Persons Unknown: Watch the (likely) Last Episode; Are You Satisfied?

Persons UnknownLast night, NBC aired the final two episodes of their mystery-thriller series, Persons Unknown. The show revolves around a group of people who wake up in a small town and must figure out how to survive and escape. The cast includes Chadwick Boseman, Lee Purcell, Jason Wiles, Andy Greenfield, Daisy Betts, Tina Holmes, Alan Ruck, Kate Lang Johnson, Sean O’Bryan, and Gerald Kyd.

NBC waited until summer to air Persons Unknown; a time when fewer people watch television and their isn’t much competition. On Monday nights, it got very poor ratings, even for a summer show, and was consequently sent to the TV graveyard known as Saturday nights.

Remi Aubuchon, one of the show’s executive producers, has said that the show was originally envisioned to have self-contained seasons but could easily run for multiple years. Based on the ratings and their treatment of the series, it is highly unlikely that NBC will bring Persons Unknown back for a second season.

What do you think? In all likelihood, last night’s installment is the final episode. What do you think of the Persons Unknown finale? Were enough questions answered in “Shadows in the Cave” to satisfy you?

CC September 10, 2010 at 3:56 pm

I really liked this show, it is much better then other shows that still continue to be on the air. My Fiance liked it too. We would love it to come back even if it is next summer. Our taste in TV show are things like 24, Dexter, NCIS. This show was a good filler since those shows are either gone or were not on until the Fall.
Please bring it back! Also that sucked how they did not show that one episode, we got confused at first and thought TiVo messed up.

Jaime September 10, 2010 at 12:14 pm

I loved this show. I watched it every week, and can only hope that I’ll be able to see the 2nd level next season. If it had come on during the regular season, it would have had a bigger viewership. I’ve looked at the new fall line up, and it seems Thursday night is the only good night of television. Thank Goodness for Dish

Donna September 9, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Loved this show but here in New York, we did not get the season finale that was supposed to be on Saturday the 28th of August instead NBC put the New York Giants preseason game on instead. I love football but come on wanted to see the last episode after watching the whole summer.

Anonymous September 8, 2010 at 10:44 pm

I love this show please bring it back

T September 7, 2010 at 7:49 am

Please bring this show back!!! I am like all the other people that wrote except for the anonymous person who has NO idea that the last show left it like that so it CAN be brought back again for a 2nd season. Don’t be stupid NBC… BRING IT BACK!!!

T September 7, 2010 at 7:48 am

Please bring this show back!!! I am like all the other people that wrote except for the anonymous person who has NO idea that the last show left it to bring it like that so it CAN be brought back again for a 2nd season. Don’t be stupid NBC… BRING IT BACK!!!

Anonymous September 6, 2010 at 10:20 pm

It was meant to be a mini series so to speak. I watched every week and was royally pissed at the ending. I felt ripped off for watching the whole summer to come to a stupid ending like that. If I could get my time back I would.

cindy September 6, 2010 at 6:19 pm

I loved the show. I would love to see it continue.

bethany September 6, 2010 at 3:57 pm

I am so mad I loved this show me and the whole family it better come back on.

Justin Contursi September 5, 2010 at 9:34 pm

I’m glad that the networks care about know one. God for bid you have to think and actually watch people act. Does anyone understand what happened with LOST and what buzz it created. First Heroes, then Flash Forward then this, but they keep stupid reality shows like big brother and crap like that. This was a good show and I watched it every week. I don’t understand who really watches tv in the summer, so why not just keep it in the summer it’s like Friday Night Lights one of the best shows on TV it’s never gotten the credit it deserves. NBC are idiots if they don’t renew this show because if they never gave shows a chance they would have never had shows like sienfeld or cheers, which did poorly there first season dumb move nbc dumb move

Brad September 5, 2010 at 9:19 pm

How can these good shows go under and reality tv shows stay on I just don’t get it. Is there any where I can write to keep this show on.

Chris G September 5, 2010 at 5:25 pm

That show better come back on or I am going to be pissed. With all he crap that is on TV this was just about the only interesting show around. More people would watch this show if they had it on at a decent time slot (not during the summer). Hope it comes back or I am going to have a personal boycott aggainst anything on NBC. So there!!!

Bobby September 5, 2010 at 5:22 pm

This show was better than half the sh!t on television. It kept you wanting more. I looked forward to it every week. You guys gotta bring it back. It didn’t get a lot of rating cuz a lot of people don’t watch tv all that much in the summer. Do the right thing!! Get rid of all the stupid gay “jersey shores” and ” I’m a wicked hot mom that spends all my husbands money and hang with all my other I think I’m wicked hot mom friends!!” That’s the truth!!! I feel better know but you better get this sh!t rolling!!!

Carol September 5, 2010 at 7:37 am

I really loved this show! Is it cancelled? The only problem I had with the finale is that they didn’t say it was a finale (at least on OnDemand). A series like this is going to continue psychologically testing you until you realize that you are never “out” of the program. Unless you can somehow bring down the program from the inside. It is taking hazing to a new level. In a way, it is like a video game – and their group (minus Joe) made it too level 2 – which looks like a whole ‘nother kind of hell! I want more! I want to know more about those running it! How long has it been running? What is level 2? How many towns are there? How many level 2’s are there and are they all on ships? Leave us a show or two that makes us think!

monique September 4, 2010 at 8:22 pm

I want more of person’s unknown.
I would get upset when I missed an episode.
I had the whole family watching.
I was so thankful that cablevision had all the episodes available to watch.
Bring back another season. I need more, more, more.