Raising Hope: FOX TV Series Renewed for Season Two

Raising HopeThough its sister show, Running Wilde, has just been officially cancelled, Raising Hope has been renewed for a second season. The FOX sitcom has benefited greatly by having a lead-in like Glee but loses a significant amount of those viewers. Still, the network is apparently satisfied with Raising Hope’s ratings. The 11 episodes that have aired thus far this season have averaged a 2.6 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic and 6.26 million total viewers.

Here’s the official announcement from the network…

FOX “RAISING HOPE” FOR SECOND SEASON

FOX has ordered a second season of the critically acclaimed comedy RAISING HOPE, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President, Entertainment for Fox Broadcasting Company.

“RAISING HOPE has emerged as a comedic standout: wickedly smart, hilarious and full of heart,” said Reilly. “Greg Garcia and his great cast have established an appointment show on Tuesday nights this season, and we’re confident it’s just the beginning of great things to come.”

“I’m happy that the show is getting another year,” said Garcia. “But the fact that I’ve been trying to think of a funny quote for the last two hours and this is the best I could come up with makes me a little nervous about Season Two.”

Season One of RAISING HOPE continues with all-new episodes Tuesday, Feb. 8 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Created by Emmy Award winner Greg Garcia, RAISING HOPE follows the Chance family as they find themselves adding an unexpected new member to their household. The series stars Lucas Neff, Martha Plimpton, Garret Dillahunt and Shannon Woodward. Cloris Leachman guest-stars as MAW MAW.

RAISING HOPE is produced by Amigos de Garcia Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Garcia serves as executive producer on the series.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear Raising Hope will be back for season two? What do you like or dislike about it?

DH March 24, 2011 at 5:50 pm

This is hands down the funniest thing on television in a long, long time. I don’t think enough people know about it. It’s not only a show that Glee audiences will enjoy, but also a show that folks who would never dream of watching Glee would also love!!! Nothing else like it on TV!!! LOVE IT!!!

ThinkB4uBugMe March 9, 2011 at 4:53 pm

LOVE the show! We all look forward to the wild humor and Characters. Can’t wait for the Season Series to come out on DVD!

Kurt February 15, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Yes! One of the best shows on tv

JENNY February 6, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I love it!! I’m so happy that “raising hope” is back!!!

cp February 5, 2011 at 6:42 pm

i agree with daniel…i really love this show, great writing and cast…which is why i thought it was cancelled (i’m still upset about arrested development also)…so glad we get at least one more season

Adam Decker February 2, 2011 at 11:11 am

I like this show. I only regret not getting into it sooner. Good news. Hopefully there will always be another good show to pair it with or it will get screwed over like Til Death.

zippy7 January 29, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I love this show. I am a fan of comedies, my husband is not – It is the first new comedy he has liked in 10 years. There is one joke in every episode that causes him to laughs out loud.

bunny lake January 27, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I had been wondering about the status of the show. Now I know. I am glad there are other fans too.

bunny lake January 27, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I really love the show. I am glad it’s back in Feb. I miss it!!

SilentBobFan January 25, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Yeah I love this show, can’t wait for season 2! “Girls are like the lottery, you can’t win if you don’t play.”

Anonymous January 24, 2011 at 6:15 pm

So happy its back…my family and I absolutely love that show!!!

Tania Jewel January 20, 2011 at 7:48 am

YES! I feared the show had been canceled then I found this site and learned the good news, new season starts Feb. 8 , I will be watching. It is delightfully different and full of surprises, good writing and acting.

admin January 20, 2011 at 7:56 am

@Tania Jewel: It was renewed for 2011-12. There are still new episodes left in this season.

Jan J. January 18, 2011 at 11:14 pm

This show is brilliant – I love it! The humor is wonderful and it is warm in its own weird and wacky way – thanks to the network for bringing it back! Martha Plimpton is so talented as are all the actors. Can’t wait to see what they come up with next!

Daniel January 18, 2011 at 9:22 am

Thank you! Most brilliant show since arrested developement(even after 5 years I’m still bitter that fox cancelled this show). Lol

Wiley January 17, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Soooo happy it’s back. It’s such a funny show and the humar is different that other sitcom shows. Also, I can never tell what’s going to happen next.

I’m glad it’s back