Rake: Cancelled Now? FOX Series Sent to Saturdays

Rake TV show canceled?A couple weeks ago, FOX shifted their low-rated Rake series to Friday nights. Now, the show is on the move again.

Rake follows a lawyer (Greg Kinnear) who tries to do good but just can’t seem to get beyond his numerous addictions that cause him so much trouble. The cast also includes John Ortiz, Necar Zadegan, Bojana Novakovic, David Harbour, Tara Summers, Miranda Otto, and Ian Colletti.

The series is being replaced by Kitchen Nightmares as of this Friday night. A rerun of the Gordon Ramsay series will lead into the one-hour series finale of Raising Hope at 9pm. Season six of Nightmares kicks off on April 11th.

Back-to-back episodes of Rake will air on Saturday, April 5th, starting at 8pm. That will leave one episode unaired — the sixth installment produced, titled “Mammophile.” No word on when or if that will see the light of day.

One thing is clear however. Despite the fact that FOX hasn’t cancelled it yet, there’s no way that Rake will be returning for a second season.

What do you think? Have you been watching the Rake TV series? Why do you think it hasn’t caught on?

Donna April 6, 2014 at 2:14 am

We love this show; it is so funny and off the wall. Kinear is so sexy and fun to watch! If it was on a different night than Friday or Saturday, it might do better. Many people go out on those nights. Please don’t cancel this show; it deserves another season! Networks are much too hasty about cancelling shows. There have been many that were great and cancelled too soon.

Donna April 6, 2014 at 2:04 am

This show is so off the wall and funny! Greg Kinnear is so fun to watch! I have no idea why it hasn’t got on yet, but deserves another season. Friday and Saturday nights just are not the best nights for most people to watch regularly; people go out to dinner and movies or etc. A week night on fox should do the trick like the following. Please do not cancel this great show!!!

john April 6, 2014 at 1:56 am

Its well made, don’t cancel it!!

Laurie Stutts April 6, 2014 at 1:32 am

I really love Rake. At least air the remaining episodes.

Ken April 6, 2014 at 1:30 am

i thought was a cute show, and the Kinnear is quite clever as the bumbling attorney

pumpkin April 6, 2014 at 1:16 am

obviously it’s good. Actually this is the first time I’ve ever discussed a tv show online like this.

I’d guess it’s just not a fox show. It’s more Showtime. It would have lasted there maybe, and could have had a bit more edge in the script which might have improved it further. It’s a little close in protagonist to californication to put on showtime.

But it’s a cable show, on fox it’s too sanitized for it’s own good, and the audience was pitched wrong. So it died. Bummer. It was very good.

Velliev April 6, 2014 at 1:07 am

As soon as I started enjoying a new show on Fox, I knew it would be canceled.

Kit April 6, 2014 at 1:06 am

Do not cancel; one of the funniest new shows

Jeni April 6, 2014 at 12:53 am

I started watching Rake because I like Greg Kinnear. I kept watching it because I wanted to find out how this charming, yet severely damaged, lawyer gets his next client acquitted. There were episodes where I actually talked to the television telling Kee to keep it in his pants for a change, or laughed out loud at his wit and legal tactics. I hope I see Keegan Deane make the right decision and not betray Ben…or Scarlet for that matter.

Suzanne April 6, 2014 at 12:45 am

Of course it will be canceled. I like it. How could it NOT be canceled. If I like it that pretty much ensures a cancellation.

Anonymous April 5, 2014 at 11:56 pm

We watched it & liked it. Funny & far out

Anonymous April 6, 2014 at 1:19 am

We really liked Rake … Too smart for most of America.that’s why it’ll get cancelled .Most people don’t get the humor

Maria April 6, 2014 at 8:50 am

Agreed. Key words…too smart for most of America. I’m including the money hungry suits at Fox as well.

Alissa April 5, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Please don’t end Rake, it’s my new favorite to watch. I had not heard of it and I watch Fox all the time. I saw Greg Kinear on a talk show and proceeded to watch all the episodes I had missed (on demand) then had it to be recorded on my DVR. I noticed recent time slot changes and wondered why. I think this is witty entertainment just what I need. Maybe another smart network will pick it up.

Kathy April 6, 2014 at 1:44 am

My husband and I absolutely adore this show and cannot believe it’s most likely being cancelled!!! It’s witty, funny, the writing is superb and Greg Kinear is terrific in it. Hopefully a cable network, which is more open to giving a show more time to gain an audience, will pick it up.

David Sheehan April 5, 2014 at 11:12 pm

All my favorite shows get cancelled too early; Freaks and Geeks, Firefly, now Rake :'(

Laurie April 5, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Please do not cancel this show!!! Saturday nights are a great time slot! Give it another chance….

Bibi April 5, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Please, we love to watch Rake. It’s funny and entertaining. The cast is perfect.
Give them another saison, you won’t regret it.

Bibi