Ravenswood: Cancelled, No Season Two for ABC Family Series

Ravenswood canceledABC Family has cancelled Ravenswood after one short season of 10 episodes. Though Pretty Little Liars is the cable channel’s biggest scripted series, the spin-off just never caught on.

Ravenswood follows a group of five young strangers who find their lives intertwined thanks to a deadly curse in a small Pennsylvania town. The cast includes Tyler Blackburn, Nicole Anderson, Britne Oldford, Brett Dier, Merritt Patterson, and Steven Cabral.

Debuting in late October, Ravenswood’s first episode drew a healthy 2.12 million viewers. However, many viewers must not have liked what they saw because only half as many tuned in for the second episode.

The cable channel tried to give the series a fighting chance by putting it on hiatus over the holidays and then by pairing it with Liars. That gave the show an initial boost but viewers fled once again the following week. The 10 episode season ended up averaging 1.29 million viewers.

The defacto series finale aired on February 4th.

What do you think? Did you like Ravenswood? Are you sorry there won’t be a second season?

Roelien April 16, 2014 at 10:32 am

Why? I watch it always and was looking at google for season 2 and then i read this..

I always needed to watch it online beceause in the netherlands its not on tv… abc don’t think only on the people who watch it on tv but also online!

(Sorry for my bad english!)

Marisa April 12, 2014 at 12:55 am

I’m so mad about Ravenswood! It was such a good show and kind of scary in a weird way but so addicting just like Pretty Little Liars!!!

Anonymous April 8, 2014 at 10:43 am

I am very upset about ravenswood being canceled. Yes I do watch pll but look forward to ravenswood after. I could care less Caleb not being with Hanna bc she was becoming interested in someone else. ABC needs to give ravenswood a few more seasons to either end it or see how many people actually watch it. Bc many may record it, watch it online, or netflix. It’s really bothersome to not know the ending; like when your teacher would read a book and leave you hanging to go read it yourself. We have no way of finding out if Miranda and Caleb are able to break the curse.

Betty Sexton March 29, 2014 at 12:01 am

Thank you Ashley! i feel the same bout both shows and books

Nicole March 28, 2014 at 2:16 am

TV is so freaking irritating…the least they could do is tell how it all was supposed to end, otherwise is was all a huge waste of time. And this is why I read books, unless the author dies or gets sick, you usually get an ending and not a cliffhanger. Now I never get to know if the curse gets broken and who was in league with the scary demon guy.

Ashley March 26, 2014 at 12:25 am

Im so sad!!! I was just googling to see when it was coming back and I find this out?! I thought it was soooo interesting and unique! I couldn’t wait to find out what happened to Caleb and Miranda. Seriously sad. Why do all the dumb shows stay and good ones get cancelled?! This is the same sadness I felt when I found out bunheads got canned.