Ravenswood: New ABC Family Drama; Cancel or Keep It?

ravenswood cancel or keep?Last Tuesday, ABC Family unveiled their long-awaited spin-off of Pretty Little Liars — Ravenswood. Liars is the cable channel’s highest-rated drama. Will Ravenswood also be a hit or could it be cancelled after one season instead?

A mystery/thriller series, Ravenswood revolves around a group of five young people in a small town in Pennsylvania. They become connected thanks to a deadly and mysterious curse. The cast includes Tyler Blackburn, Nicole Anderson, Britne Oldford, Brett Dier, Merritt Patterson, and Steven Cabral.

The show premiered to 2.12 million viewers and a 0.90 rating in the 18-49 demographic. Though this wasn’t as strong as the special episode of Liars that preceded it (3.18 million and a 1.4 demo rating), it was still very good.

Unfortunately, Ravenswood plummeted in its second week and lost nearly half of its viewers. Last night’s episode brought just 1.1 million and a 0.5 rating. That’s lower than Twisted, The Fosters, and Switched at Birth.

Bunheads and Jane by Design rarely fell that low and were both cancelled. Will Ravenswood follow? At the moment, things aren’t looking so good.

But, what do you think? Do you like Ravenswood? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Kiarael December 9, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Cancel it!

Pam December 5, 2013 at 8:49 pm

PLEASE KEEP IT!!!
Abc family cancels to many shows
That R good .. U don’t give any new shows
A Chance !! So PLEASE KEEP IT !!!!

klnacxkasn December 2, 2013 at 11:31 pm

I think they should keep it, I mean, I was kinda pissed off about Miranda dying in the second episode and becoming a ghost (who kills off a main character that early?!) but I think although it’s not very good now, it has the potential to become a hit!

Anonymous December 5, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Please keep it!!! Don’t get rid of another good show!!!
Love it so please…. KEEP IT !!!

T November 20, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Please KEEP IT!!!

acb family November 20, 2013 at 11:36 am

I agrwe with cancelling. It’s not too bad but the breaking up of two major characters of PLL drags the show down. Not only this but I’ve watch a few episode and none are very engaging. Mind you I love mistery and supernatural show so to not feel interestef it’s very disappoining.

cancel it November 20, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I agree with you about canceling this show. I hate this show and this show have nothing to do with pll at all. I do not like Miranda and Caleb relationship at all either because Haleb is the best.

yvonne November 19, 2013 at 1:01 pm

I agree they shouldn’t cancel ravenswood its actually decent unlike some other shows that came out this year like ‘the crazy ones’ wtf is up with that shit?
plus another one their trying to cancel is once upon a tine in wonderland -_-
These shows arnt all about graphics!! Wonderland is about believing in true love
@.@
I mean Anastasia and knave went for love, Alice went for someone to believe in her but found love so than she went for love @.@
But anyways these shows shouldn’t be canceled cause people don’t know good taste!

Roxy November 13, 2013 at 6:03 pm

KEEP IT

sandra November 13, 2013 at 5:34 pm

please keep ravenswood it is an awesome show i love it

Marvin November 7, 2013 at 4:47 am

Its too early to say, but for me “YES KEEP IT” because of the great & mysterious story that it has and it really captivated my mind and interests.

Linda November 2, 2013 at 8:15 am

Keep it I am not in the demo graphic but love it anyway. PLL is my fav show and Ravenswood is next I am sure it will be all I expected from ABC Family.

Saying November 1, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Luke is the best actor, he is the loner..the series is fine for kids and should continue..

Sam October 31, 2013 at 7:55 pm

NOO! I love this show. Why do all the creative idea shows get cancelled and we keep getting more of the same boring sitcoms! NOT FAIR!

hmm October 31, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Tyler is a good actor, he is not the problem…

Alison October 31, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Trying to launch a show with a bad actor(Tyler Blackburn) and bad character (Caleb) is not really a wise idea.
The rest of the cast is equally boring, with Nicole Gale Anderson being the only somewhat bright spot in an otherswise dull and lifeless group of teens and their parents.
Without PLL as a lead in, it’s showing how few people give a crap about it and I hope it gets cancelled soon, so the producers can stop spreading themselves so thin and focus on PLL only.

Ron October 30, 2013 at 9:09 pm

FLOP written all over it,that is what abc family get for cancelling The Lying Game

bg October 31, 2013 at 4:38 am