Reaper

ReaperNetwork: The CW
Episodes: 31 (hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: September 25, 2007 — May 26, 2009
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Bret Harrison, Tyler Labine, Rick Gonzalez, Missy Peregrym, Ray Wise, Andrew Airlie, Valerie Rae Miller, Donavon Stinson, Christine Willes, Allison Hossack, Ken Marino, Jessica Stroup, Colby Johannson, Michael Ian Black, Lucy Davis, Kandyse McClure, Kyle Switzer, Jill Teed, Marci T. House, Scott Patey, Jack D. Smith, and David Flemming

reaper past TV show

TV show description:
Sam Oliver (Bret Harrison) is a college dropout and a typical slacker. He has a dead-end job at the local Work Bench (a Home Depot-like store), working alongside his lazy best friend, Bert “Sock” Wysocki (Tyler Labine); Ben (Rick Gonzalez); and attractive Andi Prendergast (Missy Peregrym), whom Sam has a crush on. They work under Ted (Donavon Stinson), the store’s pompous manager.

Sam is a slacker who lives at home with his parents (Andrew Airlie and Allison Hossack) and his younger brother Kyle (Kyle Switzer). He always wondered why his parents were so easy on him while they were so hard on Rolly. It all becomes clear on his 21st birthday when it’s revealed that Sam’s parents promised the soul of their firstborn child to the Devil if he would save Sam’s father’s life. The couple intended to cheat by never having children but the Devil tricks them by having their doctor tell them they were infertile.

The debonair Satan (Ray Wise) appears to Sam and explains that he must serve as his bounty hunter and return escaped evil souls back to Hell. If he refuses, his mother’s soul will be forfeited. With the help of Sock and Ben, Sam tracks down and captures the supernatural refugees while keeping his new job a secret from his crush Andi.

Sam sends the souls back to Hell by delivering the escapees in a vessel of some kind (usually a household item) to Gladys (Christine Willes), a dour demon who works at the local DMV office.

Kylie January 4, 2013 at 11:24 am

I LOOOVE REAPER. It was never promoted when it was actually on air, but Netflix made me absolutely adore it. I’m referring everyone to this show. This plot is excellent. I mean, really? All the actors are a total match for their positions, why do this to us? It is a FANTASTIC show.

Cronos September 8, 2012 at 8:15 am

I love the show!Reaper…I want u can back…I love u so much!!!

jason June 20, 2012 at 12:28 am

why would do this to people mind struck and then smack us in the face by canceled reaper how stupid can you be it would be smart to bring back reaper don’t be dum now bring reaper back the people wanted give the people what we want reaper back

techn9cian June 16, 2012 at 11:05 am

Put reaper back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the devil April 9, 2012 at 9:34 am

put reaper back on this is bs how do u show two seasons and than cancel it leaving evryone mind boggled not knowing wat is goin to happend u killd the show and evry ones interest in it and the tv station i will tell u what bring reaper back and il play a role in it

Ann April 23, 2011 at 12:40 pm

3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous April 14, 2011 at 11:10 am

Bring Back Reaper!!!

fran March 21, 2011 at 11:28 am

BRING BACK REAPER!!!

hooked July 29, 2009 at 8:35 pm

my children and i love this show why would you cancle a show that a whole family would watc h together

Ian Stewart July 3, 2009 at 10:48 am

great show – why oh why would you want to cancel one of the most original and funny programs – jesus some of those tv executives must live in their own little world.

rich June 2, 2009 at 11:43 am

Liked the show it was funny.

Teena Peterson May 24, 2009 at 5:49 pm

I love reaper and look forward to seeing it .I am 50 yrs old and i’m sure there is more people out there my age who could use a fun laugh you get from this show .Please bring it back;

Becky March 24, 2009 at 6:51 pm

There are only a few tv shows that my husband and I watch together. Reaper is one of those shows. We are middle-aged, hardworking, professionals who get a kick out of the evilness of the devil, the hilariousness of Sock, and the contrasting niceness and seriousness of Sam. The devil’s other son, Morgan, was a great addition. Please start a petition to save this show.

Max March 18, 2009 at 7:26 pm

It seems most networks these days (despite their efforts) have no clue what people really want…. Reaper/Moonlight/robin hood all good shows… reaper is great and it draws a different croud it is really a lovable cast/crew. good script. keep it up

Caf October 9, 2008 at 11:39 am

This show is so awesome! Reaper always makes me laugh, OUT LOUD!! Love the show and hope it comes back next season, I’ve been looking for it on CW and I miss it. Bring it back, please?