Red Widow: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Red Widow to be canceled or renewed?Tonight marks the season finale of Red Widow since ABC ordered just eight episodes of the series. Is this the end? Will the drama be back for a second season or will it be cancelled instead?

For those unfamiliar with the show, Red Widow revolves around a San Francisco housewife and mother who finds herself forced to continue her husband’s work in organized crime after his death. The large cast includes Radha Mitchell, Clifton Collins Jr., Luke Goss, Sterling Beaumon, Suleka Mathew, Erin Moriarty, Jaime Ray Newman, Jakob Salvati, Lee Tergesen, Wil Traval, Rade Serbedzija, and Goran Visnjic.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like we’ll be seeing a second season renewal for Red Widow. The show’s ratings were poor at the start — debuting to a 1.5 demo rating with 7.13 million viewers — and have gotten a lot worse as the weeks have worn on.

Last week’s numbers fell to a new low — a 0.7 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 3.47 million total viewers. Red Widow is one of the lowest-rated shows on the network, ensuring that ABC won’t be bringing it back next season.

But, what do you think? Should ABC renew the drama or are they justified in cancelling it? Are you satisfied with the last episode? How would you wrap up the storylines?

Anonymous May 10, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Abc cancels all of the good shows. It’s getting really annoying to get attached to a show just for them not to renew it. Don’t cancel this one too!

Maya May 10, 2013 at 1:20 am

Please re-new the show! It’s great. Love it. One of my favorite shows.

Brenda Watson May 9, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I really enjoyed this show Red Widow. I too would love Season 2, 3, 4, 5 and etc…… Bring it own!

Marion May 9, 2013 at 10:41 am

Please DON’T cancel the show!!!! it has so much potential

brenda May 9, 2013 at 12:31 am

This show has been GREAT. I would love to see how they develop Marta and Schiller’s relationship. I’ll be very disappointed for it to be cancelled.

Liza May 8, 2013 at 11:50 pm

I really liked this show and I hope they bring it back. Great plot, great acting, I want more!

Terry Roberts May 8, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I love this show!!! It’s awesome. Please don’t cancel it

M Bryant May 8, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Please donot cancel this show. It had so many twist and turns. I did like the season finale. Was totally shocked at the ending. WOW! Maybe people didn’t want to think, but I like shows that make you think who did it. Now I would like to see it go farther.

mk May 8, 2013 at 5:11 pm

great show,the actors had great connection together.needs to be given a chance with season 2.abc needs to rethink not bringing it back please or maybe tnt or usa can pick up the story. HOPE SOMEONE WILL READ THESE COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!

Kathryn Langlois May 8, 2013 at 4:16 pm

My husband and I loved the show (RED WIDOW) from the beginning. The actors are perfect. The way the show ended leaves us wanting more. Please do not cancel! ABC needs to promote it better and perhaps place the show on a different night of the week.

M May 8, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Don’t cancel this show…PLEASE

sandi May 8, 2013 at 12:13 am

Love the show! It held my interest in each episode with lots of plot twists. Please renew it!

Beth May 7, 2013 at 11:52 pm

I really liked Red Widow. I seriously hope there will be a season two for it. If not, my tv won’t be on ABC any more.

Kristin May 7, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Please don’t cancel this show!!! The main problem is they are moving too fast. They shouldn’t rush through all the dramatic moments (finding out her dad killed her husband then having him arrested all within 30 minutes). Slow it down a bit. Leave room for suspense. This show has a lot of potential. I love it! Maybe there would be more viewers if it wasn’t on at 10pm on Sunday night when we have to work in the morning the next day….

Kymberli May 7, 2013 at 10:59 pm

I have really enjoyed this show! I choose to watch this over Idol or Voice! I’ve never missed an episode. For me, i feel the neilson ratings system, is highly biased. ABC, you’ve already been proven wrong by canceling your beloved AMC & OLTL and your viewers have proved that by shoving crappy shows down our throats, we just ban ur network @ the appropriate hours,Chew anyone? Exactly! Please bring Red Widow back for a second season! Id love to see how Marta disowning her father and having him arrested will play out.