Red Widow: Cancelled by ABC, No Season Two

Red Widow canceledMarta Walraven (Radha Mitchell) won’t have to worry about working for the mob for a second season. Red Widow has been cancelled by ABC after one season and eight episodes.

Red Widow follows a San Francisco housewife and mother who finds herself forced to continue her late husband’s work in organized crime for the sake of her family. The series’ cast includes Radha Mitchell, Clifton Collins Jr., Luke Goss, Sterling Beaumon, Suleka Mathew, Erin Moriarty, Jaime Ray Newman, Jakob Salvati, Lee Tergesen, Wil Traval, Rade Serbedzija, and Goran Visnjic.

The show’s ratings were unfortunately very low right from the start — debuting to a 1.5 demo rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.13 million total viewers.

The numbers got worse for later episodes and Red Widow fell as low as a 0.7 rating and 3.47 million viewers — much too low to warrant a renewal.

What do you think? Are you sorry that the show has been cancelled? Why do you think it didn’t catch on with a bigger audience?

Anonymous September 22, 2013 at 5:15 pm

HOW COULD YOU CANCEL THE SHOW! I LOVED IT! PLEASE BRING IT BACK! GREAT SHOW

Anonymous September 19, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Please bring this back. So tired of paying for crap TV and now you take the one great adult program off. I’m tired of teen stuff, Zombies, Honey BOO BOO (DUH), and Reality shows. I want entertainment! Red Widow, Downton Abby, Revenge…great entertainment !!!

Karen September 19, 2013 at 4:58 pm

My Husband and I loved this show from the start. Please bring it back!!! It’s great and will catch on better this year.

Anonymous September 16, 2013 at 9:48 pm

I am so disapointed Red Widow was cancelled. I was looking forward to the premiere!Sunday is the only night I watched TV. Your Sunday Fall line-up was the only reason I was drawn to the TV. No matter what I’m doing, I always make sure I’m home in time to watch the only shows I’m willing to sit through. My TV will go off earlier on Sundays now.

jEANNIE September 16, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Loved, Loved, Loved this show. couldnt wait for it each week. I don’t know where you check for ratings but here in the midwest it was a real hit. ABC take hints from viewers. I doubt it!

Butterfly September 14, 2013 at 8:38 pm

I was an avid fan of Red Widow! I hope that some other network will reinstate it!!!

Si September 11, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Not very many shows I stay up that late for but red widow was one I never missed!!

Anonymous September 10, 2013 at 3:24 am

What the heck I’ve been waiting for the next season. Can’t believe it’s cancelled!!! Come back please!!! Sucks

evee September 6, 2013 at 9:04 pm

what the heck I loved that show it was awesome… is just that other good shows were showing… ate the same time and people could not decide what to watch I wish they did bring it back….

Julie September 5, 2013 at 5:38 pm

sure wish is was coming back I loved the show I kept coming back for more ,,,looked forward too each week it kept you in suspense..love that!!so very tired of reality shows talent shows,,so tired of them.

Anonymous September 2, 2013 at 11:43 pm

I really liked this show and was really looking forward to Season 2. Wish we could have a few episodes to give it closure.

Anonymous September 2, 2013 at 3:50 pm

I loved loved this show, as did lots of friends. We are all so sad that we don’t get
To see what happens next! Season 2 must go on!!!! Please….

Lynne Lussier August 27, 2013 at 6:09 pm

I am very disappointed that Red Widow has been cancelled. I was so looking forward to the new season. Please reconsider.

CD August 26, 2013 at 4:31 pm

This was one of the few shows we watched on ABC. Now will not watch anything that I can think of. Don’t care for reality TV at all. Was really looking forward to picking up where Red Widow left off. And can’t believe they canceled Body of Proof as well!!! Two of my favorites. Well, so long ABC!!! You might as well be gone from our Direct TV.

ST August 25, 2013 at 5:14 am

Gutted to hear its been cancelled!! Please bring it back!!! Loved the first series!! This was one of the few programmes I watched! Please please bring it back ASAP!