Political Animals: Possible Second Season ‘Cancelled’

USA Network has decided not to produce a second season of Political Animals, their political drama.

Though Animals was billed as a limited series, the cable channel was open to the possibility of producing a second season.

Despite featuring actors like Sigourney Weaver, Carla Gugino, James Wolk, and Ellen Burstyn, and garnering some great reviews, not enough people tuned in and the ratings were poor.

In a statement to TV Line, USA said, “We are proud of Political Animals, our miniseries that attracted critical acclaim and impacted the cultural conversation this summer. It was a pleasure to work with Greg Berlanti and Laurence Mark and a powerful cast led by Sigourney Weaver. We look forward to collaborating again with these immensely talented creatives.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Political Animals on USA? Why didn’t more people watch?

Anonymous December 23, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I am disappointed there will not be a second season of Political Animals.

benny December 5, 2012 at 8:01 am

why cancel. is everything going to dumb down in America. There will be nothing left but trash tv.

TE November 29, 2012 at 12:32 pm

What do you mean they aren’t returning. That became one of my favorite shows to watch on USA! It should have made the cut for a full season! SMH!!!!

Donald November 26, 2012 at 10:45 am

I do not understand the minds of the people makes the decisions on these matters. First of all this was a great show. And all great shows should be given more than limited episodes before a decision is made to cancel. USA has done this with too many shows. I become interested and then they are gone. No more watching USA Network shows.

Brian November 13, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I can’t believe that USA cancelled the show. The show had an awesome cast, you love the drama of the main characters, but more importantly it showed a glimpse into the world of politics and made it interesting. I agree with Kim Southcott, the network should replay the reruns and watch as more and more people become interested. What is the point of getting attached to a good show only to realize that it is cancelled. Bring back Political Animals. Bring back Sigourney Weaver and Sebastian Stan.

kim southcott November 13, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Disturbed that a terrific show like Political Animals is not given a second season. I say rerun the first six episodes after lots of PR and see ratings develop. This show is my front runner favourite for the last season and I can taste my disappointment that it is not to continue. Bring back Political Animals!

Kathy Kunde November 12, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Extremely disappointed to learn Political Animals won’t be back. It was a very well acted program with several top stars. USA, please reconsider this cancellation; maybe try it during the winter season when more people are confined indoors due to the weather and have time to watch TV.

Chris November 5, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I had a busy summer and am just now watching Political Animals on my dvr. My wife and I watched the first 4 last night and the 5th tonight. About to watch 6 and got online got I. To find out when the next season airs. I am stunned and that we are hooked on a show that is canceled. It would have had more viewers if it wasn’t the summer! USA give it another shot or give it to another network. This show is awesome, and I am republican!

Liz November 5, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Political Animals was fantastic, and I couldn’t wait for the second season, and now that there isn’t going to be one? I feel completely robbed.

Regan November 3, 2012 at 2:26 pm

We are saddened by this. What a great show. Kept us mesmerized. My wife and I and our grandson who’s 17 and thinking about entering politics. Please USA keep a good show once in a while!

LJ November 3, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Hey AMC – step up & make this part of your schedule.

Kathy November 3, 2012 at 10:56 am

I’m so disappointed that Political Animals won’t be renewed. Seems it’s only the classy programs that are cancelled and worthless shows stay on television!! I hope USA will reconsider their decision or let the show go to another network that recognizes good drama.

Colin November 3, 2012 at 10:31 am

what is going on at USA recently? they seem to be much more willing to cancel shows than they used to be

Political Animals was great :(

Peggy November 3, 2012 at 6:18 am

USA is going down the tubes – they are cancelling too many shows. I will not watch any of their new shows anymore…too disappointing when they don’t renenw them!

Trevor November 2, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I know they called it a limited series but I never would have thought that meant because it was going to be cancelled in the future. Well now, that’s two great shows gone off USA. What a week…..