Reign: Season One Ratings

Reign TV show on The CWHistorical dramas have had mixed success on television. Will CW viewers find something to like in the Reign TV series or will it be cancelled after one low-rated season? We shall see.

Set in the 16th century, Reign follows the journey of a young Scottish queen who is betrothed to marry a handsome prince. He and his mother have other ideas. The cast includes Adelaide Kane, Toby Regbo, Torrance Coombs, Megan Follows, Alan Van Sprang, Celina Sinden, Caitlin Stasey, Anna Popplewell, and Jenessa Grant.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

2/13 update: The CW has renewed this series for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.57 million total viewers.

These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Reign TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

211 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Dewsterling says

If one is looking for historical accuracy, it’s unfortunate the producers weren’t able to find malnourished actors who had never been to a doctor or dentist as would have been true to the era. Similarly, they wouldn’t have bathed more than once a year and worn the same clothes every single day. We could have enjoyed episodes of lice, maggot, and rat infestations. Mary was 12, if my recollection of history serves me correctly, and Francis 11 – that would certainly make for fun and sexy political romance. Bash, of course, didn’t exist. I don’t believe Nostradamus was allowed openly and all of Mary’s ladies-in-waiting were also named Mary. Ah, yes, and they’d all be speaking French and the show would be subtitled. Alas, this is the U.S. We, as a nation, do not particularly enjoy listening to English spoken in a French accent. We do, however, like it with a British cant. Also, this is 2013 and we have food, medical care, and dentistry. This show is a very interesting and well-written homage to Mary Stuart. It is not meant to be a literal take on her life. And the times. Where nothing of substance would happen for months on end. [As a side not, when was the last time any historical film or tv show used hand-loomed fabrics much less hand-sewn costumes?]

2. Rachel says

I love this show!!! It keeps getting better with each episode. The relations between Mary and Francis keeps developing and getting more exciting each week. I think it should be renewed for a second season and hopefully more after that!!!

3. mesha says

I like it I think Yall should tell Mary life story though cause we still don’t know everything instead of jumping into the hot scenes . Renew it don’t cancell the show

4. Charlotte says

I thought the first episode was a little disappointing but I still wanted to watch the next one. Now after episode 3 I can say I’m enjoying the show and its gotten better with each episode hopefully that trend continues and we get a second season

5. ellen says

I wanted to like this show – I really tried. The first episode was just awful. The writing and acting were dreadful.

6. Bg says

I know in different CW markets they show Thursday night football games before TVD and Reign, like where I live. I have to wait till 11pm for vamp diaries and midnight for Reign to start. This is why the numbers are off.

7. Alex says

They honestly can’t think about 10/31 ratings?! It was halloween? Everyone was our either partying or hanging with friends?

8. Sara says

I think the series had potential but there are sooooo many things wrong with it. The costumes and wardrobe is NOT that worn in the 16th century (since when did woman in the 1500s show their legs) and other small things such as the behaviors of the ladies in waiting, the way the queen could barge in on a political meeting the king is having, etc. The reason other historical dramas (such as the Tudors) have been successful is because they were convincing. Also the acting is painful to watch. I was excited to hear about there being a show about Mary, the Queen of Scots but I guess I should’ve known better since the CW are more concerned with casting pretty actors and making up ridiculous love triangles than actual historical drama.