Persons Unknown: NBC Won’t Air Episode 11, “Seven Sacrifice”

Persons UnknownAre you a devoted viewer of NBC’s Persons Unknown? If you end up watching all 13 episodes, you have to be.

Persons Unknown follows the challenges of a group of strangers who wake up in a ghost town and are unable to leave. The series features Chadwick Boseman, Lee Purcell, Jason Wiles, Andy Greenfield, Daisy Betts, Tina Holmes, Alan Ruck, Kate Lang Johnson, Sean O’Bryan, and Gerald Kyd.

After five weeks of poor ratings, NBC moved the series from Mondays to the “TV graveyard,” Saturday nights. The show’s been airing there for four weeks but some viewers have been understandably worried that the network won’t air all episodes of the mystery series.

It turns out their fears weren’t unwarranted. There are just four episodes left but that’s plenty of time to mess with the schedule.

As previously planned, Persons Unknown won’t air tonight and the network will instead run sports programming. The TV show will return next week with episode 10 (“Identity”). Some time after that, episode 11 (“Seven Sacrifice”), will be posted online.

The following week, on August 28th, NBC will air the final two installments; “And Then There Was One” and “Shadows in the Cave.”

Confused? Maybe the NBC programmers want to give viewers a taste of what the characters on Persons Unknown are going through.

Wendell September 13, 2010 at 7:22 pm

When is it going to be on again? I seem to only watch it on demand with Comcast. I can’t keep up with all the schedule changes.

Val September 6, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Okay, maybe this wasn’t a stellar program, but NBC sure pushed it enough before it aired. Then, when viewers decided to invest 4 or 5 hours in it, they decide it’s not good enough and ratings are poor. C’mon. It’s summer time!! Wasn’t its replacement a winner? Hmm, what was that anyway?

So they move it to Saturday and some viewers invest a few more hours and…they yank it. Thanks, NBC.

Considering all the time spent airing the Winter Olympics and other things (summer episodes with Jillian), what would have been the harm in riding out a continuing story that many viewers had gotten into?

Now they’re pushing “The Event” beginning in a few weeks. The promos seem familiar. Proceed with caution.

Donna September 4, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Please bring back Persons Unknown! We must see what happens on the ship, and Mark in level one, and Janet’s mother part of the program! This show is sure to attract many viewers as these plots unravel. Please don’t take it away!

Lucinda September 2, 2010 at 8:49 pm

If NBC wants to keep it’s viewers, it will listen to what the viewers have to say.
Please bring back Persons Unknown. If NBC doesn’t, I’m not going to get absorbed into anymore of their pilot programs and empty promises of “all will be revealed” because they will have shown that they don’t care about their viewers and leaving people hanging. At least wrap up the story so that we get some closure. Have some respect for the time we had invested in watching and “supporting” your network by watching in the first place.

Tara August 29, 2010 at 3:43 pm

I love this show, I hope they do not cancel it!!!!

Clark August 28, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Was tonights episodes of Persons Unknown truly the last? I wasn’t aware of episode 11 being online but thankfully I DVRed the show and was able to watch Episode 11 before 12 and 13. NBC keeps saying all will be revealed. I think not. They still leave us hanging about who and why are these Persons Unknown locked up in these ghost towns around the world. It ended with the cast returning to a new ghost town, which is on a freighter possibly headed for an island and being tolded now they’re on Level 2. Are they headed for the Lost island? Makes no sense.

Kristen Creamer August 28, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Seriously NBC promotes all of these shows to death, so you watch and when you do they switch to different time slots with no warning. I loved this show! I invested time just like I did in the show called “Life”. They did the same and I vowed to ban NBC from my household. They sucked me in with this one as well. Honestly this network is aweful and I feel sorry for the pilots they buy rights too!

William B Keller August 28, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Now I know why I watch cable stations more than networks. What garbage, skipping episodes of Persons Unknown and then running the finale. I’m not in your business and even I know why you’re losing viewers.

nan August 28, 2010 at 6:29 pm

NBC is just a mess. so 10,11 and now the season finally isnt going to air in east. come on, why bother. would abc have let this happen to lost. bad ratings of couse, they skrew up the entire network so no one even bothers to tune in anymore. well I guess I just joined the rest of the world. NBC wake up!!

ann August 28, 2010 at 4:45 pm

It just figures, I discover a great suspense show and it is postponed . I hope we have more like this in the vein of lost and fringe. I cut my teenage teeth on twilight zone and find most other shows so simplistic that most I can listen to them without looking at the screen . not so with suspense filled visuals that leave a gap if you turn your head for a second.

Liz August 27, 2010 at 11:56 am

Just a couple of days ago I was checking on my “on Demand” and it only had up to episode 9 which aired on 8/7. I have my DVR set to record all new episodes. Last one recorded 8/7. As of today episodes 10 and 11 showed up “on Demand”. Now I’m wondering if we’re going to have to watch the rest of the season out either “on Demand” or online. NBC should really get their shit together. But I guess it’s better than getting into the show and not being able to see the finale to find out all of this craziness.

marijoe August 23, 2010 at 7:23 pm

OK …according to my channel guide (cable) Saturday the 28th of August has Pre season football on. ????? What’s that mean for us east coasters ??? Are we NOT going to see the final of this show that we have watched all season ?

plok tak August 22, 2010 at 6:25 am

NBC are they still on ??

mp August 22, 2010 at 2:47 am

Steve, I don’t think episode 11′s streaming online the same day as 10. If you reread the post above, it says “The TV show will return next week with episode 10 (“Identity”). Some time after that, episode 11 (“Seven Sacrifice”), will be posted online.” So I’m going to assume that means somewhere between Sunday and Saturday, the missing episode’s going to be streamed online.

You might want to check out hulu and stuff for the 10th episode.

Steve August 21, 2010 at 6:54 pm

NBC must truly be run by incompetents! Why would they stream Episode 11 on their website on the same day that Episode 10 is playing on TV but blacked out due to preseason NFL football in most major markets? Here’s a novel idea… make Episode 10 available online before or at least at the same time as Episode 11. Now I feel like an idiot for letting NBC string me along with the promise that “all will be revealed” by the show’s end… except for the holes created by Episode 10 and 11 not being broadcast to the majority of America. Nice job NBC… it’s no wonder you’re the “cellar dweller” as far as broadcast networks ratings go.