Ravenswood: Cancelled, No Season Two for ABC Family Series

Ravenswood canceledABC Family has cancelled Ravenswood after one short season of 10 episodes. Though Pretty Little Liars is the cable channel’s biggest scripted series, the spin-off just never caught on.

Ravenswood follows a group of five young strangers who find their lives intertwined thanks to a deadly curse in a small Pennsylvania town. The cast includes Tyler Blackburn, Nicole Anderson, Britne Oldford, Brett Dier, Merritt Patterson, and Steven Cabral.

Debuting in late October, Ravenswood’s first episode drew a healthy 2.12 million viewers. However, many viewers must not have liked what they saw because only half as many tuned in for the second episode.

The cable channel tried to give the series a fighting chance by putting it on hiatus over the holidays and then by pairing it with Liars. That gave the show an initial boost but viewers fled once again the following week. The 10 episode season ended up averaging 1.29 million viewers.

The defacto series finale aired on February 4th.

What do you think? Did you like Ravenswood? Are you sorry there won’t be a second season?

Jessica Lussier September 18, 2014 at 10:56 pm

I watched Ravenswood everytime it was on and dvrd it so I could rewatch it. It was a great spin off and I would like to see it come back. Give it another chance please.

ashley September 18, 2014 at 8:56 pm

I really liked ravenswood wish there was another season. this really sucks

Hannah Ryan September 14, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Solution for the ABC Family people who lacked viewers on Ravenswood. When you finish pretty little liars bring back ravenswood but try to restart everything.

Anonymous September 12, 2014 at 3:49 am

this is fucking shit! now I’ll never know what happened. fuck yous!

Lissa September 7, 2014 at 12:19 pm

I wish they would have made just made 1 extra episode to give us complete closure! It’s very upsetting not knowing all the details.

Anonymous September 1, 2014 at 3:09 am

I loved ravenswood I thought it was and amazing show and it had so much potential!!! It was a great thing. I was do sad when I found out it wasn’t coming back!!! I’ve been waiting to see what happenes next. They always cancel shows that I think are amazing and I would love to see it got brought back!!!!!!!!

Emre Can ─░rez August 24, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Why did they cancel it? I thought their ratings are well. Looks like they are gonna continiue their work in PLL.

Sunflower August 25, 2014 at 11:33 am

It seems that is the only show ABC Family cares about and since they cancelled Ravenswood why can’t we buy season 1 on DVD?????

Anonymous August 11, 2014 at 2:02 am

Can’t believe ravenswood was cancelled I loved it and was waiting for the second season I was wanting to know what happened next it was a show that kept you on your toes.

gaby August 10, 2014 at 2:13 pm

why won’t they put another season and they can’t just cancel it some people probably loved that show (me) ii really liked hit and then they just cancel i was looking forward to seeing more i really want it to come back . and if they are going to cancel don’t leave it on a cliff hanger thats just rude i rREALLY LOVE THIS SHOW I GOT REALLY INTO IT BUT
why cancel THEY SHOULD MAKE A SEASON 2 AND SEE IF its popular cuz i BET it is please make another season

Roxanne August 7, 2014 at 9:11 pm

I can’t believe that there won’t be another season! I liked Ravenswood. The way they introduced the spin off was well thought out and planned. I would like to have seen where they were going to take it.