Power: Has Season Two Been Cancelled by Starz?

Power TV show on Starz: canceled or season 2?The first season of Power recently finished airing on Starz, leaving fans of the TV show ready for a second season. The series was already renewed for season two which will start airing in 2015. But now, there are rumors that those plans have been cancelled. What’s going on?

Created by Courtney Kemp Agboh and produced by rapper Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Power revolves around James “Ghost” St. Patrick (Omari Hardwick) — the owner of Truth, a popular New York nightclub. He seems to have it all; a successful business, a beautiful wife and an amazing Manhattan penthouse. However, his club is actually a front for a lucrative drug network. Ghost decides he want to finally leave the drug world and go legitimate but that’s easier said than done.

The rest of the cast includes Lela Loren, Naturi Naughton, Joseph Sikora, Andy Bean, Adam Huss, Kathrine Narducci, Sinqua Walls, Luis Antonio Ramos, Greg Serano, and Lucy Walters.

The rumors of the show’s cancellation are false and seem to stem from an article on a website called Cream Bmp Dail.

The article reads, “Stars announced they will be cancelling the second season of hit show ‘Power’ until further notice due to creator and star 50 Cent pulling out due to an upcoming G-Unit reunion tour.” It’s been shared 3,250 times on Facebook — and most people who see the post likely don’t realize that its source is a satire site.

Starz has not released a statement about season two not moving forward. Aside from the fact that there are several inaccuracies in the article, a disclaimer on the site reads, “This website is comprised of satire and parody of current news and urban culture. For entertainment purposes only.”

Season two of Power is set to start filming in September for a planned 2015 debut.

What do you think? Do you like the Power TV show? Are you looking forward to season two? Did you get fooled by the article?

Roxanne March 2, 2015 at 12:24 am

Yes I’m still waiting for the show to start if theyvstarted filming in sept 2014 then why hasn’t season two started ??

william G February 28, 2015 at 8:14 pm

I PAY $237,00 A MONTH FOR THE PREMIUM CHANEELS JUST TO WATCH POWER AND RAY DONOVAN AND THE BOSS, BUT GUESS WHAT THEY KEEP SAYING THEY,RE COMIN BACK BUT OUR MONTHLY CHARGES KEEP GOING ON, WHAT ALL SHOULD DO IS CANCEL AND WHEN THEY DO COME BACK IF THEY DO JUST GO TO THE DVD SHOP AND RENT THE SERIES WHEN ITS ON DVD , THESE CHANNELLS ARE JUST CON ARTIST, WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? DO YOU AGREE?

bubeye February 25, 2015 at 2:19 am

Power is by far better than empire and all the bs reality shows we are left to watch…please hurry back with the second series…

Maxine Henderson February 19, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Everytime a great series start, you cancel it, but all of the dumb, stupid series that should be cancelled runs forever.

winnie steele February 18, 2015 at 10:18 pm

They better bring it back.. I just cant to see what is going to happen.. This a very good show; intriguing keeps you on the edge of your seat.. Please keep this series going as long as you can..

April February 18, 2015 at 5:34 pm

I love Power!!! I need to know what happens next!!

Rochelle Newsom February 8, 2015 at 3:43 am

The show is intriguing. Me and my husband loves the show can’t wait for its return. I’m having “Power withdrawals” I’m watching season 1 on On Demand

Alicia February 7, 2015 at 8:07 pm

They must leave the series Power on ! My husband and I like the talent of the actors that are on the show. This is a great series Played well by the actresses & actors are so great love them all in there parts. We look forward to see season two. The one problem I have is that it takes so long to air a 2nd season. We have been waiting for Game of Thrones for how long now. Dallas was canceled. Another good one is Empire. The actors & actress are great in this series. I like these new series I also like because it’s a mix race. We all have Talent in my book.

jen February 7, 2015 at 3:38 am

I have been scavenging websites just to find out when season two will be starting!! Stars really has to get that show going I have been counting the months for it to start and nothing! You guys have to put it back it’s such a great show and im a huge fan.Enough with the stupid reality tv and Please hurry can’t wait !!

Linda Mills February 4, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Please hurry and bring this movie back on Starz. I loved the first season.

Clarence Berry February 2, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Great Show & Just Like It’s Name I Know It Has Staying Power

Roxanne January 30, 2015 at 8:22 am

My husband and I love the show and are eagerly waiting for season two to ais. Please do not disappoint the fans by not having a season two.
We can not wait to see what kennan has in store for Ghost. Although i want ghost to continue to grow in his character and not be hurt. Also can not wait for him to find out about the woman he is cheating oc his wife with, that she is looking to put Ghost in prison. Big fan

Kevin Bradford January 29, 2015 at 9:54 pm

They better put it back on, it’s a good show.

Debra olynyk January 29, 2015 at 1:34 pm

This is so not right this was a great show, I was always at the edge of my seat how could you take something so good off and have all the bull shit reality shows on (REALLY) …
You all need to put in on FOX PUT EMPIRE ON AT 8:PM AND POWER ON AT 9:PM if you all are not bull ****ting that power has been cancelled (just do it ) 2 great shows back to back !!!!!

Briian Carpenter January 27, 2015 at 9:51 pm

I thought Power was set for January. Put it on Fox (can’t believe I’m saying that), after Empire !!