Reckless: New CBS TV Show; Cancel or Keep for Season Two?

Reckless TV show on CBS: canceled or season 2?Legal and crime dramas are a big part of the CBS schedule during the year. This summer, the network started airing another one — Reckless. Has this new TV show been a ratings success? Will it be renewed for a second season or, will it be cancelled instead?

Reckless revolves around a beautiful litigator from the north and a charming southern attorney who must hide their intense mutual attraction as a police sex scandal erupts in Charleston, South Carolina. The TV show’s cast includes Cam Gigandet, Anna Wood, Shawn Hatosy, Georgina Haig, Adam Rodr√≠guez, Michael Gladis, Kim Wayans, and Gregory Harrison.

The series debuted in late June to just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.99 million total viewers. That was a very poor start for a scripted series — even one that airs during the summer months when expectations are lower.

Reckless’ ratings have held fairly steady and have even seen some slight improvements at times. That’s positive but the series is still the network’s lowest-rated summer series — by far. With such low ratings, it’s hard to imagine that CBS will consider renewing Reckless for a second season.

For now, CBS has only scheduled 10 of the 13 episodes. Hopefully for the loyal fans, all of the episodes will air and the series will have a satisfying conclusion.

But, what do you think? Do you like the Reckless series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

stacy bourne September 17, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Please renew Reckless!! I love the storyline and the twist at the end really surprised me!! I also like the southern charm of the show and the season finale was a great cliff hanger! The show needs to be given a chance to succeed! I hate reality TV!! This was a great show that I looked forward to watching on Sunday evening!!

Angela Pool September 17, 2014 at 10:38 pm

I love the show renew Renew Renew!!!!!!!!¬°

Anonymous September 17, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Love it

Darryl Kingman September 17, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Dont cancel Reckless. Great show, hope it continues. Was not given a fair shot, got interrupted several times, so showing came off at different times. I think would go over well in the winter time in a good time slot.

Lee-Ann September 17, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Please keep this show on the air….it was interesting in the beginning and the plot has really picked up with some surprising turns… hope to see the next chapter soon..

Monica September 17, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Loved Reckless! Please have a season 2. Best guilty pleasure.

Rachael September 17, 2014 at 9:39 pm

It would have had better ratings for the finale if it wasn’t bumped by the football game. We had to watch it on my laptop because it wasn’t shown in full on tv.

Rachael September 17, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Love the show. Keep it going !!!

Laurie September 17, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Think this is a great series needs to be renewed,there are too many cliffhanger left. My husband and I both like this show with the plot twist the sexual tension between Roy and Jamie. Every show that we have like have been cancelled please don’t cancel another

Bonnie Horner September 17, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Please keep Reckless I enjoy the tension between them and the southern background of the series. So many shows are violent or don’t have a story line. I have really enjoyed it.

Kat September 17, 2014 at 7:51 pm

I LOVED RECKLESS. It was the only show that I followed this summer. I don’t watch a lot of TV in the summer so I only stumbled across it. Perhaps CBS should do a better job promoting it. Bring on season 2!!