Ravenswood: Cancelled, No Season Two for ABC Family Series

Ravenswood canceledABC Family has cancelled Ravenswood after one short season of 10 episodes. Though Pretty Little Liars is the cable channel’s biggest scripted series, the spin-off just never caught on.

Ravenswood follows a group of five young strangers who find their lives intertwined thanks to a deadly curse in a small Pennsylvania town. The cast includes Tyler Blackburn, Nicole Anderson, Britne Oldford, Brett Dier, Merritt Patterson, and Steven Cabral.

Debuting in late October, Ravenswood’s first episode drew a healthy 2.12 million viewers. However, many viewers must not have liked what they saw because only half as many tuned in for the second episode.

The cable channel tried to give the series a fighting chance by putting it on hiatus over the holidays and then by pairing it with Liars. That gave the show an initial boost but viewers fled once again the following week. The 10 episode season ended up averaging 1.29 million viewers.

The defacto series finale aired on February 4th.

What do you think? Did you like Ravenswood? Are you sorry there won’t be a second season?

Alexis November 22, 2014 at 10:53 am

PLEASE BRING IT BACK ! You can’t just start a season and get all of our hopes up for this amazing new series and then take it all away because it’s not a huge hit

Jovon November 12, 2014 at 7:34 pm

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE BRING RAVENSWOOD BACK!!!!! I love that show , sitting waiting on the return and to find out you cancel it smh

cathy November 10, 2014 at 8:27 am

I hate it when they cancel shows like that. And I really love Ravenswood. I don’t like pll.

Dinel Hollerbach November 8, 2014 at 11:35 pm

This is crazy!!! Ravenswood was one of my favorite shows. Why compare with Liars..give the show a chance to stand on it’s own two feet. We have a Liars, why not a Ravenswood? I never missed one episode and was greatly looking forward to the second season. Not to impressed with the network. Just because if doesn’t gross the same as Liars, you discontinue it…we hello not going to gross that much when it’s a new show with a new layout nothing like Liars…it was an awesome show, PLEASE GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE!!!!!!!

Letitia Cook November 9, 2014 at 1:56 am

I so agree w/ you Dinel as well as all other comments made about Ravenswood. This should never have been cancelled but its already been done. A little bit of closure was given on Liars but I do not like the route they have Caleb following w/ alcohol because he could not deal w/ what happened in Ravenswood. The writers are slowly destroying a great character and actor. I am a 47 year old follower of both shows and truly want Ravenswood back.

Sunflower November 11, 2014 at 10:08 am

Yes they should but they won’t.

Melissa November 5, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Please tell me this is a joke!!! That was a awesome show. I’m hooked and you took it down!