Persons Unknown: NBC Moves Mystery Series to Saturdays

Persons UnknownAs expected, NBC has pulled their low-rated new series, Persons Unknown, from the Monday night line-up. Thankfully they haven’t yanked it off the air completely. They’re just moving it to the Saturday night graveyard.

Persons Unknown revolves around a group of strangers who awaken in a ghost town and are unable to leave. The cast includes Chadwick Boseman, Lee Purcell, Jason Wiles, Andy Greenfield, Daisy Betts, Tina Holmes, Alan Ruck, Kate Lang Johnson, Sean O’Bryan, and Gerald Kyd.

The TV show has been performing very poorly so July 5th will be its last Monday night airing. Beginning July 17th, it will show up on NBC’s Saturday night schedule instead.

The Visa Gymnastics Championships will preempt the show on August 14th. Otherwise, it looks like Persons Unknown will run uninterrupted and conclude with episode 13 on September 4th. Producers have maintained that the final episode will properly wrap the series.

Would you watch a second season of Persons Unknown?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

If by chance NBC pulls the low-rated show off the air before all of the episodes have aired, fans can take solace in the fact that they’re already scheduled to be released on DVD. Right now, the Persons Unknown: Season One set is scheduled for an August 31st release. That date may change now that NBC has altered their primetime schedule.

NBC has promoted Persons Unknown as a mini-series and, since it’s gotten poor ratings, there’s virtually no chance that it will return to the peacock network for another round.

TV show supportHowever, the series was initially produced for international buyers and the studios could decide to make another season, presumably with a new mystery and group of people. The decision to call the forthcoming DVD set “season one” and not “the complete series” seems to support that possibility.

What do you think? Will you keep watching Persons Unknown or wait for the DVD release? Would you be interested in a second season?

Gary October 27, 2011 at 5:10 am

I don’t get it. Where and Whom did the ratings on this show? Because i read that someone said it was too gorey with dead people. Crapp Friday the 13th was more gorey then this and it made alot of money. I think they must have gotten the ratings off a monestary or NBC is just too money hungry and they have a rating system that is higher then standard to get more money. I have been hearing alot of bad things about NBC hacking off alot of series. I understand about money but damn man shouldn’t NBC just make a few pilots to see if something goes well instead of entire episodes then get people interested and pull the plug. I think this is bad for their image and these days you need an image or people will just plain quit watching NBC altogether. I give NBC a rating of 0 right now and i am sure there are others who agree.

Grecia Ñiquen September 12, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I think is the best show after LOST it remind me a little bit .. I think it’s amazing I can’t wait to see the other season I hope that they not cancell they would be so stupid .. Because I think is the most interesting series that ever seen and everybody here is agree with me and I now that I’m not the only one who likes this show .. There’s a lot of people so I think we should not permitt to be cancelled …

tara June 20, 2011 at 11:39 pm

great show, hoping for season 2

None June 11, 2011 at 1:08 pm

F@cking NBC I don’t know about anyone else but I want a second season of PERSONS UNKNOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat Sparling June 9, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I want a second season of persons unknown It is alot like lost

Catherine June 3, 2011 at 7:25 pm

This is an amazing show and I wish they would air the second season! It can’t just end with the first season because now they just compeleted level one!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!

Mookie June 1, 2011 at 9:20 pm

I have not had cable since last august I heard of this show in june and watched all of it ondemand. Im upset to hear it “may” not run a 2nd season. If it does i’d like the cast to remain. They are absolutely a well put together group of individuals that keep me entertained. Please allow the show to continue.

Twan April 23, 2011 at 1:26 pm

I loved this show when it was on!!! I recorded it on my DVR.. would collect the episodes just to go back and watch to try and get my own answers. My children would watch and got hooked as well. I pray NBC brings it back for a 2nd season. Such a great show!!!

marc April 2, 2011 at 12:08 am

This is show is awesome, i’d watch a second season for sure. The show had me hooked in five minuntes and never let go. PLEASE bring it back for season 2.

Josh March 31, 2011 at 7:29 pm

just watched episode 13 of season 1. if they don’t make a 2nd seasond season it would be a huge mistake. great show. great drop off point for the season finale.

Sean LeDoux March 22, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Like many other people, I discovered this series on netflix. I had never heard of it before. I was hoping that since it was listed as season 1 that there would be future seasons. I loved lost, but felt betrayed by the ending. Lost had better character development and more thought provoking plot twists, but the season finale of “Persons Unknown” left me more satisfied even though it was open ended. PLEASE continue for international release.

sadgirl March 19, 2011 at 2:14 pm

im in love with this show ! there is no way they can cancel it i will die!

Crystal Star March 13, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I also found this series through Netflix, and am watching it. I am surprised it has such low ratings, and more people do not know about it. I also think it reminds me of LOST, which I loved. I would watch more of it, and hope it will air long enough to wrap it up as mentioned.

Austin March 11, 2011 at 11:22 pm

If they don’t keep on going with this show they are the stupidest people EVER this show is amazing…..personally I can’t wait to see what happens to everyone next!

Travis March 8, 2011 at 11:03 am

I just saw the series on Netflix, this is a really great show, i’m telling everyone i know about it. It has the potential to be the next Lost.

Anonymous October 17, 2011 at 9:38 am

Thats what I said. It does have a Lost feel to it! I love the show. Wish it would continue.