Reba: A Last Minute Cancellation?

The cast of Reba, that may have been cancelledIt just goes to show, there’s no such thing as “a sure thing” in Hollywood. While shows like Gilmore Girls and Everwood have been nervously wondering if they were going to be renewed, the cast and crew of Reba McEntire’s Reba could just relax. After all, the show is the highest rated sitcom on the WB and besides, the show was renewed for two seasons last year. No worries, right?

Not so. When the UPN/WB merger was announced earlier this year, it’s said that CBS’ leader Les Moonves sent word that the new CW network would honor the rest of the two-year commitment. With that in mind, the Reba cast and crew wrapped their shooting according to schedule on March 14, 2006.

In a surprising move a few weeks later, CW executives reportedly told Fox (who produces the show) that they wanted to cancel the deal because the show doesn’t attract their “desired demographic.” Fox supposedly rejected the request and it’s likely that if the CW still wants out, it will come at a costly price.

The season finale of Reba (episode 112 and entitled “Reba’s Heart”) aired on May 5, 2006. It was originally shot as a cliffhanger but after word of the potential cancellation was released, the episode was re-edited.

Though Reba has not been officially cancelled, it would be surprising to see it on the CW Fall schedule. Still, it is the highest-rated sitcom on the WB and the similarly rated 7th Heaven was cancelled, aired a series finale, and has now been resurrected and renewed for Fall. So, as I said, there’s no such thing as a sure thing in Hollywood. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

92 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. jesus daniel santana says

another thing why would the cast of reba cancle the show, everyone in the world loves reba DON’T CANCLE IT !!!!!!…………

2. jesus daniel santana says

i am only 12 years old and love to watch reba , i really want to see the 7th season don’t cancle it please i watch reba shows since i was 9 years old

3. stephens says

i was so upset about confirming this information with a google search…
    Reba was a after school show that my son and i looked forward to watching.
    The reruns are watched over and over and it never fails there is always “belly” laughter. I dont understand the networks? This was a clean show and it took families away from their everday grind and put us into their (Reba) world.

It’s a real shame this was a great! show.

Thanks! for the shows Reba and the cast of Reba, it was a very funny six years.
    My son could not get enough of Van, very funny guy!

y son could not get

4. Amanda says

All the times i watched Reba i always wanted Brock and BJ to get divorced and have Reba and him get back together…even thought that did not happen i think that it would be a huge mistake to cancel Reba.

5. Cherrise says

please don’t cancel reba i am a 11 year old girl and i record every episode of reba channel 11 @4 &4:30 channel 51@6&6:30 channel 51@8&8:30 please dont when i found out they might i was depressed for so long

6. marisol says

Please don’t cancel reba. It one of my favorite show it is the only show that I see I Love it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

7. Diane Angoletti says

Wheres Reba? I will never watch your network,unless you put Reba back on. Good clean & funny for every age.
    Diane Angoletti

8. says

I can’t believe that Reba has been canceled. Although I have been watching reruns with my parents (I’m 21; my parents are in their 60s), I would like to see something done with this show: perhaps a movie?

9. Joyce says

I am 24 years old and am a military wife and a mother…and I sure do hope and pray you all bring back Reba…that show is so funnny and witty and each character is someone you can easily relate to… It’s a shame that they want to cancel it…My husband even likes watching it with me..Well I protest..Bring Back Reba! Reba! Reba! Reba! Reba! Reba! Reba! Reba!

10. Jill And Julia says

Whoever thought to cancel this show is a mean no- hearted pathetic degrateing idiot- this show reflected apon my life. Once it was cancelled my whole life fell apart :( please bring back the show !!

11. Amber says

hey this is amber im 19 and i love reba she is my favorite singer and actress please whatever u do bring her back on u have soem mad ppl cause of this bring her back please

12. Paul says

PLEASE BRING REBA BACK ON FEB 18 REBA WAS CANCLED MY MOTHER CRIED BACAUSE MY MOM NEVER HAS ANY TIME TO WATCH TV BECAUSE OF HER JOB AND MY SISTER AND I SO PLEASE IF THE CW DOSENT WANT TO AIR IT ANY MORE THAN A GOOD CHANNEL LIKE FOX SHOULD PICK IT UP