Ready for Love: Cancelled, Replaced by Grimm

Ready for Love canceled?NBC has given Ready for Love the boot. The network has dumped the dating series and announced that they’re moving Grimm to Tuesdays at 10pm, beginning April 30th. A two hour version of The Voice will fill the 8-10pm timeslots on that night (as previously planned).

Grimm will remain on Tuesday nights through May 21st. Dateline will take over Grimm’s spot on Friday nights for the forseeable future.

It’s unknown if or when NBC will get around to airing the remaining episodes of Ready for Love. If the network still airs this Tuesday night’s installment, they’ll have five episodes leftover. The finale had been set for May 28th.

What do you think? Are you hoping to see the rest Ready for Love? Are you sorry to hear that NBC is pulling it?

Why Watch April 22, 2013 at 12:36 pm

This Love show didn’t deserve the time on the air. And why move Grimm to Tuesday, Friday is a better slot for these types of shows. Grimm is a somewhat niche show, but has a loyal following on Friday.
Looks like there’s nothing left to watch on Friday. I’m getting a lot of reading done.

Jen April 21, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I think canceling after two episodes is far too soon. Given time, shows attract viewers. I would like to see it continue for its entirety.

Vicky April 21, 2013 at 10:00 pm

If the remaining episodes do not air, it will be nice to learn the outcomes. I an invested in the guys’ stories. I hope the five episodes can air soon.

JESG April 21, 2013 at 1:08 pm

This is just crap i mean i really dont like dating reality shows but hell! this is better than the bachelor crap. NBC already spent money on this show and they already finished shooting and all that crap so why not see it until the end? the show could turn out to be a hit at the end and it might not but what are they going to lose? nothing! the only thing they’re going to lose is the money they already spent if they’re cancelling the show

video err April 20, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Yay for Grimm

NYREE April 20, 2013 at 1:15 pm

GRIMM IS MY SHOW SO IT BETTER STAY ON THE AIR!!!!!

Jacqueline April 20, 2013 at 11:11 am

What a rash, impulsive, and moronic decision! The finale was set for May 28 -a little more than a month away. The episodes have already been filmed. The money NBC cares so much, and apparentlybexclusively for, has already been spent. Why not let the season run its course? What’s the rush? As sombody here already said, some of the greatest shows would never have survived with the current NBC management. I’ve never watched The Bachelor/ette, nor will I. The only “reality” show I watch is The Voice. That’s why and how I stayed put for Ready for Love. It’s fluff, sure. Most shows outside of PBS, NGC and Animal Planet are. Maybe ratings weren’t great, but, again, what’s the rush?? NBC, let the season end normally!

robycop3 April 20, 2013 at 5:26 am

‘Twas garbage from the start-never shoulda aired at all.

laura April 20, 2013 at 1:57 am

Despite it cancelled I want to see the outcome.

The Blue Rose April 20, 2013 at 12:58 am

“Reality” love match games have been around since TV was born. It’s a hit or miss market and this one was a BIG miss

Brenda April 20, 2013 at 12:11 am

I think NBC has no idea how to program. Moving Grimm to Tuesday? Really? Stupid! What ever happened to having a program to watch on the weekends? Dateline, so I can learn about why some a-hole murederd someone. Thrilling. Shows like Grimm are fantasy. But Dateline or shows like Hannibal are or could be real. Enough already. Guess we’ll have to go to rentals again. Friday nights ans Saturdays too, used to be a fun night to watch TV and movies run on network. But not any more.

And why cancel a show after two runs? You never even give a new show a chance to catch viewers. What would have happened to shows like Cheers or Frazier had they not run past a few shows? Those hugely famous shows and others would have been canceled because of low ratings.

Also, why should we viewers invest our time in a new show just to have it CANCELLED and never know what happens? Sick of this era of programming. Cancel the executives running this mess. Look at the past for success.

Tha Critic April 19, 2013 at 11:39 pm

I can’t say that I’m disappointed, because I am not. No reality shows, no problem.

Marion April 19, 2013 at 9:41 pm

GLAD to see it go. can’t stand shows like that. I am hooked on grimm, the voice monday and tuesdays are nbc nights for me.

Anonymous April 23, 2013 at 3:12 am

I agree about The Voice! I love Dateline. I have not seen Grimm. Will have to try it!

Sarah April 19, 2013 at 8:34 pm

NBC is just so stupid. I hate these kinds of shows, but it’s a hell of a lot better than Bachelor crap. Not that this isn’t crap, it is…. but it was more something I could tolerate. Why do they even release stuff anymore? Even a bad show 2 episodes isn’t sufficient to know it’s not worth it. I think they forget people like myself have gotten rid of “cable” and only use Hulu for their shows. I can’t say it was a good show, but I would choose it any day over the bachelor and survivor and whatever model show is on.

LJCM April 19, 2013 at 6:02 pm

So glad to see Grimm getting some love. I hope it does even better on Tuesday nights!