Reign: Season One Ratings

Reign TV show on The CWHistorical dramas have had mixed success on television. Will CW viewers find something to like in the Reign TV series or will it be cancelled after one low-rated season? We shall see.

Set in the 16th century, Reign follows the journey of a young Scottish queen who is betrothed to marry a handsome prince. He and his mother have other ideas. The cast includes Adelaide Kane, Toby Regbo, Torrance Coombs, Megan Follows, Alan Van Sprang, Celina Sinden, Caitlin Stasey, Anna Popplewell, and Jenessa Grant.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

2/13 update: The CW has renewed this series for a second season.

4/18 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Reign TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Tanya December 27, 2013 at 7:08 pm

It can not end they must Renew it!!!!!

Megan December 27, 2013 at 2:04 pm

THIS IS THE ONLY SHOW I WATCH. PLEASE RENEW IT. I THINK THE ACTORS ARE FANTASTIC! People that expect completely historically accurate TV shows on the CW are ridiculous.

M. Johnson December 26, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Reign is fantastic. I think the acting, plot, characters, and even the setting of this show are superb. I love it and my family loves it too. Every single episode is interesting, and the end of each episode so far leaves us with a great desire to watch the next episode. I will be sure to spread the word. It would be such a shame for Reign to be cancelled. Please renew it! And make many more episodes and seasons!

LaToya December 22, 2013 at 9:10 pm

I absolutely love this show. I have been a fan since it first aired. RENEW 100% I cant wait for it to come back

Trish December 21, 2013 at 3:15 am

Dear CW,
If ratings are based on actual viewers watching the night Reign airs on CW, it should be counted as erroneous and an outdated mode system of rating. We are in an era of streaming through other venues such as netflix, hulu plus, amazon, and network websites; and I would venture to say the majority of viewers watch Reign at varying times for varying reasons. Viewers have so much more control over when they choose to watch episodes than once upon a time. Viewing habits have changed, so therefore the rating system should change. I personally will pass up watching an episode on the night of network airing just so I can watch the episode on a streaming venue that has a great deal less advertisement interruptions. I believe it would be extremely short-sighted for Reign to be canceled based on this archaic rating system. I also believe streaming to be the way of the future to better meet the way viewers are opting to watch, no matter how many in the entertainment business continue to bury their heads in the sand wearing blinders. Change is inevitable in life, and in the world of entertainment change is here and happening now, whether networks keep up or not! The forum comments should be paid attention to and know that the majority of viewers will not stop to post, so for every viewer post there is the possibility that a considerable amount of viewers feel the same way and do not stop to post. CW, please consider other ways of determining a shows popularity before taking such a drastic step as not renewing Reign.

Paula December 20, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Cancel it its is history for morons people who want to turn a complicated woman into a moronic american teenager.

Grace December 18, 2013 at 10:33 pm

This better be renewed. Never been so invested in this show, and it’s really got my attention on CW. If this show was showed internationally (I live in INdonesia) there would be so much more love ):

Sarah December 15, 2013 at 2:38 am

Please dont cancel. I love this show and so do my friends.

Anonymous December 14, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Renew

Heather December 12, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Please please keep reign love this show!! The past I love secret circle gone, ringer gone!! Please don’t take reign from me!!

Jacks December 12, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Absolutely in love with Reign and the cast!!! I usually end up watching it on Amazon and I’ve purchased every episode even though I don’t have to! CW, you have to keep Reign! The fans are passionate and devoted to such a fantastic show!

Anonymous December 11, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Its excellent!! Don’t cancel

Robin December 10, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Love it!!!!! stopped watching Greys Anatomy for it, PLEASE KEEP!

Anonymous December 10, 2013 at 2:24 am

Keep so addicting!!!

Roxanne December 9, 2013 at 6:37 pm

BEST SHOW EVER!! It HAS to be renewed!!