Red Widow: Cancelled by ABC, No Season Two

Red Widow canceledMarta Walraven (Radha Mitchell) won’t have to worry about working for the mob for a second season. Red Widow has been cancelled by ABC after one season and eight episodes.

Red Widow follows a San Francisco housewife and mother who finds herself forced to continue her late husband’s work in organized crime for the sake of her family. The series’ cast includes Radha Mitchell, Clifton Collins Jr., Luke Goss, Sterling Beaumon, Suleka Mathew, Erin Moriarty, Jaime Ray Newman, Jakob Salvati, Lee Tergesen, Wil Traval, Rade Serbedzija, and Goran Visnjic.

The show’s ratings were unfortunately very low right from the start — debuting to a 1.5 demo rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.13 million total viewers.

The numbers got worse for later episodes and Red Widow fell as low as a 0.7 rating and 3.47 million viewers — much too low to warrant a renewal.

What do you think? Are you sorry that the show has been cancelled? Why do you think it didn’t catch on with a bigger audience?

Melissa July 30, 2013 at 5:48 pm

So disappointed, was waiting for second season to start!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Mags July 28, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I recorded every episode and watched them all on the same marathon day.
And now no more?????
Big mistake.

Meagan July 24, 2013 at 9:38 am

SO SAD this show was cancelled. HATE reality shows, and was so happy to have something great to watch on TV. The plot was orginal, the characters were fantastic. PLEASE RECONSIDER.

Lulu gamble July 21, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Very disappointed the show was canceled only after one season. Maybe they should have change the time of air since it was on during other popular shows on other net works! But I totally enjoyed it! Would love to have it come back!!! Please it’s so hard finding something good to watch !

Lisa July 19, 2013 at 2:57 pm

I am VERY disappointed that there will not be a second season of Red Widow!! Finally a great series and they cancel it after one season. I feel the timing and day of the show should have been changed. I watched it HULU and loved it!! I want second season!!! SO sick of reality shows!

Hiedi July 12, 2013 at 1:09 am

I am very disappointed they have cancelled Red Widow. It is a great show and very interesting. I am so sick of all the reality shows, it was nice to have a good drama to watch. I think you should have given another season.

CMH July 10, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I thought this was one of the best new series I’d seen in a long time. Intriguing storyline, great acting, strong characters.

Think ABC should give this series another shot, with more publicity . Starting new shows mid season is very confusing for viewers!!!

Susan July 9, 2013 at 2:36 pm

No comment

Amanda July 8, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Well I just looked to see when Red Widow was going to be back on to find out its Not! I think some how they got it all wrong they leave trash tv on like who realy gives a shit about reality tv really? Its junk I don’t watch an no one I know watches but red widow was one I know a lot of ppl were watching ! Im so disappointed so say the very least…

Carolyn July 7, 2013 at 12:46 am

Very disappointed Red Widow was cancelled. It was well written with lots of surprises. I think it should be given another shot.

Angela July 2, 2013 at 10:10 pm

I watched Red Widow on Hulu and lived it!! Was looking forward to season two!! Stop with all the trash tv and show real dramas like this one!

aletha June 27, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I am so disappointed they cancelled but keep junk on, I am turning more and more to HBO .

Suzan Lacey June 27, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Very disappointing I liked this one!! Please reconsider, with all the specials and unfortunate issues with the Boston Marathon I feel people just stayed focused on life.
The show was coming together don’t stop now.

Florence June 24, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I think when Red Widow started their season, there were too many TV specials taking place on ABC and other networks. This show was pre-empted by ABC, and was people were drawn to special programing events on other networks. This is a great show in which the characters in their rolls needed to be developed over a short period of time without so many interruptions. There was strong acting and the story line was interesting. The heat between Marta and Schiller’s characters was subtle but undeniable, which kept me watching .

Erin June 23, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I am so very disappointed that Red Widow was cancelled. It had to be my favorite series ever. Why? This was such a great program. Hard to believe tv is so undated with Reality shows that suck, and they take off such a great one as Red Widow. Unreal! I am pissed to say the least.