Psych: USA Drama Renewed for Season Five

Psych TV showUSA has decided to keep crimesolving duo Shawn (James Roday) and Gus (Dule Hill) together for another season.

The cable channel has renewed Psych for a fifth season. The cycle will be made up of 16 episodes and is expected to debut in Summer 2010.

But before that happens, viewers still have the second half of season four to look forward to. It kicks off on January 29th and will conclude on March 12th.

Once Monk concludes its run next week, Psych will become the channel’s longest-running scripted series that’s still on the air.

What do you think? Are you glad the the show’s continuing or do you think it’s time to end Psych? Anything you’d like to see the characters do in 2010?

Canceled and renewed TV show

72 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

The whole family loves Psych! We can’twait for the show to start again! We love the way that Shawn and Guss play off of each other! Awesome show need to advertise the show more!

2. Anonymous says

Appears USA has screwed the Pooch ~ Best darn`d show all the family could watch ; Whaut are they thinking ?? Bring them back NOW !!!!

3. cort graham says

In my opinion there wasn’t enough shows about the other characters, especially Gus. Besides that the show was great. Real good jokes. Very colorful villains. Extremely entertaining. If there’s a chance for you to keep the show going, I really think you should. For at least two or three more seasons.

4. Bibi says

I love PSYCH, it’s my favorite show ever…i can’t believe it’s cancelled, i’m soo soo sad to hear that. i could watch this show forever…it always makes my day

5. Gadget says

I absolutely LOVE this show. The chemistry with ALL of the characters are well done. The writers have done a wonderful job and hopefully it will continue for years to come.

6. mark says

I can’t believe Psych is cancelled. It is one of the few good shows on cable and unlike most series, Psych actually got better after the first couple years! It is unfortunate that the USA feels they need to pull the plug. Even if the ratings have dropped, it’s one of those shows that have die hard followers that should be plentiful enough to keep it running. I hope they reconsider, or a prime time channel picks them up.

7. Mitch says

I love this show!!! Keep it on the air!!! I love the writing and acting. Its amazing!! Im so ready for season 5 to kick off!!

8. Susan says

I only keep my TV cable because of this show. I love it! Watch the shows over and over. Clever writing, great fun references and wonderful interaction of Gus and Shawn. Love 1980 Shawn.

Totally underrated!!!!!

9. joyce says

I love that show!!! wouldn’t miss it! the very first episode I saw, it reminded me of Moonlighting (when that show was still great)..the sarcasm, the humor. great writing and acting