Ravenswood: New ABC Family Drama; Cancel or Keep It?

ravenswood cancel or keep?Last Tuesday, ABC Family unveiled their long-awaited spin-off of Pretty Little Liars — Ravenswood. Liars is the cable channel’s highest-rated drama. Will Ravenswood also be a hit or could it be cancelled after one season instead?

A mystery/thriller series, Ravenswood revolves around a group of five young people in a small town in Pennsylvania. They become connected thanks to a deadly and mysterious curse. The cast includes Tyler Blackburn, Nicole Anderson, Britne Oldford, Brett Dier, Merritt Patterson, and Steven Cabral.

The show premiered to 2.12 million viewers and a 0.90 rating in the 18-49 demographic. Though this wasn’t as strong as the special episode of Liars that preceded it (3.18 million and a 1.4 demo rating), it was still very good.

Unfortunately, Ravenswood plummeted in its second week and lost nearly half of its viewers. Last night’s episode brought just 1.1 million and a 0.5 rating. That’s lower than Twisted, The Fosters, and Switched at Birth.

Bunheads and Jane by Design rarely fell that low and were both cancelled. Will Ravenswood follow? At the moment, things aren’t looking so good.

But, what do you think? Do you like Ravenswood? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Rich August 14, 2014 at 9:11 am

Please put Ravenswood back on TV I loved this show

Chris April 16, 2014 at 8:25 am

Keep Ravenswood going! I like it a-lot and many do too! I watched nothing else when that was on. Supernaural stuff is my favorite thing in the world.

ivana February 19, 2014 at 3:48 am

Keeeeeeeeep!! even in holland we love that show!! <3

Paula Perkins February 19, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I say keep Ravenswood for sure! I love the show. Give it a chance.

kay February 18, 2014 at 5:57 pm

They already cancelled the show. .

Paula Perkins February 18, 2014 at 12:24 am

I think it should be renewed. I love it!

Holly February 13, 2014 at 12:45 am

Keep it I think it could be a great show unless you come back and wrap it up so at least there is an ending to it.

haysug February 11, 2014 at 9:26 pm

KEEP!!!! This show got me watching other shows on ABC Family!!

Amanda February 10, 2014 at 3:59 am

KEEEP!!! definitely Keep! I like how it was a spin off from pretty little liars just as much as I like the show!! Ravenswood is a good show. Its definitely different! which is just what some people might just like!

Justine February 6, 2014 at 3:00 am

Call it a day for Ravenswood!!! Incorporateing the stars of PLL into the show for guest appearances time from time is only a band aid. Their best bet would be to transition Caleb right back to PLL full time and try to forget that this whole Ravenswood thing ever happened!! It was a good effort!!

Anonymous February 5, 2014 at 1:01 am

Hate Ravenswood. It’s so corny. Cancel it. Send Caleb back to PLL!!!

barbarann February 4, 2014 at 11:29 pm

keep ravenswood very very good show.i look forward for each time it;s now.DON’T CANCEL IT AT ALL

Amanda February 4, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Please keep it! I reAlly enjoyed it every week and looked forward to it coming on. I’ve never seen pretty little liars but ravenswood looks more interesting to me than that show does. Would love to keep watching it and see what else could happen. Hanna left without Caleb and the old Caleb came back to Miranda we must find out what happens with both of them and if the truth about Luke and Olivia’s dad’s death is ever revealed can’t just leave it hanging!

Amanda A February 10, 2014 at 4:03 am

you should definitely watch Pretty Little Liars you will like it to its an awesome show!

Melinda Ehrhardt February 4, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I say keep Ravenswood going, I love that show so much, it is a very good show and yea it does have supernatural stuff in it, which I think that what makes the show so great, so yes please keep it