Rake: Greg Kinnear TV Show Cancelled by FOX

Rake ratingsFOX has officially cancelled the Rake TV series. The news comes as no surprise and leaves the dark comedy with one episode unaired.

Rake follows a lawyer (Greg Kinnear) who tries to do good but just can’t seem to get beyond his numerous addictions that cause him so much trouble. The cast also includes John Ortiz, Necar Zadegan, Bojana Novakovic, David Harbour, Tara Summers, Miranda Otto, and Ian Colletti.

The show got off to a poor start on Thursday, January 23rd, and the ratings dropped lower in subsequent weeks. After seven episodes, the network sent the series to Friday night where the ratings got much worse — even by Friday night standards. FOX aired two more installments on a Saturday night and has yet to release the final episode.

What do you think? Do you think this show sould have been cancelled? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Rake?

Michele August 7, 2014 at 11:36 pm

I really loved the show and am so disappointed it was canceled! The showas lively, clever and sexy. Please bring back Rake!!!

Susie Stobo August 2, 2014 at 9:25 pm

I LOVED Rake and am really disappointed that it was cancelled. I too recorded it and watched it when i had the time but i really looked forward to it every week. Greg Kinnear is awesome (as always!) and the rest of the cast in amazing too. Please, someone, pick it back up!!

Bird August 2, 2014 at 11:09 am

Kept me laughing with all of its antics. Great cast too. Very likeable Kinnear. His character could get away with anything….or could he?? I guess we’ll never know.

Cindy August 1, 2014 at 10:09 pm

I liked the show…looked forward to it each week it was on. And I dont watch much television.

Thalma Williams July 31, 2014 at 8:12 am

I enjoyed Rake and am disappointed that it has not been renewed. I love Greg Kinnear, and I have become attached to the other main actors! I really hope it will be renewed. I think if there was more advertisement for it, more people would tune in and fall in love as well! I’m still hoping!

Dennis Price July 31, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Who is out there that can start a massive social media movement to
BRING RAKE BACK aka BRB

Dennis Price July 30, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Hopefully another network will pick it up, some shows take time to build a following. When you move a show around to different time slots or days viewers miss shows.
I never watched Seinfeld when it was on, when it went into syndication I started watching and have been hooked ever since.
BRING RAKE BACK

Troy July 30, 2014 at 12:50 am

Rake was fantastic! Loved the show and hate that it was cancelled. I hope they bring it back.

Manuel Robles July 30, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Rake was officially canceled prior to May and official canceled in a news letter in may, why is this getting posted now?

pdxster July 29, 2014 at 8:58 pm

No surprise that another high quality show with good actors and writing fails to make it. TV execs these days want instant success or the show is gone, no matter how good the shows are. Never get the time to develop a following. I look at those dumbed down reality shows that somehow seem to survive and just shake my head in disbelief.

jess July 29, 2014 at 4:22 pm

I want the show. Timing was bad but I recorded it and watched later

Ralph and Ruth July 26, 2014 at 10:19 pm

We loved RAKE……he is an interesting character, a good heart but has a couple flaws ie gambling and drinking. It was a relaxing and humorous hour of entertainment. We were just wondering when the next season starts and found out it has been cancelled. Please bring it back.

Elissa July 24, 2014 at 7:39 pm

I actually really likes the show. I love Greg Kinnear. The series started to grow on me so I’m bummed that was cancelled!!

Wali July 24, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Rake is awesome, sucks how everytime I get into a tv series it’s cancelled.. Yet all the weak a** shows prosper.. I also love the original British series rake.. I’m assuming fox based their show on it.. It’s on Netflix if anyone wants to check it out.. Hopefully fox brings rake back or another network picks up the series because it really is a great show..

Sandra July 23, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Both my husband and I loved Rake! It was a refreshing show with twisted humor! Too bad it is cancelled! Just like The Good Guys!

Pat Ellis July 21, 2014 at 10:03 pm

It seems every time a really good show comes on with good writing it is cancelled. Please reconsider and give it another chance. Look how long it took American Idol to catch on. I still can’t understand why The new adventures of old Christine was cancelled it was so funny, with good writing. Rake was our favorite show, Greg Kinnear is a huge talent, you were lucky to get him to be in the show.

Remar Elumbaring July 21, 2014 at 10:57 am

You network airing Rake! Don’t you DARE cut off Rake and leave us all HANGING!

We love the Show Rake! please give it another chance it takes a while sometimes to get people on board!! I love Greg Kinnear! His character is awesome the whole story is great!! July 21, 2014 at 11:52 am

Please give it one more chance!! Maybe Sundays we record it so it doesn’t matter when it’s on! We love this show! And all it’s characters!!! Greg is awesome Live him!!! Please don’t cancel it!!!!