Persons Unknown

Persons UnknownNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 7 – August 28, 2010
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Chadwick Boseman, Lee Purcell, Jason Wiles, Andy Greenfield, Daisy Betts, Tina Holmes, Alan Ruck, Kate Lang Johnson, Sean O’Bryan, Gerald Kyd, Reggie Lee, Alan Smyth, Joanna Lipari, Kandyse McClure, Victor Alfieri, and Carlos Lacamara.

persons unknown past TV show

TV show description:
This mystery drama revolves around a group of strangers who wake up in a strange hotel, then find they’re imprisoned in a ghost town and not able to leave. They see that security cameras are following everything they do. Their unknown captors create mistrust within the group by privately offering them freedom if they hurt the others.

Janet Cooper (Daisy Betts) is a San Francisco day-care owner and single mother of a 5-year-old girl, Megan. Janet’s mom has now been forced into the role of guardian of Megan, not knowing what happened to her daughter. Janet explains her mother is abusive and that they have a distant relationship. She is determined to get out of the situation so she can get back to her daughter. At one time, she was married and hired someone to find her husband.

Mark Renbe (Gerald Kyd) is a journalist from San Francisco who enjoys a good scandal. He’s investigating Janet’s disappearance, and receives information about it from a source in a bar but is then forced to give it away.

The natural leader in the group is Joe Tucker (Jason Wiles). He’s forceful and direct and mentions he doesn’t keep friends, family, or even a girlfriend. He’s very secretive with the others, not even telling them what he does for a living or why he may have been chosen to be taken. He knows military hand signals and was abducted in New York.

Charlie Morse (Alan Ruck) is an investment firm’s CEO. He was worried from the very beginning about how his wife would cope without him. He states that she’s mentally unstable, and emotionally dependent on him. His fighting skills become evident when he is intimidated or threatened.

Moira Doherty (Tina Holmes) is officially a crisis counselor for a teachers’ union. She confides to some that, until she was abducted, she’d been a mental patient at a hospital in Sandusky, Ohio. This left her with knowledge of different medications, introverted and trusting. She admits she feigned mental illness at a certain point to stay at the hospital so that she wouldn’t be sent to foster homes.

TV show supportMoira has become close to Tori Fairchild (Kate Lang Johnson), the privileged and manipulative daughter of an American ambassador and former head of the CIA. When she first woke up in this strange hotel, she had thought she’d just partied too much the night before. She thinks her father is behind her abduction, but won’t say why. She has a talent for hand-to-hand combat.

Sergeant Graham McNair (Chadwick Boseman) is a Marine. He’s also a devout Muslim following his working in a government facility and seeing how alleged terrorists were being treated. Because of this, he can show compassion, but he also tends to make hasty decisions. He seems to be interested in Moira.

Bill Blackham (Sean O’Bryan) put the moves on Tori and beat Graham in a very physical fight. Bill’s first priority is always himself, and he doesn’t trust others easily. The last thing he remembers before being abducted is being pulled over by the police.

Watching over all the abductees is “The Night Manager” (Andy Greenfield). He’s the only worker in the hotel and passes himself off as not knowing any more about the situation than the abductees. They all disagree about whether or not this is true. The captors seem to want to keep him safe.
space

Kalyn August 29, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Got intrigued with the show when it first aired but as the “season” went on, I got more and more disinterested on what happened to these people. What an awful season’s ending….what answers where we supposed to take from it? I still don’t know why these people were choosen, who was holding them, why they were being held, Level 2?! Sorry I even got hooked into watching what had to be one of the worse programs ever. NBC you screwed up with this one!

