Plain Jane: CW’s Newest Reality Show; Cancel or Keep It?

Plain JaneThe CW recently debuted their newest reality show called Plain Jane. Each episode revolves around a woman receiving a makeover from British fashion expert Louise Roe. Is the show performing well or does it need a ratings makeover?

Plain Jane debuted on July 28th to poor ratings. The premiere attracted a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and just 990,000 viewers, ranking in fifth place for the timeslot in both areas. It was even outperformed by its lead-in, a repeat of America’s Next Top Model. On a positive note, the audience did grow a bit between Plain Jane’s first and second half-hours.

In week two, total viewership grew to 1.15 million viewers but the all-important demo remained the same at a 0.4 rating. This time, the demo rating dropped a bit between the first and second half of the show.

Four more episodes of Plain Jane have already been produced and it seems very likely that the network will let them air. The CW shows typically get much lower ratings than those on other networks. However, The CW has cancelled TV shows with similar ratings (High Society, Fly Girls) so it seems highly unlikely that they’ll be ordering any more of Plain Jane.

What do you think? Do you think Plain Jane is worth renewing for a second season or would you just cancel it now?

Cristy June 28, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Pleasssssse bring it back!!!! i been waiting for this show to come back! i really love this show and would like to see new episodes on this!!! (feedback would be nice)

Unanimous May 8, 2012 at 2:47 pm

It’s awesome!!! Definitely a keeper! Can’t wait to c this season’s!

Anonymous October 8, 2011 at 2:10 pm

keep it

Rose Ingrassia September 21, 2011 at 8:04 am

It would be a shame if this show were cancelled. I recently discovered it and really loved to see the transformation. Every woman dreams of being made over from an ugly duckling to a beautiful woman. I kept looking to see when it was airing but no luck.

Some of the most popular shows have been ones where a woman has been made over. For example, the series WHAT NOT TO WEAR with Stacy London and Clinton Kelly have been a favorite.

Diane September 20, 2011 at 8:07 pm

It would ashame to cancel this show. I happened to run across it when surfing the tv channels and loved it. I went to find it just recently and see it isnt on. That is why I went on the web to find the schedule thinking I was just missing it and checking on the wrong night or channel. I definetly would love to see it continue. Not to mention it is helping others to overcome shyness and become more secure in themselves. Please dont cancel.

Alaska M. Rose September 15, 2011 at 5:44 am

Well, I hope that even if CW discontinues it, another station will pick it up. This was an excellent show that my sister and I bonded over. It’s more than a makeover. It was a life altering experience that made women out of shy girls who lacked confidence in themselves. I (and many others) can really relate to that, to miss plain Jane with a crush.
I mean, here I am practically biting my nails and squealing like a little girl in anticipation as Jane delivers the news. That show was awesome. Please don’t evaporate into thin air.

Kimm August 16, 2011 at 8:58 pm

I just discovered this show too. I love it! Since it has been a year since the last show was aired, I fear that it won’t be coming back, but I hope it does!

CG August 12, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I just discovered this show and loved it!

Janessa Leonski July 21, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Loved the show..please bring it back!

Morgan July 15, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I loved that show! I have been waiting for months for Plain Jane to return for a new season and I really hope it does. And I completely agree with Dawn and Jacquine. It was very inspirational.

Jacquine May 23, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I love Plain Jane plain and simple (pun intended). I think it should come back for another season and if it doesn’t, than that is a shame. Being a “plain jane” myself, I was inspired watching these girls come out of their shells and did something that I never would do in a million years. Maybe if the show continues, I could be a future contestant?

viveka April 18, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I just discovered plain jane, and loved it, as dawn said, it’s so inspirational for all plain janes out here!

Christina April 10, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I watched every episode and really hope there is another season!

Dawn February 18, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Plain Jane was a really fantastic show and it was beyond inspiration. It helps gain confidence and it needs to come back for some more seasons.