Rake: Cancelled Now? FOX Series Sent to Saturdays

Rake TV show canceled?A couple weeks ago, FOX shifted their low-rated Rake series to Friday nights. Now, the show is on the move again.

Rake follows a lawyer (Greg Kinnear) who tries to do good but just can’t seem to get beyond his numerous addictions that cause him so much trouble. The cast also includes John Ortiz, Necar Zadegan, Bojana Novakovic, David Harbour, Tara Summers, Miranda Otto, and Ian Colletti.

The series is being replaced by Kitchen Nightmares as of this Friday night. A rerun of the Gordon Ramsay series will lead into the one-hour series finale of Raising Hope at 9pm. Season six of Nightmares kicks off on April 11th.

Back-to-back episodes of Rake will air on Saturday, April 5th, starting at 8pm. That will leave one episode unaired — the sixth installment produced, titled “Mammophile.” No word on when or if that will see the light of day.

One thing is clear however. Despite the fact that FOX hasn’t cancelled it yet, there’s no way that Rake will be returning for a second season.

What do you think? Have you been watching the Rake TV series? Why do you think it hasn’t caught on?

Canceled and renewed TV show

526 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Frank Romo says

Who’s idea of this cancellation? The people who have this power of what goes and stays either haven’t viewed this program or are too self-involved. The timing of these characters is excellent, the story line is perfect, com-on, give it another chance…

2. Eddie says

I really don’t think the show has been given a chance…, take Breaking Bad for example started off slow and became massive. Ah well , what do I know.

3. Stevvie says

I absolutely loved this show. This is the first TV show that has caught my attention since Everybody Loves Raymond! TV is just dominated by trashy reality shows and sitcoms that leave me bored and looking for the remote. This show had it all! It was clever and funny and just plain interesting. I told all my friends and coworkers about it and got them all hooked after seeing just one episode. So why did it fail? Honestly?…..Because it aired on Fox. I’m sorry, but when was the last time Fox had a truly successful show? If this show had aired on NBC or ABC or funny CBS, it would have high ratings! If you want it to be successful, put it on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings. Fridays are date nights not couch potato nights. I truly hope one of the other networks picks up this show or TV is doomed. I’m sick of garbage reality shows that rot America’s brains. We need Rake!!

4. Rick says

Great show and story lines that left you hanging at the end that made you couldn’t wait until the next episode. They kept on changing the time slot so ended up watching the series on Hulu. I wonder if Hulu watchers are counted in the rating numbers?
    The last episode never made it to Hulu. Looked like an interesting one.

5. PQ says

I have been looking for this show! Can’t believe it has been canceled. Now there
    definitely isn’t anything to watch on Fox!

6. Michelle says

This show needs to be seen! Great storyline ,great comedy, and great cast. Try a different night please keep this show on. Nothing like it on TV.

7. Len C says

I love this show I am really surprise the thought of cancelling it ! I loved the actors
    Especially Greg Kinner ! Is there any way it can survive . When you have something good
    Going you leave it alone

8. Len C says

Especially Greg Kinner ! Is there any way it can survive

9. John says

I hate network television! Ratings are not a good gauge on how good a show is in the days of the DVR. Cancelling the best and original shows in favor another sad cooking show. Haven’t we got enough? Maybe a premium station will pick it upand I will pay if necessary.

10. carol says

rake is a great show and greg kinnear is great in it…PLEASE bring it back. it is one of the few shows on tv actually worth watching