Persons Unknown: Could There Be a Second Season?

Persons UnknownNBC has been promoting Persons Unknown as a mini-series and that the show’s mysteries will be answered by the end. The show has not performed well in the ratings so hopefully the network will let all 13 episodes air.

If they do pull the series early, the show is scheduled to be put out on DVD. According to Amazon, it’s scheduled for an August 31st release but that’s likely to change because NBC won’t have aired all of the episodes until early September.

Some readers have noticed that the DVD set is titled Persons Unknown: The Complete First Season. Why? Because, though NBC has promoted it as a mini-series, Persons Unknown could continue for a second season.

Executive Producer Remi Aubuchon recently told Collider that, when they were shooting it, they did so believing it would be an on-going series. Though they wanted it to go on, he made sure that they answered all of the questions by the end of the first season, to make it a satisfying story for viewers.

Could there be another season? Aubuchon said, “It’s not unheard of, in the course of life, that if there’s enough interest in it, we could consider going a second season or doing another chapter. I keep looking at it as books in a series, and this season is the first book. I feel confident that we will have a beginning, middle and end, in this season, and it was wise of NBC to then call it what it really is, which is a mini-series.”

He continued, “24 is a really good example, in that there was a definitive beginning, middle and end for the first season. They had a slightly different format than we have, but the second season just retained Jack Bauer and a few other players, with the same basic format and idea, but it was a completely different show. I’m not saying that that’s exactly where we’re going, but certainly I think that there’s room for saying, ‘Hey, look, we told one story of a continuing saga.’ You should be able to pick this book up and get to the last line of the season and go, ‘Wow! Well, I hope there’s a second season, but at least I feel satisfied that I got to see all of this. They answered it all for me.”

Unfortunately, it looks unlikely that NBC would be interested in another season but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t return on another channel or in another form.

What do you think? Would you like to see Persons Unknown continue in some way?

Teresa December 28, 2013 at 10:01 pm

It was one of the best show I ever seen.I would LOVE to see another season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous December 7, 2013 at 10:53 am

I was looking for a serie to watch on netflix and just by the title, synopsis and photo cover caught my attention, therefore, please I hope they do a second season asap, its such an amazing story!!! I hate when an awesome serie air on tv and then don’t continue the next
Season due to low rating….. While there are thousands of people watching the show…. If no network wants to air the show, there is NETFLIX!!! :( I hope they dont leave us Fan of the show hanging!!!!!!! What will happened to the group? N the new people? Will they be able to get out of the program? What does janet’s mother owe the director of the program? Alot of questions need to be answer!!!!!

Rosy December 7, 2013 at 5:31 am

Rita December 7, 2013 at 12:32 am

we need the next season it’s a wonderful tv show I ever seen and all the actors are amazing too. My family and me love this tv show and we are expecting the next show so please please bring it back

Becky December 1, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I loved this show and would love to see it continue! I too watched it on Netflix, I do not remember seeing it on tv at all.

Devon Cooc November 20, 2013 at 3:13 am

Yes I think there should be a 2nd season of persons unknown!!!

carol m October 22, 2013 at 1:06 am

I’ve just finished wastching it on netflex someone MUST bring it back it’s 1 of the best shows I’ve seen in a very very Long time what does NBC know anyway

emma November 22, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I want it to continue so bad

Ivan October 11, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I fell in love with the show when it first aired in 2010. It really made me angry that it didn’t get enough promotion and good ratings. Sadly, that’s because reality BS is what takes up all of television nowadays. However, I watched the remainder of Season 1 on Netflix and I see that it got a lot of good ratings from Netflix subscribers. So, my question is: Why doesn’t netflix pick it up as a Netflix series? Or I’m sure SyFy would be a good station for the show. There needs to be a second season regardless. There are still numerous questions that need answering. PLEASE DON’T LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THIS!!!!!

Sara October 10, 2013 at 6:06 am

I just finished to see the first Season of Persons Unknown and I really liked this show. It’s a very exciting show and the actors made a great job. I would love to see a second season with a definitive ending.

Sara October 10, 2013 at 6:16 am

It could be more than just a second season, you could make more seasons, it’s a great show, bring it back, please. :-)

Casey October 5, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Bring back the show it is a awesome show I ever seen please

Tindra September 27, 2013 at 9:06 am

I never heard of this until I started to watch it on Netflix. I do like this show and would be interested in another season.

daniel September 13, 2013 at 1:04 am

Need to bring it back. Great show we need to see season 2.

Efrain duran September 12, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Bring it back!! Its a really good show..

Ernest Mink September 12, 2013 at 6:09 am

BRING IT BACK OR CONTINUE IT ON DVD-BLU RAY! Best show along the lines of what could be possible in this world!

Eric September 3, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Please bring it back best show I’ve watched in years. Captivating and more or less better than half of the crap on tv now. So please please please consider running a second season