Psych: USA Drama Renewed for Season Five

Psych TV showUSA has decided to keep crimesolving duo Shawn (James Roday) and Gus (Dule Hill) together for another season.

The cable channel has renewed Psych for a fifth season. The cycle will be made up of 16 episodes and is expected to debut in Summer 2010.

But before that happens, viewers still have the second half of season four to look forward to. It kicks off on January 29th and will conclude on March 12th.

Once Monk concludes its run next week, Psych will become the channel’s longest-running scripted series that’s still on the air.

What do you think? Are you glad the the show’s continuing or do you think it’s time to end Psych? Anything you’d like to see the characters do in 2010?

Tyler March 14, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Psych, O psych! You were my favorite series, and then…you went all psycho! Why did you take a turn for the worse trying to be more serious? You succeeded because you were lighthearted and silly, Not dark and depressing. The balance of comedy and story telling that worked so great in Seasons 1 and 2 has now become an unfunny shell of your former self.(Season 4 was Horribly lame)

Please Psych get better…so I can start laughing again!

Jonesy March 12, 2010 at 4:50 pm

I’m so glad that Psych is coming back. Gus and Shaun really complement each other and it’s fun looking for the pineapple every week. I’m 63 years old (a far cry from a teenager), and this is one of my favorite shows.

Dawn March 12, 2010 at 11:14 am

My favorite show!

June March 10, 2010 at 11:25 am

Please do not cancel this show. It by far is one of the best shows on TV.

Anna March 9, 2010 at 11:22 pm

This is one of my favorite shows! And I’m not a teenager. This is the sense of humor that I LOVE because it reminds me of my friends and I so I really, really, REALLY hope it’s not cancelled.

paul March 7, 2010 at 7:28 am

Great show good to see something other than the reality garbage that has flooded TV land,there should be more shows like Psych , Monk , Reaper , Burn Notice and Fringe , they all have a place in TV land . It’s nice to see shows that don’t have to rely on sex , drugs , swearing or people humiliating them self all for a date or a some of money . To the producers ,directors ,writers ,actors and the crews of the shows mentioned above ,I say excellent work , you deserve a huge THANK YOU.

rachael March 6, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I love psych i recently only turned it on after John Cena was a guest star (Iam a huge wwe fan) and I loved it can’t get enough and p.s iam not a teenager

Jonesy March 4, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Monk and Psych are two of my favorite shows. Now that Monk is gone, I sure hope they don’t cancel Psych. I really enjoy the sometimes annoying way that Shaun solves crimes. It’s refreshing and a lot better than all the reality shows on TV.

Sandy March 4, 2010 at 8:44 am

I Love the show!!!! and I am not a teenager. This is the best on TV now
sandy

old fan February 28, 2010 at 7:16 pm

b speaks the truth… He said what I would have said.

b February 21, 2010 at 1:31 pm

This show sucks compared to the first and second season. the only people that still love this show are teenage girls in love with james and dule. Please USA, forced the writers to do to this show what ABC forced on Lost a few years back. Make them write better scripts, instead of this carbon copy crap that has been happening in season four.

kim February 19, 2010 at 9:02 pm

i love this show so much it hurts!!!! anyody would be a fool to cancel such a great show!

Lisa February 19, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Psych is a great show!! Don’t cancel it!!

Marina Ryzhova February 18, 2010 at 12:10 am

Please keep Psych going. It’s a hilarious show that I love and I hope it will have some more seasons even after the 5th one. It doesn’t appear to be “losing its touch” so far, unlike some other shows that get more boring with each season. The more Psych, the better!

Janet Sheffer February 13, 2010 at 6:51 am

Please do not cancel this show I really enjoy the sense of humor and the laughter of Shaun and Gus.