Axle August 29, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Is it being cancelled because its so close to the reality that a group of individuals in this world are really that powerful to mess up someone’s life? In reality there are people in our govenment that can really wipe out your identity if you run in with them — just pick you up and imprison you some where ( there’s at least 3 known cases, all happened in the airport)– based on falsely generated charges– like your on the homeland security watchlist etc…I love this show at least its informative of what will happen when the new world order that these powerful, manipulative circle that shadows the government get what they want– total control. Some media moguls don’t like this because they are part of these cirlcle of elites– will conspiracy theorist love this–

Sheila August 29, 2010 at 10:06 am

What exactly is the program? Who is this group and are they recruiting to do a mind altering
experience. I am so confused after watching finale. The end made no sense. I thought all was
to be revealed. I am just as confused as I was with lost. I will not get involved with these
goovy TV series again. How about some answers. Is the show continuing with a new group of
abductees and what happens in Level 11?

ldynred13 August 29, 2010 at 12:27 am

Okay…I thought it was just me that didn’t got lost in the ending…but I see everybody else here was as misinformed as I was…every week they kept saying all would be answered, but I’m still as much in the dark now as ever. Bring back a finale and give us some REAL answers…like who are these people and where the heck are they really??

Lance August 28, 2010 at 10:24 pm

It answered no questions because this was meant to be, if I heard correctly, the season finale, not the series finale. “Persons” was not meant to be a self-contained mini-series but the first in a multi-season arc. Whether or not there WILL be a second season is anyone’s guess.

spike August 28, 2010 at 8:47 pm

this ending made no sense and answered no questions. it is unfair to the audience who watched every week to leave them hanging like that. it is as if the screen writer had no ending and just quit. is this show going to be taken over by another network, where another 13 episodes will be written and some conclusion established?

Maureen O'Malley August 28, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Just watched the finale of Persons Unknown. Whaaat? I thoroughly enjoyed every episode, but, “all questions will be answered” episode finale answered nothing! I’m a pretty intelligent and discerning person, but the ending made no sense to me. Are these people dead souls? Now they are in Level Two…of WHAT!

phil August 29, 2010 at 1:43 pm

I suppose perdition. Maybe I am reading too much into it. The ship had “almas perdidas” written on the side. It means Lost Souls. It is either some limbo, neither heaven nor hell…or it just sucked and the writters had not explaination for a group that owns you for life and you merely graduate to another level. The desk clerk was a dead girl. The other two desk clerks seemed to also be dead. Joe shot one three times.

Maybe it was a statement on reincarnation. So passed and one (Joe) failed. …No, it was just a sucky ending.

Donna August 28, 2010 at 8:05 pm

I watched the finale. I still don’t get why they were chosen and why and who “the group” is.

Kelly Means August 28, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Persons unknown was the biggest waste of time ever! NBC SUCKS!!!!!

Kelly Means August 28, 2010 at 7:54 pm

This was the worst mini series or what ever, that has ever been. I have completely wasted my time on the program. Whom ever had anything to do with this program should be fired or worse. What a piece of SHIT program.

Shirley August 28, 2010 at 7:38 pm

I’m disappointed. I thought we were suppose to get an explanation tonight and it would be over. Not so. I’m done with it. It’s going to be like Heroes….no ending.

Chris August 28, 2010 at 7:33 pm

I just saw the final episode, and I hated the ending! I don’t believe I wasted my time watching it every week to end that way. What a dumb ending!!!

Pat Crawford August 24, 2010 at 3:50 pm

I love this show and something interesting my 15 yr old grandson does also. We always discuss it after we
watch it.,not to many shows have the appeal to old and young. I usally watch on Demand my grandson
thinks some of the shows don’t go to onDemand I can’t find any gaps which is correct ?

heinzlmeir August 19, 2010 at 9:58 am

Saturday seem to be a bad night for any series, many a good show has hit the dust.

Like the comment above, I’m watching FOX, USA AND TNT.

Robert Harding July 21, 2010 at 8:46 am

It seems like every time ABC, or NBC and sometimes CBS gets a new series other than some dumb comedy or reality show crap, its runs for a season and then gets cancelled. Everytime my household gets interested in a series it get the axe. Thats why USA, Fox and TNT are having so many viewers faithfull watch them. They have the best shows on tv. If the other networks get a show they move it around from night to night then cancell it, and no one wants to waste thier time watching a show thats only going to be on for a seanson. I am so tired of stupid reality shows, and comedies. I refuse to watch and get interested in any new shows on any of the major networks. Trauma, Mercy and Persons unknown are some of the better shows but I hear that they have all ben cancelled. Thats why im a big fan of USA, TNT and Fox.