Rake: Greg Kinnear TV Show Cancelled by FOX

Rake ratingsFOX has officially cancelled the Rake TV series. The news comes as no surprise and leaves the dark comedy with one episode unaired.

Rake follows a lawyer (Greg Kinnear) who tries to do good but just can’t seem to get beyond his numerous addictions that cause him so much trouble. The cast also includes John Ortiz, Necar Zadegan, Bojana Novakovic, David Harbour, Tara Summers, Miranda Otto, and Ian Colletti.

The show got off to a poor start on Thursday, January 23rd, and the ratings dropped lower in subsequent weeks. After seven episodes, the network sent the series to Friday night where the ratings got much worse — even by Friday night standards. FOX aired two more installments on a Saturday night and has yet to release the final episode.

What do you think? Do you think this show sould have been cancelled? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Rake?

Miguel July 9, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Great show FOX placed it on the wrong day.
It’s the network fault not the show.

Anonymous July 6, 2014 at 11:02 pm

VERY GOOD SHOW , RETHINK CANCELLATION !

Kayeto July 6, 2014 at 9:59 pm

was so excited to see my dvr had recorded a new rake episode only to find it was a rerun! didn’t even know it was canceled until researching it here. why is it the witty, fast paced intelligent shows are continually shut down and replaced with some cookie cutter 20 something buddy/sisters/roommate rehash of the same bad jokes? do the networks truly believe everyone has a 30 second attention span? Greg Kinnear is the greatest and I’m begging that someone… ANYONE pick up this show!!

Anonymous July 7, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Totally and completely agree!!!!

Elvis July 5, 2014 at 10:42 pm

One of the smarter shows on all if TV. I guess people don’t want to see a bad boy do good. Make Kinnear a serial killer, and I’m sure there would be season after season of it. I’m disappointed in Fox, but then that’s par for the course…

Linda July 5, 2014 at 8:57 pm

So excited to hear it was coming back to now see its cancelled. What a shame. Thought it was a great show

Mike Robertson July 5, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed the show, looked forward to it each week. I can’t believe that with the talent of Greg Kinnear, characters, subplots, and direction, that Fox wouldn’t try to build an audience rather than throw it out when it is clear that the slotting of this program was never established for growth.

marilyn willison July 5, 2014 at 10:08 am

I really loved rake–looked forward to every episode, and will REALLY miss it.

Hamma July 3, 2014 at 10:12 pm

They keep all this other crap on but cancel one of the best shows ever. It is so funny and love the characters. Please reconsider the cancellation.

ANONYMOUS July 3, 2014 at 7:45 pm

CAN’T BELIEVE THEY CANCELLED ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS I’VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME IT WAS EDGY AND FUNNY AND FULLY ENTERTAINING THINK THE SHOW GOT SHAFTED DUE TO TIME SLOT AND THAT SUCKS! MAYBE I WILL JUST STOP WATCHING THAT NETWORK ALL TOGETHER . COME ON PEOPLE WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO GET THIS SHOW BACK!!!!!

Hart July 1, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Loved the show! The problem with the ratings was probably because they kept moving the program around to different days! We kept thinking, what the heck?!?!? Leave it on one night and stop moving it around!! We would have missed it if we hadn’t set it to record….just like a lot of people probably did miss it. I hope another network picks it up!

Big V June 30, 2014 at 10:58 pm

I can’t believe it was cancelled. It was the best show going. Always a twist with every episode, only show since Seinfeld that I watched every time it aired. Fox please bring it back.

anonymous June 30, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Loved it!!!!! Best comedy in a while! SOOOOOO sad to see it go! disgusted & disappointed.

boomerfishdog June 29, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Loved this show. Sorry to see it go.

Mark June 29, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Enjoyed the characters. Too bad FOX moved it around to different nights for those viewers trying to get a better handle on the show. Yes, it was a bit silly, but it was enjoyable. Happy to know there was at least one more episode.

Anonymous June 29, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Rake was the best program on T-V! The executives at FOX must be really incompetent to not only have failed to get this show in the Top 10 rating category, but get it cancelled after one season. The show had it all, cast, writing and direction. What it didn’t have was a production team to promote the show.
I’d be curious to know how many of the top brass morons lost their job on this snafu. By the way, Rake was the only FOX show I watched!

Gemma June 30, 2014 at 9:59 am

I totally agree, Rake was one of the best shows on tv! I am disgusted!