Prison Break

Prison BreakNetwork: FOX
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Four

TV show dates: August 29, 2005 — May 15, 2009
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Dominic Purcell, Wentworth Miller, Amaury Nolasco, Robert Knepper, Wade Williams, Sarah Wayne Callies, William Fichtner, Paul Adelstein, Marshall Allman, Rockmond Dunbar, Jodi Lyn O’Keefe, Robin Tunney, Stacy Keach, Leon Russom, Phillip Edward Van Lear, Peter Stormare, Muse Watson, Frank Grillo, Jason Davis, Christian Stolte, Patricia Wettig, Barbara Eve Harris, Michael Rapaport, Reggie Lee, Matt DeCaro, Mac Brandt, Chris Vance, Danay Garcia, and Lane Garrison.

prison break past TV show

TV show description:
This drama follows Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller) as he works to free his older brother Lincoln (Dominic Purcell) from a maximum security prison. “Linc” has been wrongfully convicted of the murder of the Vice-President’s brother and is scheduled to be executed.

Michael takes drastic measures to get himself incarcerated alongside his brother and, once inside, begins to execute an elaborate escape plan.

In prison he meets cellmate Fernando Sucre (Amaury Nolasco), psycho Theodore “T-Bag” Bagwell (Robert Knepper), mob boss John Abruzzi (Peter Stormare), David “Tweener” Apolskis (Lane Garrison), Charles “Haywire” Patoshik (Silas Weir Mitchell), warden Henry Pope (Stacy Keach), correction officer captain Brad Bellick (Wade Williams) and prison doctor Sara Tancredi (Sarah Wayne Calliesz).

Among those fighting for the brothers on the outside are lawyer/friend Veronica Donovan (Robin Tunney) and Lincoln’s teenage son, L. J. Burrows (Marshall Allman).

Series Finale:
The series has ended.

What happened next?
A two-hour “movie” is being released on DVD in July 2009 that will wrap up the series.

Behind the Scenes

space
The Vice-President’s brother Terrence Steadman (whom Lincoln supposedly murdered) has been played by two actors. John Billingsley originated the role in season one but it was played by Jeff Perry in the season two. The recasting was done as a result of Billingsley being signed as a regular on the ABC series The Nine.
space
Dominic Purcell was cast three days before the start of production. Purcell auditioned for the role of Lincoln Burrows while recurring as Tommy Ravetto on North Shore. Series creator Paul Scheuring initially felt Purcell was “too much of a pretty boy” but won the role. When Purcell arrived on the set with a shaved head, Scheuring was amazed at the physical likeness of the two actors playing brothers.
space

Canceled and renewed TV show

34 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. mishkat joha says

Plz Fox Tv i request u to start Prison break 5. we r very much keen to see michael alive… n it should not b end like this ! I think u work for the interest for viewers … so plz keep this request …………………. we want michael , linc, sara, sucre, t bag, alex …. with Prison break 5!!plz plz plz

2. says

WE ENJOY PRISON BREAK WE NEED SEASON 5 TO COME. I THINK MICHAEL SUFFER AND WENT THRU ALOT JUST TO FINISH IT THE WAY IT DID. IN SEASON 5 HE SHOULD ESCAPE WHERE THEY HAVE HIM IN JAIL OR HIDING SOMEWHERE SO HE COULD REUNITE WITH HIS FAMILY. WE NEED SEASON 5 WITH THE SAME CAST MEMBERS EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT ON THE OTHER SEASONS. THANK YOU

3. Yois Lopez says

Please bring back prison break 5 PLEASEE Is the best show everr !!! And like one of the fans said with more Advertising maybe more people will watch !! PLEASEEE BRING BACK PRISON BREAK !!!

4. Choco-chan says

There are much things are open ,also michael promised in the first season to take care of the daughter from Charles Westmoreland ,what he never done. There is so much more unfinished and for Michael to pretend that hes dead would make so much sense. He knows if hes alive they never let him and his family to live in peace. I want Sara and Michael to finally set sail with the boat, and to run the diving school in panama… that would be a better when leting him die.

5. says

Hi all, just want to ask you to please concenter to bring back Prison Break season 5.
    I had started watching my grandbabies while my son goes bowling. Put the kids to bed at 8 ande find the program on net frlix and now i am so hooked. Got my mom hocked on it to and she said this was better then soaps lmao. What ever it takes plseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bring it back.

Thanks Rinda

6. Renee says

It can’t end w the brains nd main character dying, I love the show would love a fifth season because why end it the way it ended makin it all worthless for nothing. PLEASE RETURN prison break w wentworth miller, dominic, nd “sarah” hopin to see future w a child

7. shane says

BRING MICHAEL W ANOTHER SEASON. I LOVE THE SHOW. MAYBE WITH MORE ADVERTISING MORE PEOPLE CN WATCH SPECIALLY W THE R.IGHT TIME OF EVENING

8. amanda zeek says

Please bring michael back nd w a season five. Give it another chance. Prison break is such an exciting action show nd keeps suspicion on edge. They are great characters nd we would love to see a season five. Wentworth miller is the best! HUGE fan of them all but I love michael nd his intelligence! Thank you.

9. maelen says

i love it is just that it cant end there y did he had to die (michael) after all he did he broke out of 3 prisons specially SONA that was the harder one i cry at the end………. there has to be more the cast was awsome i really enjoy watching the show

10. linda says

I loved this show so much, Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell were amazing actors I think everyone did a great job and I will love to see season five I just staring watching this show in netflix and me my husband and my son were hooked with this show and I didn’t like the way it ended it up with Michael dying but they never said anything about the police finding his body it will be amazing knowing he will come out alive like Sara did I think it will be a come up for Fox to come out with season five.

11. Barbara says

Mu husband and I are on *58 and I cannot tell you how “compelling” this series is. We are so sorry that we weren’t aware of it sooner, but now enjoy it so much. Insentive to get all our stuff done, a couple of tall cool drinks and we are down for the whole afternoon.,
    This is our first series since retirement and now we really know WHY we are so happy to be retired. Thank each of the writters, directors, set people, lights “sets”, it is just all we can tell our friends about. I admire the comentary, the scens have to be graphic, the action is violent but still no obsenatives. The Stars are Marvelous. The crosses and the loyalties,
    I LOVE THIS SHOW. The Quality of this entire series is just phenominal and really has given us hours of enjoyment, plus some georgeous pictures of Mexico. Thank You, Thank You. Hope to hear that this cast will be reassembled for another similar series. Barbara

12. joker18 says

i do not like the finale f prison break because i fine it is the best series ever an people are waiting to see what life would michael and his brother would be living after the company has been destroyed an it would be really surprising what would season 5 would be about .