Rake: Cancelled Now? FOX Series Sent to Saturdays

Rake TV show canceled?A couple weeks ago, FOX shifted their low-rated Rake series to Friday nights. Now, the show is on the move again.

Rake follows a lawyer (Greg Kinnear) who tries to do good but just can’t seem to get beyond his numerous addictions that cause him so much trouble. The cast also includes John Ortiz, Necar Zadegan, Bojana Novakovic, David Harbour, Tara Summers, Miranda Otto, and Ian Colletti.

The series is being replaced by Kitchen Nightmares as of this Friday night. A rerun of the Gordon Ramsay series will lead into the one-hour series finale of Raising Hope at 9pm. Season six of Nightmares kicks off on April 11th.

Back-to-back episodes of Rake will air on Saturday, April 5th, starting at 8pm. That will leave one episode unaired — the sixth installment produced, titled “Mammophile.” No word on when or if that will see the light of day.

One thing is clear however. Despite the fact that FOX hasn’t cancelled it yet, there’s no way that Rake will be returning for a second season.

What do you think? Have you been watching the Rake TV series? Why do you think it hasn’t caught on?

Frank Romo May 20, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Who’s idea of this cancellation? The people who have this power of what goes and stays either haven’t viewed this program or are too self-involved. The timing of these characters is excellent, the story line is perfect, com-on, give it another chance…

Marla M May 18, 2014 at 7:16 pm

I really enjoy this show. It’s one of my favorites…Please don’t cancel….

Eddie May 18, 2014 at 3:57 am

I really don’t think the show has been given a chance…, take Breaking Bad for example started off slow and became massive. Ah well , what do I know.

Stevvie May 17, 2014 at 3:11 pm

I absolutely loved this show. This is the first TV show that has caught my attention since Everybody Loves Raymond! TV is just dominated by trashy reality shows and sitcoms that leave me bored and looking for the remote. This show had it all! It was clever and funny and just plain interesting. I told all my friends and coworkers about it and got them all hooked after seeing just one episode. So why did it fail? Honestly?…..Because it aired on Fox. I’m sorry, but when was the last time Fox had a truly successful show? If this show had aired on NBC or ABC or funny CBS, it would have high ratings! If you want it to be successful, put it on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings. Fridays are date nights not couch potato nights. I truly hope one of the other networks picks up this show or TV is doomed. I’m sick of garbage reality shows that rot America’s brains. We need Rake!!

Rick May 17, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Great show and story lines that left you hanging at the end that made you couldn’t wait until the next episode. They kept on changing the time slot so ended up watching the series on Hulu. I wonder if Hulu watchers are counted in the rating numbers?
The last episode never made it to Hulu. Looked like an interesting one.

PQ May 15, 2014 at 7:56 pm

I have been looking for this show! Can’t believe it has been canceled. Now there
definitely isn’t anything to watch on Fox!

Michelle May 14, 2014 at 10:14 pm

This show needs to be seen! Great storyline ,great comedy, and great cast. Try a different night please keep this show on. Nothing like it on TV.

Len C May 14, 2014 at 6:23 pm

I love this show I am really surprise the thought of cancelling it ! I loved the actors
Especially Greg Kinner ! Is there any way it can survive . When you have something good
Going you leave it alone

Len C May 14, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Especially Greg Kinner ! Is there any way it can survive

millie May 13, 2014 at 11:09 pm

The cast is great and it’s a mix of comedy, law and outrages situations…please do not cancel…I love this show.

John May 13, 2014 at 9:43 pm

I hate network television! Ratings are not a good gauge on how good a show is in the days of the DVR. Cancelling the best and original shows in favor another sad cooking show. Haven’t we got enough? Maybe a premium station will pick it upand I will pay if necessary.

carol May 12, 2014 at 9:42 pm

rake is a great show and greg kinnear is great in it…PLEASE bring it back. it is one of the few shows on tv actually worth watching

Leepen May 12, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I love it and have been waiting for another episode!

Riya Reynolds May 11, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Great show would love to watch more episodes

Lu Lu May 10, 2014 at 3:35 pm

This is great show, great cast! Please don’t cancel it! So different, so fun