Ravenswood: Cancelled, No Season Two for ABC Family Series

Ravenswood canceledABC Family has cancelled Ravenswood after one short season of 10 episodes. Though Pretty Little Liars is the cable channel’s biggest scripted series, the spin-off just never caught on.

Ravenswood follows a group of five young strangers who find their lives intertwined thanks to a deadly curse in a small Pennsylvania town. The cast includes Tyler Blackburn, Nicole Anderson, Britne Oldford, Brett Dier, Merritt Patterson, and Steven Cabral.

Debuting in late October, Ravenswood’s first episode drew a healthy 2.12 million viewers. However, many viewers must not have liked what they saw because only half as many tuned in for the second episode.

The cable channel tried to give the series a fighting chance by putting it on hiatus over the holidays and then by pairing it with Liars. That gave the show an initial boost but viewers fled once again the following week. The 10 episode season ended up averaging 1.29 million viewers.

The defacto series finale aired on February 4th.

What do you think? Did you like Ravenswood? Are you sorry there won’t be a second season?

Cathy July 28, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I loved this show.I couldn’t wait to see what happened next. I can’t believe you cancelled the show. It would have been the next big show. That’s what I think.

nicole July 28, 2014 at 1:23 am

We should all go here and continue to write to Abc and tell them how we feel about this show being canceled without a true ending.

lisa July 26, 2014 at 1:32 am

People are soo dumb this was a perfect show but no ppl now a days don’t. Know good shows . They rather watch stupid reality tv which we all know is fake . No good taste as a 15 year this piss me the fuck off I have no life and I need tv dumbass ppl

Lisa Bolton July 24, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I am so disappointed that the show is cancelled. I enjoyed the series and would like for it be brought back. Unfortunately we don’t have a vote. Family channel BRING it back. A fan.

Lacie July 17, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I am bummed this show won’t air again. I have been waiting for the second season to start. When I saw them bring Caileb back to pretty little liars, I looked it up to find out why it hadn’t been back only to find out that it had been canceled. Truly ruined my day.

Kim July 16, 2014 at 12:14 am

Loved the show so mad it won’t be back on was looking forword to whats was happing next

susan July 11, 2014 at 8:26 pm

PLEASE PLESE BRING BACK RAVENSWOOD…ITS AN AWESOME SHOW..THE BEST ON ABC FAMILY!!!!

monse July 11, 2014 at 8:52 am

ravenswood was very good show i loved it it was second to American horror story great actors too so yeah i will really like it back plz

Brooke July 10, 2014 at 11:31 pm

SO MAD. I LOVED RAVENSWOOD.

Kassidy July 10, 2014 at 8:34 pm

I loved Ravenswood and it was the only show I actually watched on ABC. It was really upsetting when it was just cancelled out of the blue especially since it ended with such a huge part. Thanks a lot ABC. Thanks.

Bri July 10, 2014 at 10:56 am

Ravenswood was the only show I watched on ABC family!! I even stopped watching Pretty Liars and only watched it when the had crossover episodes! PLEASE PLEASE bring Ravenswood back!!!!

Lauren July 9, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Please ABC bring back Ravenswood! Besides PLL, Twisted, Fosters and maybe SAB the rest of the shows on this channel are pretty lackluster! Ravenswood was spooky, thrilling and just plain good. PLEASE bring it back!

Mae July 9, 2014 at 3:20 pm

I really liked Ravenswood. Please bring it back!