Psych: USA Drama Renewed for Season Five

Psych TV showUSA has decided to keep crimesolving duo Shawn (James Roday) and Gus (Dule Hill) together for another season.

The cable channel has renewed Psych for a fifth season. The cycle will be made up of 16 episodes and is expected to debut in Summer 2010.

But before that happens, viewers still have the second half of season four to look forward to. It kicks off on January 29th and will conclude on March 12th.

Once Monk concludes its run next week, Psych will become the channel’s longest-running scripted series that’s still on the air.

What do you think? Are you glad the the show’s continuing or do you think it’s time to end Psych? Anything you’d like to see the characters do in 2010?

Canceled and renewed TV show

72 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. lorraine says

I have been watching for the new summer series of Psych to begin. I love that show and would be VERY disappointed if it got canceled. The actors and actresses are just wonderful. The writers are very talented and I look forward to a long long long series.

2. Lee says

Psych is excellent! I love being able to watch Psych with my son. We both really enjoy the shows humor, and we love all of the main actors. We especially like the banter between James Roday and Dule Hill. Corbin Bernsen, Timothy Omundson, and Maggie Lawson are equally wonderful. We also always really enjoy the mirroring/foreshadowing/lessons taught segment at the beginning of the show.

3. layli says

love the show. makes me laugh after a tough day. love the observation skills, partnership, friendship skills. Hard to find shows where characters really support each other.

4. Psych fan says

Love Psych! Finally one show that my whole family enjoys and I’m not worried about the content being family-friendly! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! What can I do to keep this type of programming available? Family-friendly and commercial-friendly TV viewing is becoming obsolete.

Possible new episode: Shawn and Gus explore a crime in a dirty, messy environment like the show, Dirty Jobs.

5. Psych_Fan_Abroad says

This show is great. I never watched the first 3 seasons until this year. I bought them since they were cheap to watch during all my travels. I was very impressed with the chemistry. I thought the season 4 finale was really well thought out. Just let Jules and Shawn get together and I will keep watching many more seasons.

6. says

Psych is the only show I even watch. It’s an amazingly creative, quick-witted, hilarious show with intellectual humor mixed with childish humor that makes you see life a lot more lightly. I love it. My band is even working on a rock/metal cover to the intro that we can send to them in hopes that they’ll be able to use it in an episode that may involve rock music. Misborn rocks as hard as Psych! Check out our website and our MySpace! We’re the only ones in the world… You can Google us.

7. janice says

I think psych is one of the best comedies of today and love the fact that my son can watch it and laugh and I don’t have to worry about most anything. If ever your writers could continue and keep this witty, snappy and fresh this could beat any record…make it for ten plus season and I’ll be watching all of them……keep ’em coming. The actors are awesome and Lassetor is funny he kin of reminds be of Barney Fife. I love James Roday and “Gus” they are awesome together and Julie can’t get a partner to any of them, Dad is good combo and like the funny when they were young scenario’s too. Way to go USA, only bad thing is Monk is gone loved that show as well. :)

8. Lojo says

We like Psych! We’ve become addicts. I love the characters, the smart writing and the frequent silliness, which I think we all need more of right now.

9. alicenwonderland says

I am a huge fan of Psych (Not a teenager thank you. Very sterotypical. ) Instead, I am a watcher who looks for good writing and excellent storytelling. While I agree season 4 had its bad and not so bad episoides, I trust the creators to give it another go in season 5 and perhaps get back to the witty and sharp writing of seaon 1 & 2. The strength of this show is in the chemistry of the actors and actresses and I think that coupled with better writing may help recreate the dragging storylines.