But I have grown to love POI; my family is also into it. We have great conversations about this season. The last few episodes have been off the chart. Last Tuesday I thought it couldn’t get any better. Then you crushed my heart; what gives with taking out Henson. I was so loving the flow of the actions; I was excited about a potential love scene……then you do what? That makes no sense. I don’t know if I could get excited about this show again unless Henson’s character is resurrected. Maybe the writers can send her to the Islands to protect her until the trial of the bad cops is commenced.

• says

This was my go to show after “24” turned the lights out. I wish the powers that be would stop thinking they need to shock viewers to keep them tuning in. First Alexis Castle goes over the top and now this. I think I need to get my library card up dated.

• Donna says

I was so upset too when Carter was killed. I really thought she would have made it and she made the show. With her being removed from this show, how can it survive? It is like the The Mentalist and now that Red John fiasco is over, what is left.