Prison Break: Is the End in Sight for the FOX Drama?

Prison BreakWhile promoting the fourth season premiere, series star Wentworth Miller acknowledged that the end may be in sight for FOX’s serial drama, Prison Break. He said, “I do feel as though we may be on one of our final laps around the track… It is something that weighs on my mind from time to time.”

Miller went on to say that, “At this point in the series, Michael and Lincoln, between them, have intentionally or unintentionally killed so many people and yet they’re still running around with T-Bag — a maniac, a psychopath and a child killer and a rapist. Eventually, you have to wonder when enough is enough because it really makes my character look bad. These are the questions that I think eventually we have to answer or else suffer a fall-off in terms of believability and quality.”

Considering how many people tuned in on Monday night, it seems most viewers have decided that Prison Break has “jumped the shark” already. Though the return of Michael’s believed-dead girlfriend, Dr. Sarah Tancredi (Sarah Wayne Callies), had been heavily anticipated and hyped for weeks, only 6.48 million viewers tuned in. That’s 20 percent fewer than watched the third season opener a year earlier.

Last May, the network ordered 22 episodes for season four, following a prematurely shortened season three. That’s good news but if the ratings continue to slip, FOX could certainly cut the number. They’ve certainly treated other series this way in the past.

If FOX ends up pulling the plug prematurely on Prison Break, let’s hope the writers have time to wrap up the series’ innumerable loose ends. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

hanna December 10, 2014 at 4:27 am

best action drama series .. nothings gonna compare in this tv series

kiss csonk November 17, 2009 at 4:15 am

prison break is the best series in the world

Linda October 17, 2009 at 8:53 am

This show is the best ever.. And it has to been a happy ending.. And agree to Lisa, I hope they will bring him back.. Maybe a movie, just like sex and the city did it… It could be call prison break 4 years leter..
I hope really really much that, it will happend..

If you also think that, go to this website an sign..

Lisa September 10, 2009 at 7:13 pm

I am so disappointed that Prison break has ended. I loved the tv series and would love to see it come back on. Please, Please, Please bring prison break back.

Wentworth Miller and the other cast members were awesome in this show. I would love to see them all reunited again. They never did really show Wentworth Miller “Michael Scofield” die. So, it isn’t impossible to bring Michael back from the grave.
At least, it would be great to see another prison break movie come out with a reunion only to bring Michael Scofield back from the dead.

George April 21, 2011 at 3:25 am

@Lisa: Yes I agree with you! I feel the same way. Prison Break needs to come back. The writer has perpetually not shown how Michael dies and what happenned in season 4. So it is possible to bring it on. Like in the end it shows “4yrs Later” and then the scene of all re-uniting at Michael’s grave. They can weave a story around of what happened during those 4 yrs” or for that matter its already written. Goash, its so addictive…I need MORE!!! Is someone listening??? and most importantly “FOX”.

Betty May 26, 2009 at 4:07 am

This is my number 1 favorite series,jst the thought that there’s no more to watch after the great episodes is really disturbing.Sure there must be many open ends to connect the whole thing again.Bring back PB.

darmmie May 15, 2009 at 11:21 am

i really do love prison break,as much as i enjoy it,i want it concluded,i want d whole thing 2 b over.it’s been really tough u know.i jst hope lincoln n scofield scales through alive

tommy April 24, 2009 at 9:14 pm

those who want PB to continues….

Samantha January 29, 2009 at 6:44 pm

I say Its Time for the show to go.Its Been on Long Enough.I Like to see the series Finale in May.When is the Air Date?

Infinite December 31, 2008 at 11:11 pm

i still think its way better than 24
how many sesons has that been on for?
god its so boring!

Jim September 9, 2008 at 2:05 pm

This is a perfect example of how a great show starts to suck because money hungry television networks want to drag it out for as many seasons as possible. I used to like this show but this season appear to be the worst yet.

Adore September 9, 2008 at 10:10 am

I love this show. It looks like this season will be pretty good. And if they do decide to cancel it, I hope the clear up all the loose ends.

Guest September 8, 2008 at 12:34 pm

with fox…the possibility that this show will be canceled is great