Psych: Season Eight Ratings

Psych season eight ratingsThere’s been talk that season eight will be the end of Psych. Certainly season eight will have just 10 epsides, the series’ smallest episode order to date. Will there be a ninth year or is this the end? Will the ratings impact that decision? Stay tuned!

On Psych, Santa Barbara’s favorite faux psychic (James Roday) and his sidekick (Dule Hill) continue to solve cases together. The rest of the cast includes Corbin Bernsen, Kirsten Nelson, Maggie Lawson, and Timothy Omundson.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.68 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The seventh season averaged a 0.8 demo rating with 2.51 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Psych TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for season nine?

Sandy April 5, 2014 at 3:42 am

I enjoyaed watching Psych I was really upset when you decided to cancel the show. PLEASE! PEASE!! Will you consider putting it back on the air..It was one of the best shows on TV….

Patty March 30, 2014 at 12:48 pm

I have every episode of psych including the musical! Unfortunately haven’t been able to watch season 8 yet but I tell you right now I’m sure ill love it! Canceling the show is so devastating! It’s part of our life! My finance and I have a lot going on but always have a set time every night to watch this show! If you cancel the show I would be heart broken. And we would have to find something else to watch that we both enjoy together! Which will most likely be unlikely, seeing he loves more action shows and well I’m a girl!! Please don’t cancel the show! It’s become a big part in our lives! Our children even love watching it

denns hersch March 26, 2014 at 12:04 pm

I loved the show why they gotta cancel something so ingenious, I will miss my chocolate warrior, I liked all the characters. so sad.

Amy March 25, 2014 at 9:22 am

Love pysch I wish they would continue but so dissatisfied with the last episodes no closer or any development with the characters . It feels rushed .

leah March 22, 2014 at 10:54 pm

i loved psych.until these last few episodes. why do they want to end like this, so lame and silly. could not follow last weeks at all. Glad there will be no more if this is what they would be like.

Mike February 28, 2014 at 7:59 pm

I think if the age range for demographic were up to at least 55 the ratings would be higher. A lot of the comedy in the show is better understood by an older class of viewer (just a guess) who can appreciate it. I mean how many 18 year olds got the reference Ding Ding that Gus did with Carl Weathers a few years back. Love the show wish it would last forever, and would love to see these two jokers do it San Fran style for another 8 years at least.

Linda February 17, 2014 at 12:44 pm

I just discovered Psych and have watched all the seasons at once on Streampix and Netflix. I love Modern family, but will watch Psych instead and catch Modern family on Streampix. No, please don’t cancel Psych!! I need more. It’s one of the few funny shows on TV! The theme music makes me get up and dance for joy.
Psych has at least a couple more seasons left in it before it gets stale. Usually shows get stale because the characters get over-the-top quirky, but the Psych characters have remained consistently funny and quirky.

lynn falcon February 10, 2014 at 9:47 am

This is by far one of the best shows on t v and is enjoyed not only by the younger viewers but also the older generation, like myself its one of the few shows i can talk about with my kids and friends we all love the show hope they think again about pulling the plug

Rob February 3, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I want more seasons and books!

Antonio Conte February 1, 2014 at 11:50 pm

I think that there should definitely be a season 9. The only difference from last season to this one is that this season started right after that epic Psych musical. Most fans loved the 90 minute episode and so now when you’re watching an episode without the singing or extended storyline it feels as if the energy is no longer there. I definitely felt it, but it isn’t true. Psych makes each episode themed to some other show, movie etc. The writers are trying new radical stories this season I love it. It’s a great change. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Ron Russo February 1, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Its sad, i hope they give me one more awesome season and tie everything up. Its Been a great show and has lasted though all of USA other shows they tried to come out with. SAVE PSYCH

Chuck Lewis January 31, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Leslie nailed it! I’ve always enjoyed the show but, the season opener was so annoying I turned it off before the first commercial break. Sad ending to a once enjoyable show.

Leslie January 30, 2014 at 9:58 pm

I have enjoyed the romp that “Psych” has led us on for the past few years. Unfortunately, even though I would like to see it continue, it seems as if the actors (and definitely the writers) have already moved on. The season 8 shows have had the feel of everyone “just calling it in”. There seems to be no effort to lift those viewing ratings of yours. It is sad, but life goes on.